• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Holiday Movies!

spaekle

emotionless and cold as ice
Which one(s) do YOU feel the need to watch every single year? Or do you just find them all incredibly annoying?

You can't beat The Polar Express. You just can't.

Really? I thought the Polar Express was horrifying. It's trying to be enchanting and charming but all its characters look like corpses.

hobo.jpg

Nightmarish. *shudder*

As for Christmas movies I like... The Muppet Christmas Carol brings back memories. I should really start watching it again. =P

Last edited:
This is such a guilty pleasure for me (most people who know me are always really surprised I like it), but I have to watch Love Actually at least once before Christmas. It's awesome :D

Also: Home Alone (the first one), Pikachu's Winter Vacation (shut up) and It's a Wonderful Life.

LOVE ACTUALLY. <333 I love that film. It's just so darn Christmassy and cute.

And my aunt loves The Snowman, so we watch that every year, too. And The Nightmare Before Christmas, which was my favourite film when I was a kid. :3

The old animated The Grinch Who Stole Christmas <3 it's a tradition to watch it in my family :3 the one with real people is creepy though :P

Love Actually for Christmas. I have no other particular holiday movies that I can remember.

Home Alone (the first one), Pikachu's Winter Vacation(shut up) and It's a Wonderful Life.

^^ It is SO cute, isn't it?

Anyways, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. No Christmas (for me, anyways) is complete without this classic

Frost the Snowman is also pretty good, although my little sister watched it so much that it now has a bit of a, "Play it again and I will break that Video Cassette in two!" quality to it x.x

I saw Love Actually not too long ago for the first time. I loved it, but I sort of already knew I would. Needless to say I'm going to watch it again. My dad likes A Christmas Story so we watch that every year. And them there's It's a Wonderful Life...
I actually really like the old animations of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and others like that.

Probably A Christmas Carol, as that's my dad's favourite, and Nightmare Before Christmas, as that's mine and my mom's favourite. XP Then probably something rather un-Christmas-like, like The Crow or something.

Luckily I won't be seeing Miracle on 34th Street. Every year we watch it when I go see my gramps, but we aren't going this year, so I'm saved. *phew*

I loathe the Polar Express. They turned a great book into a really freaky, stupid, and unnessecary movie.

My two favorite Christmas movies are definitely Elf and A Christmas Story.

our family always watches Love Actually and Christmas Vacation at some point during December
both such epic films

and The Snowman if it counts :B

Three words: A Christmas Story.

Also, the classics, like Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Frosty, The (old) Grinch, and such are commonly watched.

Back
Top Bottom