• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HOLLYWOOPER: a fakemon forum that doesn't suck

Karkat Vantas

Virile God-Snake Tower of Masculinity
Hollywooper

Hollywooper! It's a forum that's based around the discussion of fakemon, sort of like dexgenesis!!! But with shiny prizes and polls and contests!!!!!

It is better than it sounds!!!!!!!

Join it!!!!!!!!!

YO BIZNATCHES

So. We have weekly contests for fakemon designers of any media (both a co-op and vs contest), a pretty simple RP starting, and a forum shop opening soon to spend your shiny money on.

So uhh. All I can say is that I think if we get enough people the forum could be really cool. It's an idea I haven't seen before, besides Dexgenesis, which was more of a "community project" than a forum. (not that it wasn't cool.)

Hrm. I poked around a bit and wouldn't mind joining, except I just want to know...I don't really sprite my fakemon, and when I do, they're usually just heavy edits/splices, since I'm a very bad spriter. Would this impede me in any way, and would I still be able to join and participate? I've noticed most of the stuff here is sprite-y, and I just do drawings mostly.

Plus lots of my designs could be taken as more...dark than the norm.

It looks like it'll be a cool place though. I rarely have places to share all my Fakemon.

All media are accepted - traditional, digital, pixel, hell, if you sculpted fakemon we'd still critique them.
So, the answer is yes, you'd still be able to join - just because most of the people we asked to "beta" the forum are spriters, doesn't mean you have to be. :)

(and dark designs? Pssh. We've got Aviculor.)

This actually looks pretty sweet. I'm currently working on a "fakedex" of my own, although I only have five and a half finalized drawings of pokemon (and they are pretty shitty drawings). However, I do have a pretty decent amount of rough sketches and vague concepts.

I'll join, I guess, when I'm a little less busy.

Very nice site and layout, and a stable forum host. This is great.

But I have a suggestion.

If possible, intergrate Simple Machines Forum or another free Php forum host. You'll be able to get rid of the domain for free, and have new features, making it appealing.

(PS. I can make a favicon for the site if you want. Just PM me with details for it if you're interested.

I also have some friends on another forum that are amazing at making site banners, if you're interested.)

If possible, intergrate Simple Machines Forum or another free Php forum host. You'll be able to get rid of the domain for free, and have new features, making it appealing.

SMF looks cool, but I don't believe it's possible to integrate it into Zetaboards. (Not from what I've googled, at least)
Besides, if we moved forums now, that would just be ridiculous. The forum's been up for what, a week?

Also I am no good with code.

this better last because (and i'm sure you agree with me here) this "gee a cool new forum but now it's dead" shit is getting old.

Back
Top Bottom