• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Webcomics!

MSPaint Adventures but they finished (and I don't like Homestuck or whatever it is that's on MSPaint Adventures now)

D: It only just started, don't be so quick to judge. And the strife pages are awesome.

Anyways, my favorites are MS Paint Adventures for humor and Gunnerkrigg Court for just telling a good story, but I also read XKCD (of course), Awkward Zombie, Daisy Owl, Moe, and Brawl in the Family.

I also read VG Cats (and Super Effective) and Misfile, though I don't know why. They're rarely humorous and don't have particularly interesting stories. (Well, technically VG Cats doesn't really have a story at all, but whatever.)

Daisy Owl is my favorite, or at least the only one I bother to check weekly.

I guess it's cutesy and kiddy, but it's just so light and carefree. No matter how down I am it always cheers me up. ;u;

I guess one thing I like about it is that the characters are reoccurring and easy to get attached to, but it's not really storyline driven. And alt-text is cool. As are the comments where everybody tries to out-wit the guy before them.

Every now and then though I do browse through some of more popular comics, but they're always so many of them so I normally just wait to see some of the good ones that get passed around so much.

VG Cats is the only one I really read... I guess I just got put off by all those Sonic Sprite comics. I saw way too many of those when I first got into webcomics. -_-

No one mentioned Cyanide and Happiness? It's awesome.

It was mentioned by multiple people.

Uh, I like Khaos Komics. It has it's flaws, but overall it's pretty well written and handles trans issues in a sensitive way. Which is a first. (misfile i'm looking at you)

Alien loves predator. Very funny stuff.

Zebra girl. I have a love hate relationship with this comic. On one hand, the story is interesting and the art is awesome, but on the other hand, it barely updates. This really takes a lot of the punch out of it. Action scenes lose their luster when they're stretched out over months. Still worth going on an archive binge though.

Woo tales. Fucking adorable. However it also never updates. I really should have given up on this, but... adorable.

Dr mcninja. He is a ninja and a doctor. Just look at it if you haven't before.

White ninja. I can't explain this. I just can't. You'll either love it or hate it.

Rice boy. A surreal comic with an interesting drawing style. I can't really explain this one either... it's very dreamlike.

I think that's all. Oh wait, Dinosaur comics too.

EDIT- Oh, forgot to mention. This isn't a webcomic but rather a blog complaining about a webcomic, so I'll throw it out there anyway. XKCD sucks. I'm pretty neutral towards the comic, but for some reason some guy going into way too much detail about a comic strip that probably took five seconds to draw is both oddly funny and mesmerizing. Dude needs to make his own webcomic. I'd read that, hell yeah.

Last edited:
xkcd, Lackadaisy Cats (pinged by mafia), Girl Genius (pinged by steampunk), Slightly Damned (pinged by decent characters and story, dissuaded by art but it's getting better), Order of the Stick, Erfworld, Phoenix Requiem (occasionally), The Meek (fuck yeah), Mokepon....

How come only one person mentioned Brawl in the Family? What's wrong with you people?!!?! Right now they have a PW strip, so go check it out!

Also, Awkward Zombie, VGCats(only occasionally), and SUPER EFFECTIVE.

Mostly Super Effective and Awkward Zombie. Then there's whatever I stumble upon during some random journey through the World Wide Web.

surskitty said:
Lackadaisy Cats (pinged by mafia)

yaaaay someone else who reads it <3
Butterfree said:
I've been meaning to check out Lackadaisy for a while, if only because from those bits of it I've happened to see on fandomsecrets, it is really pretty and has kitties.
The art's really, really good and they're kittens that wear zoot suits in Prohibition era St. Louis.

I've only been following it for a few weeks, but yes <3 Lackadaisy. It's even awesome enough that, even though it updates infrequently, it always updates with multiple pages at one go.

Oh yes, the rest of my list (aside from what I mentioned before: Exterminatus Now, Dandy & Co., VGCats & Super Effective):

Ozy & Millie - It ended, but I'm sure the creator has something up her sleeve.

Raine Dog - Created by the same person who made the above comic.

Faux Pas - Pronounced Fox Paws; the title was intentional.

Sandusky - I'm not sure how I got hooked onto this, but nonetheless I enjoy reading it.

Tails from the Mynarski Forest - The art style just... intrigues me.

Panthera - Looks interesting enough to me, and I'm willing to give this webcomic a chance.

National Dex - It's decent for my taste but I'm not sure about yours.

Romeo - I thought it was gonna be a "Romeo & Juliet" comic featuring the cast as Pokémon at first until I kept reading and finally realized that there was no '& Juliet' in the title. O_O

Moképon - It's... stunning! And that's all I have to say about this one.

These webcomics are what I regularly read whenever they update. Whether they're funny or not is up to you to decide. I read them because I enjoy them.

...okay so I just read the entirety of Lackadaisy and oh god I think it just became one of my favorite things in the world.

Butterfree said:
...okay so I just read the entirety of Lackadaisy and oh god I think it just became one of my favorite things in the world.

eeee who is your favourite character?
I'm torn between Rocky and Viktor.

It's a shame it only updates monthly. You should check out the 'preview comics' in the gallery, there's heaps of little comics in there.

opaltiger said:
I knew I should have stayed away from this thread >:(

what is wrong with my thread? :c

Order of the Stick and xkcd for general awesomeness, El Goonish Shive for bizarre antics, Pebble Version for amusingness. Thaaat's pretty much what I check regularly.

Back
Top Bottom