• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Random code not working

Seritinajii

Always a sucker for bubble tea
Pronoun
he
I'm trying to put random tags in my signature for quotes, but it's not working.

[random]
[quote=Drake and Josh]
(Josh answers the door)
Josh: Oh, hi!
Mailman: Package for Josh Nickols?
Josh: Oh, thanks, have a nice day!
Mailman: Don't tell me what to do.[/quote]

|||

[quote=by Strickland Gillilan]
Lines on the Antiquity of Microbes

Adam
Had 'em. [/quote]

|||

[quote=Courage the Cowardly Dog]
(Courage is making macaroni and cheese for a younger Muriel.)
Courage presents the mac and cheese.
Muriel: Less cheese.
Muriel: More macaroni.
Muriel: Less macaroni.
Muriel: More cheese and macaroni.
Muriel: Less macaroni.
Muriel: Perfect.
Muriel splatters the macaroni onto Courage's face.
Muriel: I hate macaroni and cheese.
[/quote]
[/random]

It appears to be working fine right now. As a fair warning, though, it's perhaps not a good idea to put any spaces or line breaks around the |||, as that will reflect in whatever you're trying to put the code on.

If you're viewing it in the Preview Signature feature, then it's supposed to show the array of possibilities separated by a line break, "|||", and another line break.
If not then I have no idea what is wrong.

Yes, the random code is only parsed in posts; your sig works fine. In your profile or when previewing your sig, you see everything you put there so that you don't have to refresh to make sure you didn't, say, do something wrong in the HTML in one part or something.

Back
Top Bottom