• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sexuality

Sexuality?

• I am heterosexual.

Votes: 99 44.8%
  • I am homosexual.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • I am bisexual.

Votes: 42 19.0%
  • I am pansexual.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I am asexual.

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 33 14.9%

• Total voters
If I miss out on some sexual pleasure because I'm too caught up in my Religion, what's it to you?

Everyone else is stating their opinion freely here, and I believe I should be allowed to do the same.

Nothing. But you claim that no sex is disrespectful towards a partner; I find that offensive.

..I'm not really sure, thinking about it. I don't quite believe I'm straight as an arrow or anything. I'm going with Butterfree and Notory on this one, really. The times I do check out people, a good deal are men, and I prefer men, but women are preeetty :>

So...2 on the scale iunno :v

My parents were never married, are we all going to Hell? I was raised mostly by my mother because my father works overseas (and they've separated now anyway) and I can tell you I'm much more balanced and happy than most of the kids in my class whose parents stay together because they're Catholic or because 'divorce is for poors lol', which is sadly the view of a lot of those kids. Ew.

I don't see why you should be forced to stay with someone until you die while you slowly grow to hate them just because... I don't know, just because. And I'd still like my New Testament passages saying gay sex is bad, let alone gay marriage.

I also react strongly to this because it might affect my own marriage (if I ever want to, which is unlikely but er) and also because it's just being normal. If some guy strutted in saying he thinks blacks shouldn't marry whites or each other you'd be upset too, right?

EDIT: And no comparing gays to criminals isn't accurate for pretty damn obvious reasons.

The Catholic church is just going to wither and die if it doesn't adapt to modern times. There's already a severe shortage of priests in Portugal because no normal person nowadays wants to spend their life alone. Why can't women be priests? Why can't priests marry? Those are basic things lots of major religion have.

Last edited:
Marriage is rather arbitrary as a factor of relationships. People aren't more likely to stay together and happy if they get married than if they don't. People who are likely to stay together and happy frequently do get married, but being married is the effect, not the cause.

I technically see where you're going with the point about marriage being for the sake of raising children, but the thing is that your definition of marriage doesn't agree with the formal definition, which is what really matters here - married couples get certain benefits whether they have children or not, and thus the argument here is that a homosexual couple should be able to get the same benefits as a childless heterosexual couple, even if we put adoption aside. There are other benefits specifically for couples with children, but the benefits of marriage are designed for the convenience of couples in love who live together and plan to continue to do so for the rest of their lives, and homosexual couples can do this in exactly the same way as heterosexual couples.

Also, not everyone has children - even if they are straight, or whatever, but the point is try to avoid selfish marriages in which both partners are only interested in themselves.

From this and other things you've said, I'm gathering that you think people who don't reproduce are somehow 'selfish'. Personally, I think people who insist on having a small army of children in a world that's already a) overpopulated and b) full of existing children in need of adoption are the selfish ones. :\

I dream of doing naughty things to women more often than to men =3

In my romantic past, I've only ever dated guys, though that may be because nobody really believes that I'm bi. I've kissed a girl (a straight girl =D), but we never dated. I don't think she ever took all my flirty behaviors seriously - she even "played along" sometimes too, thinking the whole thing was just a joke. Boy, was she ever shocked xD

And, though I like caressing the well-built body of a man that works out, a good-looking woman naturally has many more things to grab~
Around guys, I'm a total lady - maybe a bit of a tomboy but I usually play the lady's part in any relationship with a guy. With girls, I get all freaky and play the role of "that pervy guy that keeps trying to touch meh ohnoez D="
It's funny because nobody takes me seriously so they all let me touch them thinking it's some kind of joke. Also because the guys we know are obsessed with lesbians and bisexual girls, so the girls think they can attract guys by "playing along".

Oh shit I ramble again >.<

Homosexual, borderline bi-curious (though never been actually sexually aroused by the opposite sex).

I have never been attracted to anyone, so I'm not sure how to answer this poll...

