• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

MD2 Déja Vu (Hey - It Rhymes.)

Pikachu Goddess

Current obsession: Bleach
MD2 Déja Vu (Hey - It Rhymes.)

Once while I was playing my Explorers of Darkness, I had just went inside Temporal Tower. I had no Oran Berries and only two Reviver Seeds to aid me against Primal Dialga, so I wanted to get through the whole thing in one shot without using up those precious Seeds. I was greeted by two Pokémon: one a Bronzor, and the other a Lunatone. There was a Twist Band and some Poké (I can't remember the exact amount) side-by-side between them. I was about two squares from the items.

The set up of the room was a pathway on the west and south wall and was rectangular. The Bronzor was on the west side, one tile from the Twist Band, and the Lunatone one tile from the Poké on the north side. My partner and I were south.

So, for some dumb reason, I went towards the Lunatone. The Bronzor picked up the Twist Band on the way, and - you guessed it - fainted from the battle (stupid critical hits...), and was revived. I of course shut off the game and turned it back on. I went back inside and the oddest thing greeted me. The exact same Pokémon, items, layout and position of my partner, myself and everything else were there. Everything the exact same as the last time.

So, what do you think?

Last edited:
Re: MD2 Déja Vu (Hey - It Rhymes.)

I'm fairly sure I've had this happen with Sky Tower in the original. Wonder what causes it.

I'm fairly sure I've had this happen with Sky Tower in the original. Wonder what causes it.

The fact that there is a finite (although just barely) number of combinations that can be used for a dungeon

Actually, if you die in a dungeon and go back to a centre point, it always does that. It's how I got through Temporal Tower - I knew what was coming.

... Actually, I think I may have entered Temporal Tower through the same spot twice. Maybe that's how it happened? (Well, it looked the same...)

The same thing happened to me: Only, it was on the internet. I was browsing tcod by hitting featured section, and one time I kept on getting the exact same section, for about 5 times.

I'm just wondering. Were you playing on an older DS or a DS lite? And if you were playing on an older one, did you hold the power button long enough for it to shut off? Because if you didn't, that may be the reason why. Though I'm probably the only one left that still uses an older DS... *sobs*

Back
Top Bottom