• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2011

No Morphic 2? ; ;

(end drama)
The extent of my plans for the Morphic sequel is the focal morph, the villain, and a long scene that I wrote that I'm still not sure will even be in the actual fic because it's probably about as obviously made of pure author appeal as all those foot-focus scenes in Quentin Tarantino movies. So no, there is absolutely no way the Morphic sequel is getting done this November. I'd prefer finishing the rewrite of the original first, anyway.

I want to do it but, as I discovered last year, November is the busiest month of my life; the school musicals, debating and pre-mocks are all on then. It also depends on whether I get a new laptop by then or not, because hell naw am I gonna write jack shit on this laptop.

I've counted the current amount of words in my novel to see how long it would take me to complete the challenge and... wow! I'm impressed. Currently my novel has around 20,000 words. Of course, I haven't written during consecutive days so I'm pretty sure my overall writing time amounts to no more than two weeks if the days are combined together, but still it would take me some time to actually finish the 50,000 words. I've never really tried power writing, since my mornings are non-existent (I sleep) and when I get home from my job I'm usually tired, so the weekends are the only time I can actually concentrate on the writing itself. It should be fun to actually do the challenge, as when power writing you don't have the time to go back and fix mistakes, so the writing may look more spontaneous.

I don't have tiiiiiime

Hm, last year was my first NaNo, and it averaged me about 6 hours to churn out the daily word count for the first few days. The time decreased exponentially until it was at about 3 or 2.5 at the end. And that was with me bsing everything on the way, since I didn't actually have any plan besides a vague idea in my head of what will happen and thus constantly ran into logic blocks where something just doesn't make sense and I couldn't push the plot along. I'm pretty sure, for people with more practice and better planning, the daily writing could be chopped down to one or two hours. That actually isn't that much.

And then the actual NaNo will come and I will die a horrible, hypocritical death, but MEANWHILE...!

I'm currently making an outline, but it's getting really, really long o.o It's about 1 page now, with no spacing, and it's only halfway through the plot. There's a lot more things I would like to add in, but there's no spaaaaaaace

Last year I almost managed it but I gave up fairly easily. I went home for the weekend and I just stopped writing, and when I got back I didn't continue. I think a large part of it was my complete lack of direction -- I just had a vague idea that "this sort of has to happen I guess probably", and that doesn't go so well for me generally.

I've gained some sense and decided to not due my horribly terrible original fic, and instead I'll be writing Homestuck Mafia Two: Troll Edition the fanfic! Yay!

I have pretty much everything planned out, which is genuinely surprising (good thing I kept night action logs) and a fairly good start. If I can't churn out the whole 50,000 words on the fanfiction itself, which is likely, I'll start counting all the RP posts and reffings I do. That'll help if I decide not to be lazy.

Also, as previously mentioned a while ago I have become obsessed with the pairings in that mafia. Nepeta<3Feferi is going to be a thing that's happening, yes.

I'm going to try doing it this year.

My first two attempts... pretty much failed. xD I got writers' block after about two or three chapters in both of them, and only managed about 3-5 thousand words and gave up. A while ago, I was planning to do a sequel to my Warriors fanfic (of which I've only written two chapters, so far), but I've decide to remake a story I attempted back in late-2008 that didn't get anywhere.

I've gained some sense and decided to not due my horribly terrible original fic, and instead I'll be writing Homestuck Mafia Two: Troll Edition the fanfic! Yay!

I have pretty much everything planned out, which is genuinely surprising (good thing I kept night action logs) and a fairly good start. If I can't churn out the whole 50,000 words on the fanfiction itself, which is likely, I'll start counting all the RP posts and reffings I do. That'll help if I decide not to be lazy.

Also, as previously mentioned a while ago I have become obsessed with the pairings in that mafia. Nepeta<3Feferi is going to be a thing that's happening, yes.

Is Aradia<3<dying on like, night two another relationship
man that sucked.

Imma do something new this time around. I think 'tis time for a fanfic :D

I wanna do a Pokemon one but they're so..cliched. Pokemon trainer goes out, catches them all, kills other trainers' pokemon, wins badges, beats up faily evil team of idiots, blahdefrala.

I think I'll just have the Unown merge the pokemon universe with our own and write about the inevitable chaos that will occur in a world without the technology to capture and control such creatures. The government will undoubtedly attempt to control them anyways. The pokemon will turn on humans. An apocalyptic story brought about by mischievous Unown and bloodthirsty pokemon. A darker side of Pokemon. Ohyes. That is what I shall do. <3

I think I'll finally write Lycoris. Which is really supposed to be a webcomic, but couldn't hurt to actually get the basic story down and all typed either.

I think I'll try it out this year, as I'm having little or no homework this year.

I'm not actually into writing, but I can throw something together.

Imma do something new this time around. I think 'tis time for a fanfic :D

I wanna do a Pokemon one but they're so..cliched. Pokemon trainer goes out, catches them all, kills other trainers' pokemon, wins badges, beats up faily evil team of idiots, blahdefrala.

I think I'll just have the Unown merge the pokemon universe with our own and write about the inevitable chaos that will occur in a world without the technology to capture and control such creatures. The government will undoubtedly attempt to control them anyways. The pokemon will turn on humans. An apocalyptic story brought about by mischievous Unown and bloodthirsty pokemon. A darker side of Pokemon. Ohyes. That is what I shall do. <3
Trainerfics can be made interesting, they just usually aren't.

But that other idea sounds awesome enough.

So this is going to be my first NaNoWriMo attempt ever. It will also hopefully be my first completed piece of original written work! I have thrown out all previous attempts at an original writing because of my horribly low confidence in my own writing skills. This is the same reason that I have never posted in the writing forum until right now!

So this is going to be my first NaNoWriMo attempt ever. It will also hopefully be my first completed piece of original written work! I have thrown out all previous attempts at an original writing because of my horribly low confidence in my own writing skills. This is the same reason that I have never posted in the writing forum until right now!

Whooo! Good luck! Last year was my first NaNo and I totally winged it. It's going to be really painful during the first week because you will have lots of places you would really much like to go back and edit the crap out of or maybe set on fire, but don't be discouraged!

I hope you get something cool out of this :D

Anyhow, everyone, NaNoWriMo is approaching rapidly! There's only a month left (gasp!) until it starts! I am completely swamped with work right now, but I'm still really excited for this for some reason.

asdfghjkl

a MONTH I just I mean aaaaaa

I have my plot completed. I know exactly what's going to happen for about 70% of the scenes. I know my main character like the back of my hand. My supporting characters are still basically cardboard cutouts, though. Um. AAAAAAAAAA

plus I think November is going to be very time intensive for me. ; ;

Is it bad if I start on my story naow, and just not count any of the words typed before November 1st? I'm going insane waiting ;___;

Is it bad if I start on my story naow, and just not count any of the words typed before November 1st? I'm going insane waiting ;___;
There's no reason not to! It's not like nanowrimo has any real rewards, either, so.

I think the main rule of NaNo is "if you think you won, you won". Along the lines of "if you think it's a novel, we think it's a novel, too".

Okies :3 I decided to start right naow on my NaNoWriMo story. I lack the patience to wait til November starts. xD

So, I'm halfway through chapter two. Isaiah, my main character, is walking through the dark, empty halls of his school after the dimensions have been merged. No one else is in sight, so he believes he may have been unconscious longer than he first thought. He currently believes that it was just an earthquake, albeit an unusually strong one for his region. I need him to enter a classroom, which he will find to be wrecked. Chairs and desks upended, books scattered and broken across the floor, etc. He'll turn to leave and freeze, seeing the dark shape of a creature (A Houndoom but he doesn't know anything about pokemon yet, so as far as he's concerned, it's some kind of hellhound monster thing) standing in the doorway, motionless, eyes glowing a blood red as it raises its head and snarls quietly. The whole problem here is why did he enter the room? If I was in this situation, I wouldn't just be walking into a random classroom, I'd be getting my happy butt to the exit and leaving this creepy school. Can anyone think of a reason why he'd go into the room? 'Tis a rather important bit of the plot since it introduces the very first Pokemon he encounters.

Back
Top Bottom