Pansexual; you can be attracted to anyone and everyone regardless of their gender / sexual orientation, and to a further extent, regardless of their physical features. Ideally, pansexuals are attracted to 'inner beauty' rather than 'external beauty', which makes it, imo, one of the more ideal sexual orientations if one is seeking for a long-lasting relationship.

Asexual; you aren't stimulated by sex and you do not experience sexual desires. You can still be in a relationship with someone (which draws similarities with pansexuality, in that you can be attracted to anyone and everyone), but you'll only derive inner happiness from it. A mutual asexual relationship is also one of the more stable relationships, imo.

Homosexual, borderline bi-curious (though never been actually sexually aroused by the opposite sex).

Pansexual; you can be attracted to anyone and everyone regardless of their gender / sexual orientation, and to a further extent, regardless of their physical features. Ideally, pansexuals are attracted to 'inner beauty' rather than 'external beauty', which makes it, imo, one of the more ideal sexual orientations if one is seeking for a long-lasting relationship.

Asexual; you aren't stimulated by sex and you do not experience sexual desires. You can still be in a relationship with someone (which draws similarities with pansexuality, in that you can be attracted to anyone and everyone), but you'll only derive inner happiness from it. A mutual asexual relationship is also one of the more stable relationships, imo.

Bear in mind that he's fifteen. I'm still sixteen and I've only just become attracted to anybody, and even then it's at a push. I don't think you should make yourself decide on a sexuality or label that fits you until you're absolutely sure you could do it properly. Until then, just like whoever you like without thinking about it too deeply. :D

Just my opinion, o' course~ It's why I'm not too fussed about whether I'm bi or gay. And you definitely couldn't decide it on experience, until recently I've only ever had crushes on guys and have never had any sexual experience at all, but I still know I'm probably a lesbian.

ftr I never actually felt sexually attracted to anyone really until I fell in love with my now-boyfriend; it was only about a year after that where I really explored my sexuality and as of now I feel I'm bisexual, and it's the same for him.

Supposedly hetero but feeling a lot more sexual about girls as of late. So I put bi, even if that's going a bit far right now.

Bear in mind that he's fifteen. I'm still sixteen and I've only just become attracted to anybody, and even then it's at a push. I don't think you should make yourself decide on a sexuality or label that fits you until you're absolutely sure you could do it properly. Until then, just like whoever you like without thinking about it too deeply. :D

Just my opinion, o' course~ It's why I'm not too fussed about whether I'm bi or gay. And you definitely couldn't decide it on experience, until recently I've only ever had crushes on guys and have never had any sexual experience at all, but I still know I'm probably a lesbian.

Well, of course, but the body does normally push you into having, at least somewhat lustful, mini-attractions to other people during puberty (it's a hormonal thing, I think). I wasn't trying to label him (though looking back, it does sound like I was); I thought he was just confused.

Well, I'm either pansexual or asexual. Therefore I settled on I don't know because I'm still trying to figure out which one exactly I am.

Same here. At least we're winning on the poll. xD

Not of you add up the rest of the people. Yes, there's 27 heterosexuals, but 35 homo/bi/pan/a/I don't knows. So you're technically still not the majority here.

Hrr... I suppose heterosexual, although I don't want to ever have it at all. So I suppose mild heterosexual that won't actually ever engage in it because it disgusts me so much? XP

However, I have been romantically attracted to one guy as well as a couple girls. It really doesn't matter there; I'm interested in someone's personality, not gender really. And since the eyes are the only part I care about on the outside (because they're not just determining the outside in my opinion) I could potentially go for either gender.

If you feel repulsed by sex or sexual feelings then I guess that's asexuality; You can always be biromantic if you're attracted to both genders.

Heterosexual. Not interest in males. They are gross.

Although it seems all my best friends are gay girls. Huh.

It's pretty cool living in a state where people are open minded. I'm ashamed to admit it but I used to be against it in like 5th grade until I actually matured and grew out of religious bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom