• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Meowfia

(Although what jumps out at me slightly more in that post is that he's drawing a lot of hypotheticals about what the mafia is doing without putting anything forth about who they could be; not sure if that's alignment indicative per se, in any case, but it's a thing.)

Butterfree, what do you think of this?

We're (basically) in MyLo right now. If RNP is town, he's the easiest mislynch for the mafia to push based on d1 events and he should know this. I go gunning for RNP right out of the gate. Does it make sense for town!RNP to not even consider the possibility that I could be scum here?

Hmm. That is an interesting point.

Looking back at RNP's posts again, though, he does appear to have consistently townread you throughout the game, even repeatedly voting to follow your lead, so it doesn't seem all that impossible that his kneejerk reaction to "my top townread thinks I'm scum" is "you're falling into their trap", not "you're the scum".

Keldeo, can I have a votecount?
I liek Squirtles (3): RedneckPhoenix (#144), Butterfree (#146), Flora (#160)
RedneckPhoenix (3): Eifie (#121), I liek Squirtles (#136), M&F (#165)

Deadline in 1 hour, 10 minutes.

Well, if the two of you have two scumteams that you heavily suspect, might I convince you all to get on the abstain train, albeit maybe after we get a time extension so as to avoid an accidental quickhammer?

There's only 2 possible deaths that wouldn't be any help narrowing things down -- and the doctor would be covering at least one of them (even if the doctor happens to be the other), which puts the mafia in a pretty awkward position: out themselves for a safe kill, or take 50-50 that they'll get doc blocked.

I don't think abstaining is really that productive. It's technically the mechanically correct move but I don't expect the mafia to oblige us by narrowing down the suspect pool, so it'd almost certainly just be dragging things on unnecessarily. And the risk of losing thread momentum by dragging things out is a real thing too; I've seen it almost happen before.

Who do you think is the most likely scum team atm?

By the way, in case people aren't already thinking it: I don't think Flora/ILS is a possibility anymore. Flora had a chance to very believably vote RNP here and they didn't.

Well, if the two of you have two scumteams that you heavily suspect, might I convince you all to get on the abstain train, albeit maybe after we get a time extension so as to avoid an accidental quickhammer?
I really do think it's you and ILS over RNP and Flora, though. I can't rule out the latter, but Flora's ignorance is super weird to me if they're scum.

I suppose we could go for the abstain today, but I can't see it helping much. Surely the mafia isn't going to out themselves and goes for me/Eifie instead; then either we lose a townie and gain no real information, or the doc gets it and we... still don't really get any information, and are left in exactly the same situation tomorrow. At some point we have to actually try to lynch the mafia.

I don't think abstaining is really that productive. It's technically the mechanically correct move but I don't expect the mafia to oblige us by narrowing down the suspect pool, so it'd almost certainly just be dragging things on unnecessarily. And the risk of losing thread momentum by dragging things out is a real thing too; I've seen it almost happen before.

Who do you think is the most likely scum team atm?
It's about 50-50 that we get an alive confirmed innocent out of it, for one. And dragging things out is one thing, but I'm sure the game ending on D2 is the opposite one.

RedneckPhoenix and ILS strike me as the scummiest players, but it's somewhat unlikely that the two of them are a team. Flora is a perfectly plausible scumteammate for either of them. I'm also gently toying with the idea that there might be an RNP/Butterfree team on account of Butterfree's strong reluctance to push against him despite acknowledging that he's been acting scummy, but it doesn't seem particularly likely, least of all before I've probed further.

Naturally, I don't consider the MF/ILS scumteam very likely at all, but discussing that point is largely a waste of my time.

By the way, in case people aren't already thinking it: I don't think Flora/ILS is a possibility anymore. Flora had a chance to very believably vote RNP here and they didn't.
oh yes, I thought it, then entirely forgot about thinking it when rummaging through possibilities, gj me

Oh, I also almost forgot: one advantage if we do abstain is that, if 50-50 lands on our favor, we can clear both the player who gets healed and the one who claims the heal.

Unless, of course, multiple players claim the heal, in which case, this game would suddenly get a lot more interesting.

I feel like MF has been skirting around the edges of the discussion today rather than actively trying to solve. Like, she hasn't been actively going after her scumreads. I think her suggestion we abstain at this point is... really uncharacteristic of her, especially given her comment about it in post #137, though I'm not sure what a scum motivation behind that would be... when she first suggested it, the votes were 2-2 RNP-ILS.

I think I might be a little tunneled on RNP (I tunnel a lot) and trying to force Flora to fit into that team. Hmmm.

I feel like MF has been skirting around the edges of the discussion today rather than actively trying to solve. Like, she hasn't been actively going after her scumreads. I think her suggestion we abstain at this point is... really uncharacteristic of her, especially given her comment about it in post #137, though I'm not sure what a scum motivation behind that would be... when she first suggested it, the votes were 2-2 RNP-ILS.

I think I might be a little tunneled on RNP (I tunnel a lot) and trying to force Flora to fit into that team. Hmmm.
If an unhelpfully non-alignment-indicative explanation is of any service, I've been busy.

Yeah, I agree. Today has not been making me feel better about MF at alll.

If an unhelpfully non-alignment-indicative explanation is of any service, I've been busy.

I'm referring to the content of your posts. Like, I was pretty much clueless on how you're viewing the game until you answered my question about your most likely scumteam. Considering we're in MyLo, that seems a bit of a red flag.

I'm referring to the content of your posts. Like, I was pretty much clueless on how you're viewing the game until you answered my question about your most likely scumteam. Considering we're in MyLo, that seems a bit of a red flag.
It'd be why my posts normally don't have more content up until this point when I'm hawkwatching for someone else trying to quickhammer, at the very least.

(For the record, what I figured when MF initially voted abstain was that she didn't want to seem too eager to save ILS, and that suggesting abstaining was a nice inconspicuous way to avoid his lynch without seeming too desperate. Then she suddenly switched to RNP to tie it again when Flora voted ILS, then started pushing for abstaining again just when you'd started to see my point re MF/ILS.)

(For the record, what I figured when MF initially voted abstain was that she didn't want to seem too eager to save ILS, and that suggesting abstaining was a nice inconspicuous way to avoid his lynch without seeming too desperate. Then she suddenly switched to RNP to tie it again when Flora voted ILS, then started pushing for abstaining again just when you'd started to see my point re MF/ILS.)
so are we mentioning that, in this scenario, attacking redneckphoenix was going to directly win me the game as opposed to dragging it out or

Votes requested in private.

I liek Squirtles (4): RedneckPhoenix (#144), Butterfree (#146), Flora (#160), Eifie (#195)
RedneckPhoenix (2): I liek Squirtles (#136), M&F (#165)

Deadline in 25 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom