• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Please Make me a HTML Template

Vintage1998

Could someone please make me a Pokemon HTML Template for my site. it doesnt matter what it looks like but i will make a poll to choose which one to use if more than one is made.

thanks

Why can't you edit it yourself? HTML isn't exactly hard to learn.

And why should anyone want to just hand you a template for free? What do they get? Why do you deserve to just come here and ask for a handout instead of attempting to do the work yourself?

Protip: People around here do not appreciate lazy webmasters. At all.

ALL OF YOU STOP BEING HORRID! IM 10 YEARS OLD! I DON'T KNOW HTML! I CANT LEARN IT! ITS COMPLICATED TO A 10 YEAR OLD!

*has learned HTML when she was 9*

Well, you can't expect us to do all the work and coding for you. If you can't even edit a basic template, tell us: how are you planning to make a website, if you are so lazy you don't want to edit your own template?

If you aren't willing to learn HTML, you could use a program for making webpages. Hell, you can even do that on MS Word..

ALL OF YOU STOP BEING HORRID! IM 10 YEARS OLD! I DON'T KNOW HTML! I CANT LEARN IT! ITS COMPLICATED TO A 10 YEAR OLD!
I'm ten, too. I learned HTML and didn't find it too complicated. I have a website that I coded by myself, with some scripting help from my father(the HTML I did on my own). You can probably teach yourself if you stop looking for handouts and use Dragonfree's guide.

no i mean... * sigh * I need proffesional. i cant do professional. i can do basic. and thats it. got no money for vB or hosting. so i need help

vB has absolutely nothing to do with a static website layout.

And again, why on earth do you expect people who don't even know who you are, what your plans for the site are, how dedicated you really are to your work, etc., to just hand you a "professional" layout for nothing in return? At least offer people something to do the work for you if you're too lazy to do it yourself. That's why people generally get paid for professional layouts?

Vintage, while it's nice to have a professional layout on your site, it isn't nearly as important as the effort that you put into your website. I began learning HTML when I was 10 or 11; if it's something you're really interested in, then it's not too complicated.

Also, if you really want to have a professional website, then you're going to have to know how the layouts are coded. You said you can do basic stuff - start there! We all started at square zero once. It's not fair to expect that your website is going to be brilliant right from the beginning. It's your effort and your dedication that makes your website amazing.

And btw, having no money for hosting has nothing to do with layouts either.

:unsure:

HTML isn't that hard to learn, just find a good tutorial.

I'm only 14 and I coded my school's entire website complete with Javascript behaviors and the like. It's very possible for kids to code.

If you don't have the patience to learn to code, you're obviously not going to have the patience to run a website.

Last edited:
If it can't pay for hosting, how on earth is it going to pay for Dreamweaver? At least recommend a free WYSIWYG program.

Not that people should generally recommend WYSIWYG programs, as none of them are exactly stellar. I imagine that Vintage here wouldn't be particularly concerned about that, but hey, if we're going to teach then let's teach all the way!

If HTML is so complex for you and you have no hosting, what on earth do you want a website for?

This isn't the 'Free HTML Handout' forum, either. We don't serve you layouts on silver platters or promise to do your work for you. I don't really care that you're ten. I think this site could really help you. It's outdated, definitely, but it's simple. I wouldn't use all of the codes from there because some are outdated, IE only, and just clutter-inducing, but for the basics, it's a pretty good resource. It also has a (slightly less outdated) CSS section.

Back
Top Bottom