• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

General Sprite Contest

surskitty

「にがいのは いやだ」って…
Pronoun
they
Since it worked fairly well last time (and the time before that) and I would like to not get another PM about how the SPRITES AND PIXEL ART BOARD IS FILLED WITH SPRITE THREADS (what else would be there, dude?), have a GENERAL SPRITE CONTEST.

Rules
- Approximately fifteen entries per round! A bit more or less is fine, but stop posting unless you're judging after someone collected all of the sprites.
- Sprites must be sprites or possibly pixel art of some sort. JPGs are automatic fail, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. Other than that, however, anything that fits within the forum guidelines is fine. Just don't expect to win if your sprite is mediocre.
- One sprite per person per round. Do not post sprites multiple times. Edit your last post if you're changing your entry and say that you changed it in a new post. Having multiple sprites from the same person in the same round is confusing. Don't do it, or if you do do it, make sure they're not all visible.
- Anyone can judge, but you do have to actually give decent critique. Failing to be at all helpful bans you from judging for three weeks and means that someone has to rejudge, after which you can try again. Failing at being a decent judge multiple times will double the length of time in which you should not judge.
- Do not judge if you have a sprite entered in that contest unless you are capable of being completely impartial.
- You can make prizes if you want, but it's probably not worth the effort.
- Stop posting other random sprite contests unless there's actually something special about yours. Really. Themed seasonal sprite contests are fine; 'color something blue' or 'splice something with something else' are probably going to be locked. Speaking of which.... ETA: closing all sprite contests that start after right now. Finish up your bandwagon contest.
- You can request a particular theme, but you have to judge. If you're currently banned from judging for failing too badly, you cannot request a theme. Tough luck: wait a while.

Failjudges
- none

Round Overview
- ROUND ONE: SKOOT THE ANGRYJUDGE. POSSIBLY THE ANGRYFAILJUDGE.
- GO GO GO

SO WHAT'S UP, ANYWAY
- general contest (0/15)
- ... possibly a disco contest? WORK OUT WHAT YOU'RE INTENDING ON, ZULO

Last edited:
my holy recolor on a spiritomb counts thereby save me a spot!:grin:
EDIT: kk I'll post it eventually.

Last edited:
Post your sprite. I'm not saving spots when there's contest after contest. There's no point. Post a sprite when you have a sprite.

Last edited:
Here's my entry!
LaprasFire.png

Fire Type Lapras!

So far, every contest where I have posted this has died. Maybe this time I'll get some feedback >_<

opd55l.gif

Of course, I'll probably have to end up judging >_<

Nah, I'm probably going to judge for the first round since there're a lot of people that don't really remember the old ones, I think.

Oh, good. This sounds like a much better system. Now people will actually be judged on their sprites and not how friendly they are with the judge.
Anyway, entering 'evil rapidash':

ectrequine.gif

Maybe I'll actually get some criticism on this thing. Thanks! (:

I... don't get it. What's the theme?
There is no theme, unless someone plans on making a claim for next round and judging it. This round certainly doesn't have one, anyway.

It worked quite well in previous iterations of The Cave of Dragonflies forums and had not actually popped up in this version for who-knows-what reason.

I read on another thread that it is a Missingno or 'M or some glitch Pokemon to look like a head,i guess :P

[... shrug] Uh. If you... want? But I don't think it's that likely to do that well because - I dunno. Just... yeah.

Back
Top Bottom