• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[CLOSED FOR JUDGING] Halloween Spriting Contest

Kai Lucifer

A traveller on the winds of time
Bland and boring? I think not.

Halloween Spriting Contest
Well, despite the fact that most contests are locked, surskitty said that a halloween~themed sprite contest would be acceptable. In this contest, you may create any pokemon sprite, under the exception that it is halloween-themed. Points will be given out under 3 categories; the quality, originality, and the type of sprite. Don't ask to judge, because I have chosen who I will ask to judge for me. No clearly biased judging will be accepted. There will be a maximum of 20 entries, no more. It's first come, first serve. Also, entries must be received before the 20th October, and judging should be around the end of the month. No reservations will be made, so finish and enter them before the closing date.

Quality:
I hope that most of you already know this. If not, quality is the decency of the sprite, or how it appears. If you enter something with no shading and shaky outlines, It won't get very many points for this. I hope that you already knew that, however.
Max Points: 20

Originality:
How original the sprite is. You don't have to use ghost types, such as Banette or Duskull to do well here. In fact, you would get more points for not doing so. Also, certain things always pop up at Halloween, and it can be interesting to use different pokemon than what would be expected to use there, eg: disguising a. Pikachu as a ghost.
Max points: 50

Type of Sprite:
Simply put, some spriting skills require more work than others, and points will be given out according on which style of spriting you choose. Simple recolours will be accepted, but be prepared to fall low in this category should you choose to do so. Scratching will receive maximum points, as long as it fits the 80X80 restraints.
Max points: 30

Entries:
  1. Shadowstar
  2. Rentura
  3. Bakuphoon
  4. RandomTyphoon
  5. Jewel Espeon
  6. Soaring Phoenix
  7. alonsyalonso
  8. Bluwiikoon
  9. Darksong
  10. Ketsu
  11. Blastoise428
  12. MurrMurr
  13. o_O
  14. ultraviolet
  15. Lucas755
  16. Zulo
  17. Fredie
  18. Neo Galactacus
  19. Empty
  20. Empty

Last edited:
Re: [OPEN] Halloween Spriting Contest

See, this is an example of a non-redundant sprite contest.

I'll enter.

picture.php

Skeleton Articuno=Very hard and annoying.

21j7jut.png

WEREWOLF LUCARIO!!

Might change or edit.

Does it have to be based on or look like a Pokemon, or does it just have to be a sprite?

Werecario is good!*rushes to Random Sprite Generator*

Ooh-hoo-hoo, this looks like fun! -opens paint-

Also, I'm assuming it's one-entry-per-person?

qnnpjq.png

Milotic
Not very good at all, its an old one I had in my files.

P.S you got bland and boring eh? I got generic and boring

I'll enter for this one. I have an unfinished sprite, and I'll post it as soon as I finish!

missingno.gif

I enter Mr. Ingo! Or 'Mblock, Ghost, Dithermon, whatever you wanna call him. :3 Tends to look better in Minimal Dewgong.

Back
Top Bottom