• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Subforum for Personal Questions?

surskitty

「にがいのは いやだ」って…
Pronoun
they
quite a lot of threads in Misc Discussion are just for random questions and it would probably be useful to have a subforum just for that sort of thing. it'd be cleaner, anyway, and likely useful to avoid repeat threads.

thoughts?

If they have a problem and need advice, most people just post in CC though don't they for personal things?

Half the threads that happen to be worded as questions have good room for discussion (e.g. languages), and the rest are just kind of fun but thin on discussion threads (e.g. current clothes) and don't really need to be grouped or shoved out of the way. We don't need another cluttery subforum; at most, I'd move the more discussion-skimpy threads to Insanity.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're probably right. Might be effective to tag a lot of them something useful, though!

So I'm guessing this'd basically be like a "polls" forum that some other sites have? I don't think it's really a bad idea. Only problem I can think of is there might be some confusion on just which forum a thread would go in. I looked at Miscellaneous Discussion myself just to count how many threads would go in each board if a split was made, and there were some ("Dreams" being an example) that I had trouble categorizing. I don't think it'd be that big of a deal, though.

Anyway, It seems like there are a decent number of both question and non-question threads so that neither forum would be left virtually empty if it were done. I think it's a pretty good idea, all things considered.

That 'dreams' thread is effectively 'what are some of your dreams' or 'what do you tend to dream', so I'd categorize it as a personal question. But um yeah

Might be effective to tag a lot of them something useful, though!
Here. A few of them are borderline, but hey. It was originally "survey", but that was ambiguous; there are some survey-ish threads that hold discussion. There are also a few borderline threads I didn't tag because even though there wasn't much room for discussion, some was happening.

Back
Top Bottom