• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Post Count & Forum Games

Do you care whether the Forum Games' forum counts toward your total post count?

• I want it to count.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I don't want it to count.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters
You know, your insistence on using your subconscious as an excuse is quite tiresome. I'm pretty sure you can control these thoughts, you just don't want to. They are your thoughts. They're not inherent parts of you, like your need to eat or sleep or even who you're attracted to. They're thoughts about posting on a pokemon forum. You really, really can control them if you took the time to try.

Also, I speak only for myself, but I'm pretty sure this thread did a whole lot more with regards to judging your character than whether you'd posted a whole lot in forum games.

I am not lying about what I think is happening. That's all I have to say for your point about subconsciousness.

My character only appeared in the past few posts due to Butterfree talking about it. I'm happy to drop it if everyone else is okay with it.

Um, sorry, but I don't really think you can feel good and just about defending any oppressed underdogs here. Gay rights and incest are both fairly important issues, whereas this really is literally only something you seem to care this much about. Also wow do you really think queer rights are 'trivial' since you're not gay?? (Maybe you are gay. If so, wow, have a little faith in your allies.)

I am fairly sure I am not gay. And I said it was a bad comparison, but I really couldn't find anything else especially since I was quite tired when posting the post. You seem to be taking my words as an insult to gay people by calling them trivial, and I'm clarifying here than nothing of the sort is intended.

but nobody's being oppressed. It's not as though anyone's picking on people for caring about postcount or posting in forum games. man, even the minority here apparently can't be arsed to talk about it because it is literally so trivial. You disagree with the people you are sticking up for in this thread and it's obvious because your argument is all over the place ("well, other people do this, I think it's wrong, but someone should stick up for them, but we should take postcount off forum games") and that's why it's taken three pages for people to actually get what you're trying to say.

there is a difference between sticking up for minority rights and siding with underrepresented sides just because you can! this is especially so when you're arguing something that you don't even believe in yourself. This isn't like sticking up for quiltbag rights at all; you disagree with the opinion you're defending, whereas you can argue that quiltbag people deserve rights even when you're straight. They're not mutually exclusive like two opposing opinions. The analogy would be more correct if you hated quiltbag people, but argued for their rights anyway because they happen to be the minority.

man, if you believe in something, stick up for that, not other people that you disagree with that happen to be under-represented. you can hardly call yourself opinionated if you argue opinions that aren't even yours.

I know they're not oppressed, and I know they have the chance to speak, and I know it's their fault that they're not speaking out for themselves and it's really none of my business, but I just feel this way about the situation and I say what I feel and I argue for it.

As for arguing what I'm not believing in; I think of it more like me using arguments for people I don't agree with as a method to support my original point (which I do believe in myself).

-

Please stop questioning my honesty, because anyone could just easily shout "YOU'RE LYING" at the opponent in a discussion and then it suddenly becomes deprived of logic.

And anyway, I could have easily lied/not mentioned it and you wouldn't know. These points are about why I shouldn't be arguing, not why my argument is wrong. And to be fair, it's my decision as to which side to argue for.

Ugh, for some reason, I don't enjoy this debate as much as I do others. Maybe I'll just stop posting. =/

Back
Top Bottom