• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hamilton Mafia

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
Hamilton Mafia
A Small, Quick, Experimental Game
(link to signup thread)

---

How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore
and a Scotsman, dropped in the middle of an anony-
-mous game of attrition, his identity enshrouded and forgotten,
survive until his friends defeat the mafia?

This eight-player party game of meet-ya-maker
gets a lot harder if you can’t find the fakers.
If you let the muckrakers deliver a jawbreaker
to ya man, you’ll suffer a premature end to your labor.

But if there comes a day when you have managed to slaughter
and put away all the nay-sayers and proved you’re stronger,
you’ll find, if you truly were able to stop the scum,
the game will end, ya man will be indebted for days to come.

---

A handful of quick notes before we start:
  • I do want you to enjoy the flavor, but I don't want this to immediately devolve into "tell us your roles" "oh, whoever has a bad guy role is scum, and whoever claims to have the same role as someone else, one of them is scum". So in the interest of focusing this game on the mafia part so the Hamilton part can be just fun window dressing, I'm giving the scum plausible characters to fakeclaim from the start (but it's up to them to figure out plausible roles to fakeclaim with those characters).
  • For the most part all your powers are titled after lyrics from the musical, but I had to fudge some here and there, so don't necessarily get suspicious of folks who claim powers with names that aren't lyrics.
  • I'm gonna be a bit stricter about the 24-hour limit during the nights than during the days. As long as discussion seems to be moving, I'll usually opt for a gentle reminder to start voting, rather than immediately cut off the day with no votes in. But if you're clearly taking advantage of this, I may change my mind.

With all that in mind, let's begin!

Night 0 has begun. 24 hours for night actions.

Then the morning light came, confusion did reign,
the threats against ya man really seemed to be in vain.
Though he'd seemed to be in danger, no killing ever came,
so his friends breathed deep and came together to seize the day.

---

A voice rings out: "Pardon me, are you Aaron Burr, sir?"

---

No one has died.
24 hours for day phase discussion.

Okay, so I'd guess Aaron Burr is the mafia killing role, what with, y'know, being the actual person who killed Hamilton. Does anybody want to claim responsibility for that message, or do you think it's a GM message? If it's a GM message, what might it mean?

Also, if we have a roleblocker, they might want to come forward with who they targeted so we can investigate.

Hi! Sorry I'm not at home right now haha

I meant to comment this earlier, but it's worth noting that Jack said that character flavor doesn't necessarily indicate who is/isn't maf, so I doubt Aaron Burr is gonna be the Real villain

What JackPK said was "So in the interest of focusing this game on the mafia part so the Hamilton part can be just fun window dressing, I'm giving the scum plausible characters to fakeclaim from the start (but it's up to them to figure out plausible roles to fakeclaim with those characters)." So, I'm assuming the mafia is actually Aaron Burr and some of Jefferson/Madison/James Reynolds/George Eacker/John Adams/maybe Charles Lee or something, if JackPK is being creative), but they'll claim to be some other, innocuous characters.

What JackPK said was "So in the interest of focusing this game on the mafia part so the Hamilton part can be just fun window dressing, I'm giving the scum plausible characters to fakeclaim from the start (but it's up to them to figure out plausible roles to fakeclaim with those characters)." So, I'm assuming the mafia is actually Aaron Burr and some of Jefferson/Madison/James Reynolds/George Eacker/John Adams/maybe Charles Lee or something, if JackPK is being creative), but they'll claim to be some other, innocuous characters.

Oh whoops! Must have misremembered that

I'm an inspector, i guess.
I tried to inspect Flora but it failed.
So either we do have a roleblocker or my little quirk activated
Basically, if the other inspector and I target the same target, we'll fail.
I think.
Role PM was really poetic.

He already explained it:

Basically, if the other inspector and I target the same target, we'll fail.
I think.
Role PM was really poetic.

But since Cynder admitted to roleblocking Phoenix, that's probably not what happened.

So, uh, we probably want to start voting. Do we want to just abstain since nobody seems to have any useful information, or go for a lynch? DarkAura still hasn't said anything, but then again she doesn't seem to have been on since basically the start of the game.

Back
Top Bottom