• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea for a hack...

Icalasari

YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D
What about one that gives people the times we are usually on by checking the times we log on and the times we log off?

That way, as time goes by, people get a better idea of when somebody is on. Heck, it could also include each day of the week E.G. Monday: On between 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm

I would like that! x3

The each day of the week thing is great, I seriously hope we get that sometime soon. <3

How the hell would it even calculate that? How accurate could it even be? I come on this forum rather spontaneously.

It's a nice idea written down, but it doesn't seem practical at all.

Now that you say that, it isn't very practical.

When I come on varies; I come on whenever I feel like, which is all throughout the day in like, five minutes spurs.

No time in particular. And then some days I don't go on at all. :\

It is just an idea that I threw out there, as then, the more often the person comes onto the site, the more accurate the hack becomes as it detects a pattern

That would be... quite a bother to make, you know. A bit too much of a bother for a gimmick like this. Think about it - I'd need a whole new database table logging every time a user comes on and then do some heavy calculations with that whenever somebody views a user profile (or, alternatively, calculate it on the spot and store it in yet another table somewhere). Really not worth it, I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom