• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Legends of the Elemental Ones

As Blake ran down the corridor after Andrew he felt a small snap in his head. The snap he always felt when something died nearby. He stumbled and fell to the ground. After a few seconds he opened his eyes and saw Goodwin staring at his fallen Magnazone. After pushing himself up he forced himself to run again in the direction Andrew went. After he rounded a corner he saw the Metagross about to attack Andrew. He reached for his belt but found all his pokemon were already out. "Guess this is going the hard way." He ran forward and jumped onto the back of the pokemon hoping to throw it off balance.

------------------------------

Jade watched her trainer run off after the boy, she turned her attention back to the battle at hand, Sable and Fantom had thrown up a protect around themselves to reflect the oncoming attacks, Suddenly there was a bright flash and fire enveloped the young girl Blake had described as the psychic elemental.

------------------------------------------

Arctica and Volts managed to evade most of the agents' pokemons' attacks but when they looked around the dragonite had vanished, "So... did we win?" Volts looked over to Arctica hopefully, he had evolved young so she couldn't blame him.
"Far from it, Volt".

-----------------------------------------

As Zack rounded a corner he saw the ice elemental laying on the floor as Goodwin's Metagross attacked him. Zack turned to his left and continued to run but when he didn't hear Blade's echoing foot falls he stopped and turned back. Blade had stopped where he had stood a moment ago and was staring with a puzzled look at the Metagross, Zack followed his gaze and it took him a second to understand what he was seeing.

Last edited:
Franklin stood at the door, looking all around for a sign of Lycis. At one point he saw Blake and Eltanin fly above and onto the roof, and only a few seconds later the alarm went off. "BweeEEEEeeeeEEEEEeeeEEEEeeeee BweeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeee," it repeated the sound over and over again. Great, Franklin thought, they set off the alarm. However, he remained at his post. His prime objective was to catch Lycis, and he would let the situation solve itself otherwise. After what seemed like hours, though, he decided enough was enough. It was time to see what was going on.

As he turned around and entered the doors, Franklin did a double take. The entire building looked like it had been torn apart. Well, it had, he reasoned. He looked around to survey the damage and noticed something odd: The door to the basement, which was supposed to be closed and locked at all times, was swinging wide open. Naturally, he headed down.

As Franklin neared the bottom of the staircase, he heard a loud noise off to his left, deciding that must be where the action was. He recognized the sound as coming from Goodwin's lab. When he reached the battlefield, he turned and shouted to Goodwin. "I'm here, boss!" he said cheerfully, calling out all of his Pokemon. This is it. No turning back.

"Electro, go block that thunderbolt!" He gestured to Gary, hoping this seeming act of allegiance would give him the element of surprise in what was to come next. "Fatty, give Lycis some of your milk to heal her, she looks badly hurt. Cerburus, take care of that Metagross. Blatal," he said as he pointed to Goodwin, "Bullet Punch."

Last edited:
Washington loomed over Andrew, who was still shocked at Lycis' intervention. The Metagross growled something that Andrew could not understand; most likely some sort of final threat.

So be it. I've failed everyone. My family, Ellie, the other Elementals...

and now Lycis.

Just before the fatal blow would be struck, Blake jumped on top of Washington, throwing off his attention. Moments after, Franklin burst into the room, and his Houndoom also charged at Washington. This attack on both sides provided Andrew with all the time he needed to run over to Lycis.

Franklin's Miltank arrived to help as well, but one look at Lycis, and Andrew's heart practically stopped then and there.

Washington's Bullet Punch had struck her right in the head, and had thrown her into the wall headfirst. He couldn't bear to look at the imprint the attack had made into her head, but he forced himself to.

"Lycis? Can you hear me?"

The Weavile looked weakly up at Andrew. "Can you.... hear me?"

Andrew, despaired, looked at Lycis. After everything, he couldn't understand a word she was saying. After all that had happened...

"Lycis, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have given my abilities up. I... I was selfish."

"No, I was... selfish. I thought that... you wouldn't be... able to survive... without me. I thought that... they would kill you. I guess... I shouldn't-"

"Lycis, please hang on. There's still time. We can heal you. We-"

The Weavile raised her arm to stop Andrew. Andrew looked at Lycis, and it seemed that, despite what he'd been through, despite losing this power...

He could still understand her.

"No. I... have only been.... a hindrance. I tried... to protect... you... and this... is the result. All of... my help... has caused you pain... it's enough....

Her hand dropped

""I'll... be... fine... knowing.... that..... you......."

"Lycis? Lycis?"

The eyes of Lycis the Weavile began to close.

"No, no. Lycis, you were never a hindrance. You helped me survive without a family. You, Eltanin, Volantis, Ankaa, Kalhai, and Canopus! All of you..."

There was no response. Lycis was dead.
----
Things were, to say the least, out of control.

Washington was being double-teamed by another Elemental, and - of all things - Franklin's Houndoom, and CT's attack had been cut off by his Ampharos.

This, explains oh so much. I should have investigated him my-

By the time he heard CT's warning screech, the Scizor had already struck him with a Bullet Punch. Goodwin was blasted back, and hit the wall that he had just pried a section off of.

Needless to say, CT took this badly. She gathered several Thunderbolts around her, and sent them all at the Scizor. Oregon, meanwhile, had gone to assist Washington, who was sending wave after psychokinetic wave at the Elemental in an attempt to shake him off, but was less than defended against the Houndoom.

Oregon chose to rectify this by sending a Stone Edge right at the Houndoom. As this happened, Delaware and Arizona entered the room.
----
The Yanmega and Clefable arrived just as Oregon's Stone Edge was launched at the Houndoom. From what they saw, Master Goodwin was being defended by CT, Washington and Oregon were holding their own against two enemies, and Iowa...

"Iowa's dead?!" Delaware said, shocked, "I thought he was one of our strongest. I thought he-"

"Delaware, we need to help Master Goodwin" Arizona said sharply. At Delaware's saddened look, he added, softer, There is a time and place for mourning fallen comrades. Now is not the time. Now is the time to make sure that Washington, CT, and Oregon don't go the same way. You help Master Goodwin. I'll take an Elemental."

Delaware nodded, slowly, and then readied another Fire Punch. without a moment's hesitation, she charged at the Scizor, and threw the burning punch at the insect.
----
Goodwin knew that he needed to take advantage of this chance to attempt to drain the powers of an Elemental. Any of them. Now would not be the time to choose meticulously. he just knew that he could fire at the one Washington and Oregon were fighting, on account of his two pokemon in the way.

He looked around the room, until he saw a perfect target. This would hopefully take one more out of the equation.

Aiming the dart gun at the Elemental, he fired.

Last edited:
Blake felt yet another snap in his head as something else died, this misbalance threw Blake off guard and he was thrown against the wall. As his vision blurred he saw a figure run over from the doorway. AS his vision finally faded to black he knew there would be problems from the illusions.

-----------------------------------

Arctica and Volt raced through the hallways and down towards the basement. They sped into the room just in time to see Blake thrown against the wall and someone run over from the other doorway. Arctica began to move closer but when she saw who had run over she stopped in her tracks.

-----------------------------

Jade spun around as she heard a thud, Blake had been thrown off of the Metagross and was lying on the ground. Due to the confusion of the battle she didn't notice the blob that formed into a Tyrannitar nearby. It let out a silent roar and swung at her only to have its claw go straight through her and dissipate. She turned as the claw passed by her face. I guess Blake is unconscious then.

---------------------------

Zack had watched the elemental thrown off of the Metagross and had run to his side without even thinking. He moved the teenagers head from the wall, there was no bleeding but he was doubtlessly unconscious. He grabbed the elemental and dragged him through the doorway and lay him down outside the room, "Blade, stay here. Guard him for now, I'm going to go in and help..." He rubbed his temples. He wanted to help the elementals but he had to be loyal to Goodwin. He sighed and sat down next to the body, "Not anything I can do now. Can't help either side without betraying someone. might as well stay here."

Eltanin saw Goodwin aim and fire the dart, and by the time it had gone halfway to Hilao, the Dragonite had knocked it out of the air with Dragon Pulse.

It wasn't enough, though. It wasn't enough to satisfy this vengeful urge. Lycis was dead. Dead and gone. And Eltanin had not been fast enough to save her.

He looked up at Goodwin, whose Clefable had just gone and launched a Fire Punch at the Scizor that was attacking him. The Starmie had also launched a Thunderbolt at the insect; it really seemed that Goodwin had all of the angles planned.

Not all of them.

Calling Dragonic energy to his claws, Eltanin charged at Goodwin, who had just enough time to see what was happening and duck before the claws would have killed him. Instead, they struck the metal wall.

"You are that boy's Dragonite, correct? That would mean that the Weavile was your comrade."

"Her name was Lycis," Eltanin snarled, forgetting that Goodwin couldn't understand him, "and his name is Andrew. At least do the courtesy of referring to your enemies by name, Goodwin."

"And, doubtlessly, you want to avenge your fallen comrade by taking my life, even though it would serve no real purpose in the grand scheme of things. All it would do is cause chaos in the entire region. To not have accepted your defeat at this point is sheer ignorance. At least the boy was smart enough to understand that, even if it led him to taking a coward's path."

"Don't you ever shut your mouth?!" Eltanin roared, slamming Goodwin with his tail. The man hit the wall behind him, and it was clear that the wind had been knocked out of him. Eltanin fired up another Dragon Claw, and held it to Goodwin's throat.

"What I will be accomplishing is that I'll make sure that the Elementals won't have to suffer from you ever again."

Goodwin was now recovering, and after a moment's thought, placed both of his hands against the metal wall.

"Fine, you've got me. I know when I've been beaten, Dragonite."

Having seen this, Eltanin lowered his claws for a mere second.

That was the biggest mistake Eltanin ever made in his life.
----
For Goodwin, the situation was looking bleaker and bleaker.

The Dragonite had destroyed his first hypo, Blake had seemingly turned traitor by helping the Elemental that was fighting Washington, and Arizona was hovering tentatively around the flames that had engulfed the Psychic Elemental. He couldn't even see Jack in the chaos that had ensued.

And now, the Dragonite had him at clawpoint against a wall; a wall that featured the same steel panels, except these were marked with a red trim

And when this room was designed, the red-trim walls were meant to house...

It's risky, but I have no other choice. It isn't necessary to drain them of their powers immediately, and I still have the formula for the substance that would accomplish this, so...

He lightly placed his hands against the walls, palm-first, and said, "Fine, you've got me. I know when I've been beaten, Dragonite."

Having heard this, the Dragonite lowered the Dragon Claw from Goodwin's throat. That was the opening he'd been waiting for.

"And it's not now!"

Goodwin then pressed both of his palms into the red marks. As this happened, Arizona recognized what was going on, and shot forward, grabbing Goodwin off the ground before Eltanin could realize what he was doing. At the same time, Goodwin recalled Oregon and Delaware, and CT and Washington shot away from their respective battles and hovered above the floor.

The moment Goodwin had pressed both of his palms into the wall, a built-in scanner analyzed Goodwin's entire palm and acknowledged it as him. Had anyone else pressed their palms into the red marks, nothing would have happened, but once it was recognized as Goodwin's DNA, the entire room - no, the entire underground area began to glow a warning red. In particular, the floor of the underground was now turning crimson.
----
Andrew stared down at the fallen Lycis, hollow.

It didn't matter if he survived or not. Even if he had become a normal human again, his powers were gone from him. Forever. There was nothing more that he could do to help the others, since Ellie had most of his other pokemon, and she was engulfed in fire.

He didn't care that Washington was even now approaching him with a Bullet Punch readied. He barely looked up.

Kill me, he thought, then at least I'll be able to see Lycis again...

He waited for the blow, but it never happened. He looked up, hesitantly, and now everything was red, and the Metagross was flying back to Goodwin, who also had his Starmie floating nearby, and was carried by his Yanmega. The Clefable and Tyranitar were nowhere to be seen.

And why is everything... red?

Eltanin looked confused, and then the horror of what was about to happen dawned on him. He flew at Andrew, grabbed him and began to fly out of the room.

He barely made it out of the lab before the trap was set off, and the floor emitted a burst of energy that would knock out anyone in contact with it.

Last edited:
((The sequel actually begins with new characters, as it's set about a century or so into the future.))

Ellie, even through the flanes, saw her last sight; the room turning red, redder than the flames. This is it... she thought. Humans are going to lose contact with Pokémon... Pokémon will retreat into hiding, and it will be all Goodwin's fault. She slowly began to lose consciousness, her last memory being Jacob screaming her name.

Franklin looked around the room, he noticed a red glow. Acting quickly, he recalled all of his Pokemon and ran for the exit. However, he wasn't in time. He suddenly collapsed on the ground, a pulse of energy racking his body. Well, this is it, he thought as he was engulfed by the flames.

~~~

Jack stood by passively throughout the entire ordeal, unable to help without any Pokemon. He was finally jolted out of his trance when he noticed that the room was glowing a faint red, but it was too late. There was nothing to do as the pulse of energy knocked him down and disabled him. "After all this," he whispered, "I get betrayed by Goodwin. I should have seen it coming."

Last edited:
Hilao sighed a sigh of relief when Andrew's Dragonite stopped the needle. Suddenly, his feet began to warm up. "Ooh, this can't be-" His Pokémon screamed in pain. Tropius, who had just been hit by a Fire Blast, ploughed into the ground and fainted. Hilao fell to his knees, barely able to speak. "You'll get yours, Goodwin!" He yelled, before collapsing onto the ground.

Zack sat still by the Elemental who he had decided to stay here and protect, Suddenly the boy opened his eyes and looked up at him, a confused look flitted across his face before a red light glowed from the next room. "Oh no..." Zack Grabbed Blake and attempted to haul him to his feet but he was too late, pain shot up through his body and he collapsed to the ground and lost consciousness.

---------------------------------------

Blake barely had time after the light had turned on to begin to levitate. Pain shot threough his body and the agent who had helped him collapsed to the ground and lay there writhing. Blake was unable to move but atleast he was conscious. he looked around; his friends had fallen to the ground as had the Agents in the room, Ellie remained laying on the gorund and from where he was he could not see Hilao. "This is not good" Arctica and Fantom floated towards him, "We aren't touching the ground so we aren't feeling the full effects but even pokemon cannot last forever." Blake nodded and looked at Volt, Sable and Jade, each had fallen to the ground.
"Who's that behind you?" Fantom peered past Blake at the fallen Agent, "And why does he look so much like you?".
Blake turned and looked at the body, "I- I think he is my brother, why else would he help me?" Suddenly a wave of pain ran through his body and he collapsed to the ground, "Help... the others".

((Yeah, same actually... :( ))

Hailey smiled, waiting for a good battle. Lucille, however, was not looking for a battle as she was in a huge hurry. Illiamna stepped forward, baring her teeth, also ready for a fight. "Stand down Illi," Lucille spoke. The Vaporeon was confused, but knew she had to trust her trainer and did as she said. Hailey looked somewhat miffed. "What are you doing, girl?"

Lucille just looked ahead and simply said, "This." As she did, a wave of water was released from her body, aiming straight for Hailey. Hailey felt the strong current hit her body, and she couldn't stand her ground. The strength of the water was too much and she ended up falling back, hitting her head against the floor. For a moment, Lucille wanted to rush over to the woman to see if she was alright, but she was too focused on the thought of the others. "Illiamna, I need you to do something important for me," she started as she started placing each of her Pokeballs next to the Vaporeon, "I need you to stay here. I'll only be gone for a moment."

