• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Realistic Pokémafia II

Superbird

Fire emblem is great
Realistic Pokémafia II

Because the mafia forum is active again and though I have finals in two weeks the AP exams are over so I feel like I have the time to run this.

Welcome to Realistic Pokémafia!

Realistic Pokémafia is called such because rather than having a standard defined action, players will instead use one of their several moves, which will serve as their night action. In addition, some players will have multiple damaging moves, and when one player uses a damaging move against another, damage will be calculated as it is in the games (including type matchups), and a portion of the target's HP will be deducted. It should be noted that not all moves will have the same effects as they do in the games.

Upon sign-up, each player will choose one fully-evolved, non-legendary pokémon. These pokémon will then be thrown randomly into a hat and each player's role will be randomly picked out of said hat.

Other than that, the game will function like normal Mafia -- there will be an uninformed majority faction, the innocents, and an informed minority, the mafia, and the win goals for each party will be standard. During each day phase, the town will vote to lynch one of their own, hoping to kill one of the dangerous Mafia, and the GM will use a powerful super-effective move on said Mafia member to kill them.

So basically, it's kind of like Metallica Fanboy's recent Pokéchoice Mafia, except slightly more consistent with the games.

Rules summation:
  • When signing up, each player will post one pokémon in the thread. These choices will be randomized to create roles.
  • Each night, a player MUST use one of their moves on an appropriate target.
  • If not sent in, night actions will be randomized with extreme prejudice.
  • When a pokémon's HP reaches 0, and only then, it will faint and be removed from the game, unless special circumstances apply.
  • Out-of-thread communication will not be allowed unless otherwise stated in role PMs.
  • During the day phase, the town may either choose to lynch one player, or to abstain from lynching altogether, though the latter option can be used only once and will become usable again after another player is lynched.
  • At the end of every night, each living player will recieve a report regarding their current status.
  • The Mafia will win when they outnumber the innocents.
  • The innocents will win when all the Mafia have fainted.

If there is anything vague or unclear, do not hesitate to question it publicly. Sign-ups will be open until they aren't -- after approximately 48 hours with no one joining the game, it will begin.

Hopefully this will go well, or at least be more balanced than last time.

Re: Realistic Pokémafia II

Is speed used in the calculations in any way?

Speed will be relevant only for moves that are affected by Speed, such as Gyro Ball.

Move priority, however, will have a distinct effect on the order in which actions are processed at the end of the night.

Speed will be relevant only for moves that are affected by Speed, such as Gyro Ball.

Move priority, however, will have a distinct effect on the order in which actions are processed at the end of the night.

Musharna, then!

Redaction: 36 hours with no sign-ups. I may as well start this tonight, while I have time.

Sign-ups are closed. The role PMs will be sent out shortly.

I do remember that. But I don't think that one finished, and plus this is II not 2.

Back
Top Bottom