• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lucas755 vs. Superbird

That Future Sight was mine. Kirlia used it. Also, their synchronize should have activated, also activating Heracross's Guts. It doesn't matter for that round, but it may in the future. Also, the +2 attack should be neutralized by the haze that's around for three more rounds, right?

I don't think you changed the damage to Neitelo, Heracross still has -19% health.

Anyway, Heracross, use your speed to make some Double Team clones, then spam Megahorn.

Double Team ~ Megahorn ~ Megahorn

Hold on, Neitelo, I'm thinking...Ah, yes! That is perfect, indeed. Let's start out with Skill Swap. Then, let's use Miracle Eye, for whenever the time comes when we'll have to hit through that Double Team. Then, let's use Refresh to heal ourselves. Oh, and if you're confused at any point, push Skill Swap back.

Skill Swap ~ Miracle Eye/Skill Swap ~ Refresh/Skill Swap

*sacrifices Kirlia to the RNG gods*

Bah, what happened to artistic interperetation.
It's fine so long as it does not significantly affect the utility of an attack in most battle situations. Giving haze the power to negate a bunch of stuff it doesn't normally makes it significantly more useful and is therefore a bit beyond artistic interpretation.

2v2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, chills limited to 3/pokemon, Rest, direct healing moves limited to 1/trainer
Arena: Meadow

Big, grassy meadow. Has scattered patches of tall grass. Blue skies, 72°F.

Team Lucas755
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Heracross
(Male)
Ability: Guts
Health: 98%
Energy: 90%
Status: I think I came off somewhat the better in that exchange. Poisoned (2% per round), Guts active.
Commands: Double Team ~ Megahorn ~ Megahorn
Chills: 0/3
Healings: 0/1
Item: Choice Specs

Team Superbird
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Natu
Neitelo (Female)
Ability: Synchronize
Health: 74%
Energy: 74%
Status: I don't like Heracross. Confused (moderate; 50% chance of confusionfail), badly posioned (2% this round, 3% next).
Commands: Skill Swap ~ Miracle Eye / Skill Swap ~ Refresh / Skill Swap

Round 14 Begin!

Heracross is the first to move, opening his wing casing and taking flight, then beginning to dart around in the air, picking up speed and soon becoming a motion blur. When he slows down and moves in to land, there are six identical Heracross following him, mimicking his every move. Neitelo closes her eyes, and a pale pink glow envelops both Pokémon, as well as the Heracross clones. It brightens for several seconds before fading away, and at the end of it, Heracross feels significantly weaker, though he does not know why.

Heracross channels energy into his horn, whick takes on a bright white glow, before charging at Neitelo, his clones following suit. He collides with Neitelo and throws her back, then retreats to his own end of the field. Neitelo tries to retaliate, beginning gathering energy in her eyes; in her dazed state, though, the energy backfires and causes a jolt of pain to run through her.

Once again, Heracross charges at Neitelo with a brightly glowing horn, throwing her back. As she feels a slight discomfort from the poison, Neitelo closes her eyes and glows brightly, the toxins leaving her system - via her beak - as a stream of purple vapor, which dissipates rapidly.

Suddenly, Neitelo sees that she can see almost entirely through the mist, watching Heracross clutching his stomach. She figures it must be due to the poison.

Round 14 End!

Team Lucas755
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Heracross
(Male)
Ability: Guts Synchronize
Health: 96%
Energy: 69%
Attacks Used: Double Team ~ Megahorn ~ Megahorn

Team Superbird
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Natu
Neitelo (Female)
Ability: Synchronize Guts
Health: 38%
Energy: 66%
Status: Hoorah! I'm better! Confused (moderate; 50% chance of confusionfail).
Attacks Used: Skill Swap ~ [confused] ~ Refresh

Damage / Energy Calculations
Double Team - 7% energy
Skill Swap - 4% energy
Megahorn - 16% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 24, needed 75 or above to miss)
Confusionfail - 4% damage (Neitelo)
Megahorn - 16% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 71, needed 75 or above to miss)
Refresh - 4% energy

Notes
- Nothing that I can think of.

Arena Notes
- There are large holes and cracks around where Gorouna once was.
- There are chunks of rock scattered around Heracross.
- There's a large circle around Heracross - about two metres in every direction - of considerably shorter grass where the Magical Leaves tore themselves free.
- There's a circle of charred grass around Heracross, about three metres in every direction.
- There is a thick fog hanging over the field (1 more round).
- There are blobs and drops of Toxic scattered around Neitelo.

Next Round
- Superbird Attacks
- Lucas755 Attacks
- Someone, possibly me, refs

Last edited:
Uh, you forgot to change Damage and Energy amounts.

Also Refresh should totally heal confusion. Hey, at least the more important attacks went through! Thanks, RNG gods!

Non-volatile vs volatile, yes. Or maybe the other way around.

My notepad++ crashed after fixing the damage totals. I forgot to fix that. Fixed now.

I said 'Should', not 'does'. It really ought to.

Okay, Neitelo, you're getting a bit low on health. I suggest we fix that. I want you to use Pain Split as quickly as possible to prevent yourself from fainting, and also to cause some massive damage. Pain Split is a must, so until you've gotten the attack off keep trying to use it. After that, keep Chilling to clear your head of the confusion. Also, that will restore the energy you've lost thus far.

Pain Split ~ Chill/Pain Split ~ Chill/Pain Split

Alright, Heracross. Start with Substitute to stop their Pain Split. As long as you're making a substitute anyway, let's take advantage: make it 20% size. According to their commands, they'll keep trying Pain Split after that, so you can just fire off Megahorns. According to my calculations, we have a 20% chance of winning next round! Cross your... claws.

Substitute (20%) ~ Megahorn ~ Megahorn

By the way, your accuracy rolls for Megahorn should be out of 85, not 75; it has 85% accuracy. And in case this does go into another round, do Double Team and Substitute stack? Like, there are seven substitutes out there, but only one is real?

2v2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, chills limited to 3/pokemon, Rest, direct healing moves limited to 1/trainer
Arena: Meadow

Big, grassy meadow. Has scattered patches of tall grass. Blue skies, 72°F.
Team Lucas755
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Heracross
(Male)
Health: 96%
Energy: 69%
Commands: Substitute (20%) ~ Megahorn ~ Megahorn

Team Superbird
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Natu
Neitelo (Female)
Health: 38%
Energy: 66%
Status: Hoorah! I'm better! Confused (moderate; 50% chance of confusionfail).
Commands: Pain Split ~ Chill / Pain Split ~ Chill / Pain Split

Round 15 Begin!

Heracross moves quickly, his eyes taking on a bright white glow and energy pouring out, forming itself into a Heracross-shape that then assumes the colors of its creator, only its eyes remaining bright, glowing white. Heracross himself swaps places with several clones at random, since the Natu might have seen him and thus known which was the original. It was an unnecessary precaution, though, as Neitelo closes her eyes and casts her mind out over the battlefield, but the Substitute seems to be everywhere - she can't find the original at all.

As before, Heracross moves energy to his horn, charging at Neitelo and knocking her backwards. She flaps her wings indignantly as she rights herself, but overbalances and smacks her head on the ground, squawking in irritation.

Realizing that Neitelo is close to fainting, Heracross charges towards her once again, horn glowing brightly, and knocks her over once more; in trying to get up, she falls over and hits her head yet again, and this time she does not get up.

As his Double Team clones fade and his Substitute dissolves, Heracross notices that the mist has vanished almost completely - a sudden, strong breeze dissolves the last remnants. Both trainers recall their Pokémon and walk over to Squornshellous Beta, who hands them their paychecks. The three congratulate one another before going their seperate ways.

Round 15 End!

Team Lucas755
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Heracross
(Male)
Health: 74%
Energy: 45%
Attacks Used: Substitute (20%) ~ Megahorn ~ Megahorn

Team Superbird
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg

Natu
Neitelo (Female)
Health: 0%
Energy: 63%
Attacks Used: Pain Split ~ Pain Split ~ Pain Split

Damage / Energy Calculations
Substitute - 20% health (Heracross), 10% energy
Pain Split - 3% energy
Megahorn - 16% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 55, needed 80 or above to miss)
Megahorn - 16% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 12, needed 80 or above to miss)

Notes
- The Haze significantly lowers visibility and thus accuracy, and no, they don't stack.
- Since Pain Split didn't work properly, I calculated its energy as I would any other move.

Arena Notes
- There are large holes and cracks around where Gorouna once was.
- There are chunks of rock scattered around Heracross.
- There's a large circle around Heracross - about two metres in every direction - of considerably shorter grass where the Magical Leaves tore themselves free.
- There's a circle of charred grass around Heracross, about three metres in every direction.
- There are blobs and drops of Toxic scattered around Neitelo.

Prizes
Let's see... Lucas755 recieves $16, Superbird recieves $6 and I recieve $12 for the e-reffing plus $5 for 'half of the usual referee prize', and if ever Aethelstan comes back then he can claim the other $5.

Last edited:
Good game, Lucas. Oh, by the way, I added 1 EXP for Gorouna and two EXP for Neitelo in my profile; I trust that's correct?

Yeah, I just remembered this morning that I'd forgotten to add the EXP. I was going to edit it into the post, but I guess that's not necessary.

Back
Top Bottom