• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Splitting the Fangaming section up?

Should the Fangaming section be split?

• Total voters
Heh, I make games, and I use RPG Maker XP. It's good, and its versatility can be increased if you know how to code Ruby, and its child language, RGSS. Game Maker is a bit too complicated, if you ask me. You have to upload single tiles, and make objects and other stuff. If you do want a tileset, you have to code it in using GML, which I can't really be bothered to learn just for this purpose.

I suppose it IS somewhat complex at first, but it's nothing compared to learning how to actually code. Still - it's not entirely uncomplex.

Nevertheless, it's called RPG Maker. Most popular versions are RPG Maker 2000 and RPG Maker XP, though there's also a 2003 and a fairly recent VX.

I've ONLY used the most complex programs, and I often give up after a couple of days of frusteration. XD

Thanks for the answer, sorry for the dumb question.

Heh, I make games, and I use RPG Maker XP. It's good, and its versatility can be increased if you know how to code Ruby, and its child language, RGSS
... You realize that Game Maker's versatility can be increased with ANY language ever, right? I can open up Turbo Pascel, and I can increase versatility.

If you do want a tileset, you have to code it in using GML, which I can't really be bothered to learn just for this purpose.

That is what the 'Use as tileset' checkbox is for in the Background Editor, as well as the 'Tiles' tab in the Room Editor...

usetileset.png

roomtiles.png

l2gamedevelopment

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom