• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Er, I haven't actually started building the team yet...

Mewtwo

Mage of Blood
Pronoun
she
...but here's what I'm going to build for a Chrome League (EV trained, IV/Nature bred, etc). I just want help with it before I go through the trouble of EV training, etc. I got these movesets, IVs, etc from Smogon =P

Oh. And it's not done. I need help with the other half of the team options. And I don't care if you want me to switch one Pokémon for another, as long as said Pokémon isn't Weavile, since it's the only one I've started. (still breeding for nature ugh)

461weavile.png
(Ice Blade)♂ Jolly

40HP/25Atk/216Spe

Pursuit
Ice Shard
Low Kick
Ice Punch

When I first wanted to build a competitive team, I wanted it to be built around Weavile. Instead, I'm making it a revenge killer, but it still holds a place in my heart, so this is the only one I'm not willing to switch.

134vaporeon.png
(Mirani) ♀ Calm/Bold (I don't know which is better for the set I've picked)

128 HP/252 Def/128 Spe

Baton Pass
Acid Armor
Wish
Surf

This is intended to Baton Pass Acid Armour's defense onto another Pokémon, probably Weavile or another Pokémon to be on this team. It's also to switch out for Wish.

...that's actually all I have right now :sweatdrop: So, um, I need suggestions for the rest of the team, and move suggestions. I'm going for a semi-balanced team, with a good type-coverage. Don't give me Ubers, or anything banned in the TCoD Wi-Fi ban list.

Last edited:
Maybe a fighting type with Endure, Reversal, A Salac Berry, and two filler moves, EV trained in Attack and Speed? I find that this one can be quite usefull in a tight spot. (providing you're not facing a ghost type.)

I just realized;

I looked in my great big book of Pokémon (says everything you can do in Diamond/Pearl) And... Low Kick isn't on there! It is a version-exclusive (Platinum or HG/SS)?

And RTB, that sounds like a nice option; I'll look into that.

Yes, Low Kick is exclusive to HG/SS, available by BP move tutor. And it is very annoying when Karen's Weavile uses it on your Aggron. Argh. Also, More Ideas:

Togekiss with Sky Attack, Air Slash, Zen Headbutt, and Thunder Wave. Serene Grace as an ability, with a King's Rock. I (think) that Sky Attack, Air Slash and Zen Headbutt have around an 75-80% chance of making the opponent flinch. EV trained in Attack and Speed.

Absol with Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Detect and a status/support move, Ability Super Luck, with a Razor Claw. High chance for a critical hit, EV trained in Attack and Speed.

That's all I got for now.

Why would you use Sky Attack on Togekiss, ever? Sky Attack is a horrible move and Togekiss has horrible ATK. Thunder Wave or Nasty Plot for 4th slot on Togekiss, p. much always.

Also remember that Endure + Reversal will fail if either player has a Tyranitar.

Hmm, both sound good; Togekiss would actually give me more type coverage, as Weavile is Dark/Ice and Absol is Dark.

Why would you use Sky Attack on Togekiss, ever? Sky Attack is a horrible move and Togekiss has horrible ATK. Thunder Wave or Nasty Plot for 4th slot on Togekiss, p. much always.

Also remember that Endure + Reversal will fail if either player has a Tyranitar.

or obama! (also anything that relies on being at low hp without a sub dies instantly to the most popular pokémon in the metagame.)

Hmm, both sound good; Togekiss would actually give me more type coverage, as Weavile is Dark/Ice and Absol is Dark.

on sweepers, priority is to get near-perfect coverage + popular fringe cases. STAB really doesn't matter much unless they help get coverage, or you have extra space.

Back
Top Bottom