• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Musics that sound like each other

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
You know what I mean, when if you hum one song straight after one another, it's difficult not to hum the first one twice. There're intentional ones like the funeral tune, and the imperial march from Star Wars. Then there's ones only I seem to think are similar like the theme tunes to Eastenders and Thomas the Tank Engine.

Which songs do you think sound similar?

Recently I noticed that there's a certain bit of Cynthia's battle theme that reminded me of the roller coaster levels from Talmit's Adventure/Marvel Land

I think Route 209 in d/p sounds like 21 guns by greenday, and the cave music in jhoto sounds like coldplay's clocks.

You know what I mean, when if you hum one song straight after one another, it's difficult not to hum the first one twice. There're intentional ones like the funeral tune, and the imperial march from Star Wars. Then there's ones only I seem to think are similar like the theme tunes to Eastenders and Thomas the Tank Engine.

Which songs do you think sound similar?

Recently I noticed that there's a certain bit of Cynthia's battle theme that reminded me of the roller coaster levels from Talmit's Adventure/Marvel Land

The Imperial March sounds just like "A Spoonful of Sugar" from Mary Poppins.

That sites also has a bunch of others, but I don't think that one can be beat.

Elecman's theme from Mega Man 1 and Faithfully by Journey...
Cyber Maze Core from X5 sounds a little bit like Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon from Touhou 8 to me.

I thought of another one. This background music to some of the dungeons in Recettear reminds me a lot of the second opening to the second season of K-ON (specifically the bit where the lyric is "forever forever shine!")

Wonderfilled Anthem and Highschool Never Ends:

"... would they call up a giant squid for a friendly meal? Highschool never ends! Da da, da da da da..."

Also for some reason when I'm trying to hum the gen 1/2 Pokemon Center music it turns into bike music.

If it's by humming, I can start humming one thing, then another, and finish off with one of my own humming compositions.

Anyways, I find the Indiana Jones theme remarkably similar to one of the Superman themes. I can't hum one after the other without humming one of them wrong.

Bump, but Ed Sheeran's Shape of You could very well be a mash-up of No Scrubs by TLC and No Diggity by Blackstreet.

Back
Top Bottom