"No! I'm going with you!" Illiamna objected. Lucille's emotions were clear through her expression . "Please. I know how protective you are over me, but I think I should do this alone. Just this one thing, and I don't want to risk you getting hurt," she explained, trying to smile. All the Vaporeon could do was nod.

With that, Lucille rushed down towards the underground area. She didn't really know where she was going, but she heard a commotion in one room, so she rushed in. Unfortunately for her, right as she went in, there was red everywhere. An incredible pain shot through her body, and she fell to the floor. Before she fell into unconsciousness, she looked at Franklin. I wish I could've told him how I felt...

Epilogue: One Week Later

David Goodwin, head of the Government, leader of Sinnoh, slowly walked up to the podium in front of his Headquarters. It was a clear, warm day, with only a light breeze every now again. Virtually every citizen in Hearthome was standing in front of him in anticipation, as this was a speech that would be broadcast all around the region.

At his side, Washington stood, proud of what his master had accomplished, even though it had come at the cost of Iowa's life. Delaware, meanwhile stood attentive on Goodwin's Left Side.

Goodwin took a deep breath, and began to speak:

"Seven Days ago, our building was attacked by a sect of beings... of humans known as Elementals; they were humans that had Pokemon powers. We had captured one of their number during the attack on the Church eight days ago, and this was their attempt to free that one."

This statement was met with a burst of chatter from the crowd.

"Mr. Goodwin, was the attack on the Church necessary?"

"Mr. Goodwin, is it true that you were torturing this Elemental?"

Goodwin raised a hand to call for quiet. "What I was doing was what the public had considered to be necessary, and was in accordance with the Law. The more I learned about these Elementals, the better we could be against them in the future."

This only raised more questions from the crowd.

"What of the attack itself?"

"How many casualties?"

Goodwin paused. "One of the Elementals was killed in the attempt to rescue the one we had captured, and not only an Elemental's pokemon, but also my Magnezone, perished in a battle the resulted from the break-in. Furthermore, three of our agents lost their lives when the Elementals broke into the building."

As this caused an outburst of nearly inaudible questions, Goodwin took time to reflect that this was not completely true. After Gary, Zack, and Franklin had turned traitor, Goodwin had them imprisoned deep underneath the main building, where they would spend the rest of their lives. Jack, meanwhile, had refused to listen to Goodwin's explanations later that what he was doing was for the sole purpose of beating the Elementals, and had quit, but not before at least guaranteeing that he would never tell a soul about what had transpired in the lab, an order that Goodwin had placed on every single one of his employees.

"Mr. Goodwin, if I might, what do you plan to do now that these... Elementals have made an open attack against you?"

Goodwin paused to think over the best response to this question.

"When they made their attack, most of the Elementals had grouped themselves together. I was able to subdue them after some time, and I plan to have them executed."

Again, the outburst of questions became inaudible, and again, Goodwin knew that this wasn't true.

After he had knocked out the Elementals, he had proceeded to administer the serum that would rob them of their abilities over the course of the days following the attack. After all of the had been given the serum, he had them imprisoned underneath the headquarters, much like Gary and Franklin.

"You said, 'most,' Mr. Goodwin. What of the ones that weren't in this 'group?'"

Goodwin was ready for this one. "Several of the Elementals had split off during the attack, and following the subduing of the 'main group,' I found that one of our agents had captured those that had split off."

The agent in question was Haley Matthews, who Goodwin had promoted after she had told him of her near capture of the Water Elemental. The Water Elemental had gone under the same procedure that the Ice... no, that Andrew had gone under before having her powers taken away, and it was through this that Goodwin learned that she was partially responsible for Franklin's betrayal. Goodwin had thought it only appropriate to force Franklin to watch as she had her powers forcibly removed from her.

"Mr. Goodwin? If you have the Elemental problem dealt with, as you say, do you plan on revoking the Laws regarding them?"

Goodwin paused, yet again. "Not immediately. There may be a few stragglers that never joined the group that made the attack, so I plan to keep the Law in effect for at least a month longer. After that, who knows? The need for them may rise yet again."

