• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Six Years Later: Stealth Rock

Has Stealth Rock been good or bad for competitive Pokemon?

• Total voters

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
Yes, the move that changed competitive play forever.

Do you think its introduction was a positive or a negative for the metagame, and why?

I think it was a positive, because, along which the physical/special split, it pretty much took much of what we knew about competitive play and threw it out the window - everyone had to start from scratch, and Rapid Spin became much more of a thing than it was in Gen 3.

Negative.

It wasn't balanced like Spikes; it only punished certain pokemon more than necessary.

Negative. Some pokemon (read: type combos) are basically unusable. I understanding the reasoning they probably had - spikes not affecting flying/levitators, they wanted something that would - but it doesn't have to be so devastating.

I understanding the reasoning they probably had - spikes not affecting flying/levitators, they wanted something that would - but it doesn't have to be so devastating.

Basically this. I mean, yeah Spikes is awesome, but to really start seeing results you need three layers, which is actually reasonably difficult to do. Stealth Rock on the other hand? You only need to use one layer to see it destroy teams, and a suprisingly high number of pokemon can learn it. Also, the whole "Spikes, but for Flying" is actually a pretty cool idea, except Stealth Rock can cripple non-fliers I.E. any Fire or Ice type, and they already had a lot of weaknesses already (or well Ice did).

Tl;dr: Stealth Rocks is an unbalanced move.

Basically this. I mean, yeah Spikes is awesome, but to really start seeing results you need three layers, which is actually reasonably difficult to do. Stealth Rock on the other hand? You only need to use one layer to see it destroy teams, and a suprisingly high number of pokemon can learn it. Also, the whole "Spikes, but for Flying" is actually a pretty cool idea, except Stealth Rock can cripple non-fliers I.E. any Fire or Ice type, and they already had a lot of weaknesses already (or well Ice did).

Tl;dr: Stealth Rocks is an unbalanced move.

Just wondering - should Stealth Rock be banned?

Back
Top Bottom