• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Page 51

In woman's love there is injustice and blindness towards all she does not love. And even in the knowing love of a woman there is still surprise attack and lightning and night along with the light.
Woman is not yet capable of friendship: women are still cats and birds. Or at best, cows.
Woman is not yet capable of friendship. But tell me, you men, who among you is capable of friendship?
Oh your poverty, you men, and the meanness of your souls! As much as you give to your friend I will give even to my enemy, and will not have grown poorer in doing so.
There is comradeship: may there be friendship!

Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra, Friedrich Nietzsche.

My sister did this one: Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl: The Official Pokémon Full Pokédex Guide

Graveler - 075 Rock/Ground
Height: 3'3" Weight: 231.5 lbs
Ability: Rock Head, Sturdy
Items: Everstone
M/F have same form.
HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, Speed

And I did Fullmetal Alchemist volume 7.

"Sorry about this. I got guard duty. I know it feels weird with me inside but you've just got to deal with it, okay?"

"That's all right. I'm already used to it. Just don't touch the blood rune in there. It's the only thing that's keeping me in this world."

"You know ... you're body's pretty neat."

... -3-"

When the Pokewalker's batteries are running low

When the batteries are running low, a tiny battery will automatically be shown in the upper-left corner of the Pokewalker. You should change the batteries promptly. your Pokemon and items will not disappear even if the batteries are changed. For more information on changing the batteries, please consult the Pokewalker Operations Manual

the only thing lying around was the manual for heartgold....

'Ashley unlocked the hefty briefcase and opened the lid. With careful hands she pulled out what looked like an old-fashioned hourglass, escept that the glass enclosure separating the top and bottom circular platforms was rectangular and had no constriction in the middle. Four, foot-long wooden dowels surrounded the glass, one at each corner of the rectangle's glass faces had tiny hinges on one side as though it could act as a door to the inside.'

Circles of Seven, Bryan Davis.

A Car & Driver magazine that I haven't read yet. Ahem.

"With my ADVAN NEOVA ADO8s,
May I suggest one of these?"
YOKOHAMA
Technology drives better tires.™
ADVAN NEOVA ADO8 Yokohamatire.com | 800-423-4544
©2010 Yokohama Tire Corporation

Guess what? It was an ad. =P

"Firepaw raised his head and looked around the clearing. Who could Halftail mean? To Firepaw, all the warriors looked worthy of becoming deputy. Perhaps he meant Tigerclaw; after all, he had avenged Redtail's death."

No prizes for guessing the book.

It was actually the second closest. The closest has already been done. (The Angel Experiment)

Seven Fingered Fat Girl leaned against the cool. curbing outside wall and nodded. "I know. Dog nose, I don't think there is anything here to find. Not just here, in these little places, but anywhere in the whole city. No one would leave trade things behind."

Bones of the Past. Holly Lisle

The book nearest me right now is an address book...

Page 51 contains the contact information for someone I don't talk to anymore.

I saw that Menelaus only wore one, so that his hands looked naked for a man of standing.
"What are you thinking?" he finally said.
I was startled at his directness. "I was wondering about your ring," I admitted. "That you only wear one."
He laughed and held up his hand. "I need my hands to be free, not weighed down, even with gold."
"What is on it, then? What does it show?" I could see it was incised with figures.
He pulled it off and gave it to me. In the deep hollows of the oval I could barely make out two dogs flanking a curved object. Their heads arched toward the edges of the oval, making a graceful half circle. As I turned the ring to catch the carvings in the dull light, I realised how thick it was and how much gold it held. The House of Atreus was rich; in that Clytemnestra made a good match. Zeus gave power to the House of Aeacus, wisdom to the House of Amythaon, but wealth to the House of Atreus: I had heard that saying from Father's lips.

From "Helen of Troy" by Margaret George.

Believing a given proposition is a matter of believing that it faithfully represents some state of the world, and this fact yields some immediate insights into the standard by which our beliefs should function. In particular, it reveals why we cannot help but value evidence and demand that propsitions about the world logically cohere. These constraints apply equally to matters of religion. "Freedom of Belief" (in anything but the legal sense) is a myth. We will see that we are no more free to believe whatever we want about God than we are free to adopt unjustified beliefs about science or history, or or free to mean whatever we want when using words like "poison" or "north" or "zero". Anyone who would lay claim to such entitlements should not be surprised when the rest of us stop listening to him.

The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason, by Sam Harris

...I don't think you can count this as a book, but it is a Guide Book. It's talking about how to easily defeat Dungeon Bosses in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Time/Darkness. That's all, nothing special.

(2) Cultural characteristics By copying the conditions under which a particular bacterium grows naturally, it can be induced to grow artificially, and for this purpose various nutrient substances known as media are used.
(See CULTURE MEDIUM)
After a period of incubation on the medium on previously sterilised Petri dishes or in tubes or flaskes, the bacteria form masses or colonies, visible to the naked eye.
The appearance of the colony my be sufficient in some instances for the identification of the organism.

(3) (See LABORATORY TESTS)

An extract from Black's Student Veterinary Dictionary.

Well, the actual closest one is being read by my roommate, so I'll go with second-closest, which is The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, Abridged, by Jess Borgeson, Adam Long, and Daniel Singer.

DANIEL: Go ahead and read. (He poses.)
JESS: Well, okay. 'Troilus and Cressida' was written in 1603, published in quarto in 1604, and appears in the First Folio, although this version is some 166 lines longer than the second quarto edition of 1645, in which appears the famous "chihuahua" scene...
(DANIEL performs an awkward dance mime as ADAM re-enters, first with an inflatable dinosaur and then with a battery-operated Godzilla that walks and roars. DANIEL and JESS stare at the machine, and then at ADAM, until he turns it off and exits like a wounded puppy dog, taking his toy with him.)
JESS: Ladies and gentlemen, my book has nothing to do with Godzilla. (75) It discusses the possibility that Shakespeare's plays were actually written by Elvis Presley. I think it's groundbreaking work, you see he was abducted by aliens and entered a time-warp--
DANIEL: Wait a minute. Isn't there something in there about the plot?
(ADAM re-enters with a crown.)
JESS: Plot? Of course I cover the plot. What kind of scholar do you think I am? I cover the plot in depth in the footnote on page
(75) 'nothing to do with Godzilla'; here, Jess misses the essential connection of Shakespeare to Godzilla, which is....um...oh, forget it.

Environment means something. People who aren't heard, for instance, tend to speak louder, or to shut up entirely. But you should write to discover or uncover the environment and the tensions within it. Don't assume that the lower-middle-class family in which both parents work and are frazzled by debt is the spot where a child's voice might go unheard. Write to create a convincing circumstance and you might find that children go unheard in Martha's Vineyard just as they do in Tupelo. The idea is this: Don't get sociological when shaping a character's voice. Don't make presumptions as a writer about the way these environments work. There is nothing more icily calculated than a character whose words are used by the writer to poke at a social problem. Characters should speak, but only when they must, rather than when the writer needs them to.

Writing Dialogue, by Tom Chiarella

Back
Top Bottom