• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Team Rocket Challenge

Dar

oops, did it again
Pronoun
they
When I was looking through Pokememes, I found a challenge that I actually thought was pretty interesting, although it does seem rather easy.
pokmon-are-you-prepared-for-trouble.jpg

If you're interested, try it and post your progress. I'll probably do this on my Platinum, due to the "Avoid Battles with Team Rocket" rule.

EDIT: If anyone wants to add additional rules, feel free to suggest.

Last edited:
HELLS YES i will be doing this in platinum. my new solution to nuzlockes

another thought - team magma challenge (in sapphire) or team aqua challenge (in ruby) or team independent challenge (in emerald). similar except the usable types are fire, ground, dark in magma challenge and water, ice, dark in aqua, and for team independent flying, normal, dragon, psychic, and golduck

Additional rule - if you have a Meowth on your team and you run across a wild Pikachu or a trainer using a Pikachu, you must use your own Meowth to beat them.
If you don't have a Meowth and you run across a Pikachu you must still beat the shit out of it with the strongest attack you have available anyway.

I have made slight progress.

Name: James
Rival: Butch

Turtwig
Level: 6
Name: Cassidy

Bidoof
Level: 4
Name: Ami​

Last edited:
another thought - team magma challenge (in sapphire) or team aqua challenge (in ruby) or team independent challenge (in emerald). similar except the usable types are fire, ground, dark in magma challenge and water, ice, dark in aqua, and for team independent flying, normal, dragon, psychic, and golduck

I think you'd probably want to add poison to both the Magma and Aqua challenges. For Team Independent, I have no idea, though; it kind of sounds like you'd just do the normal Rocket challenge.

Also this sounds so cool aaa. I want to do the Magma challenge in Emerald, but I only have Emerald and that kind of breaks the spirit of things. I'll probably start one of these soon.

Last edited:
I think you'd probably want to add poison to both the Magma and Aqua challenges. For Team Independent, I have no idea, though; it kind of sounds like you'd just do the normal Rocket challenge.

Hmm, that's a thought. Other than Zubat I never noticed much poison usage in their teams, but I guess poison is in just about every team somewhere haha.

Team independent is supposed to be analogous to Rayquaza since Emerald doesn't favor one team or the other but I guess the normal Rocket challenge in emerald works too haha

eta: team in platinum

name: alti
rival: casey (boyfriend)

[mary lynn] turtwig (f)
level 10

[hannah] bidoof (f)
level 9

[isabel] silcoon (f)
level 9

[kathleen] cascoon (f)
level 9

[meriwether] budew (f)
level 9

[jordan] kricketot (m)
level 8

[wilson] zubat (m)
level 3

Last edited:
Name: James
Rival: Butch

Turtwig
Level: 8

Bidoof
Name: Ami

Zubat
Name: Zu

Kricketot
Level: 7
Name: Mozart

Budew
Level: 7
Name: Jessie

Haha, one of my Soul Silver files is Kojirou (rival's name is Satoshi) and my team's growlithe / cacturne / chimecho / mr mime / carnivine / koffing.

Okay, so I'm going to do this also. (Actually, I've already started, but caught a single pokemon so it's not that bad.)

Info about character:
Name: Crystal
Rival: Ash
Starter: Bulbasaur

Current progress:
- Got Stole female Bulbasaur from Prof. Oak
- Nicknamed Bulbasaur Ivy
- Lost to Ash (It's team Rocket anyway)
- Did some grinding to get Ivy up to level 7
- Lost in a battle with a level 4 Rattata
- Grinded to level 8
- Got Oak's Parcel
- Delivered item above
- Got pokedex and pokeballs
- Caught a male level 4 Rattata (Scooter)
- Currently grinding for Scooter.

Team:
001.png

Ivy, level 8, female, no hold item.

019.png

Scooter, level 4, male, no hold item.​

UPDATE: Made some more progress!
- Got to Viridian Forest.
- Caught a Pikachu! Awesome.
- Caught a Weedle and Caterpie. Less awesome.
- Somehow, I caught all of these at the same health. What?

NEW team:
Pikachu
Tessa, level 3, female, no hold item.
Ability: Static.

Bulbasaur
Ivy, level 8, female, no hold item.
Ability: Overgrow.

Caterpie
Cupcake, level 5, male, no hold item.
Ability: Shield Dust.

Rattata
Scooter, level 5, male, no hold item.
Ability: Run Away.

Weedle
Stinger, level 4, male, no hold item.
Ability: Shield Dust.​

UPDATE 2: More progress. Awesome.
-Beat BROCK. Because that's how you spell BROCK.
-Ivy grew to level 10 of beating his Geodude. It made me win due to Vine Whip.
-Onix: Leech Seed + Vine Whip made quick work of him.
-Became a rom hacker.
Team:
Bulbasaur
Ivy, level 12, female, no hold item.
Ability: Overgrow.

Weedle
Stinger, level 4, male, no hold item.

Caterpie
Cupcake, level 5, male, no hold item.

Rattata