Goodwin knew that there was that chance.

He had not been able to find Andrew or the Dragonite following the activation of the knockout device. Arizona, CT and some of his finest employees had scoured the cities, and the region itself for the past six days. Goodwin had attempted to learn of his possible location from the other Elementals, but with no success. In one way, it didn't matter, seeing as he had drained the boy of his power, but there was always that nagging doubt regarding the Weavile shattering the syringe before it could completely empty its contents.

"Mr. Goodwin, what do you have planned for the region now that these Elementals have been dealt with?"

"What do I have planned? I suppose I plan to do what I have always intended: improve the conditions of the region of Sinnoh for every human and pokemon that calls it home, and does not intend to threaten it."

"...then how could you be sure that these Elementals were a threat?"

Goodwin took several moments to think this over. Very bold of this reporter to ask such a question.

"I saw them as a threat because their presence, no, their concept was spreading fear and paranoia throughout the region. I created those laws to alleviate that fear, and when they failed to do so, I began to personally find them so that the citizens of the Sinnoh region would no longer fear humans that had the abilities of pokemon. As I have said, I am no more than a man that desires peace, order, and prosperity for Sinnoh. And being no more than human is what many - and I am not afraid to include myself in this group - belive that this is all humans should be."

The matter of the Elemental's pokemon was a relatively simple problem. Once the Elementals were imprisoned, Goodwin had shattered the buttons to the pokeballs and stored all of them where they wouldn't be found. This was something he did not want to do, but believed that if they did go free, they could cause chaos for him again, one day in his future.

"From here, I will continue to strive for a peaceful, orderly, and prosperous region, and one day, hopefully soon, that dream will be achieved."

The crowd burst into applause at this statement.
----
In Canalave City, Andrew Demak was sitting inconspicuously at a table at an cafe, watching Goodwin speak, just as countless others were.

When the leader of Sinnoh made the statement about wanting peace for Sinnoh, Andrew grunted in disgust and walked away, Eltanin flying loyally by his side.

Since that day where Lycis died, Andrew had done very little but run and hide. The first thing he had done following his escape was to go to the same snowbound cave that he had discovered his powers in, and bury Lycis. He had marked the spot with a simple cross, which, as far as he was concerned, was far less than Lycis deserved.

After that, he had simply stayed one step ahead of what he even remotely suspected were Government agents. He and Eltanin were constantly on the move, never knowing if they would enter a building and be recognized as the fugitive Elemental and his Dragonite. Their one advantage was that Goodwin had apparently not told law enforcement of his escape, so there was not a single Wanted poster of him in the region. Apparently, Goodwin wanted to keep the escape a complete secret.

But one thing that Andrew made sure to do was to avoid his family. He could never face them, knowing that he had abandoned all of the Elementals - all of his friends - to the same fate he had tried to protect them from.

And now, they were in Canalave, now sitting by the sea with his Dragonite. For nearly an hour, they just sat and looked at the waves lap against the canal walls.

"You know what I realized, Eltanin?"

The Dragonite turned to Andrew, who hadn't spoken at all during this hour.

"When Goodwin was forcing me to relive the night I was forced away from home, the word that I always thought of was 'monster.' No matter what happened, I would always have that word emphasized, as if to constantly remind me that's what I am... or that's what Goodwin saw me as. But you know what I've realized? That once you've heard the word monster enough times, you begin to realize what people really see it as meaning: something strange, unfamiliar, and frightening. When I had that power, that was all I could see myself as, which is why I was so desperate to be rid of it, a desperation that put me under mental and physical torture. I didn't want anything else sans having the power taken away from me, so i could go back to being normal. But... but after I finally got what I wanted, and so soon after reliving that night, I learned this: having that power did not make me a monster. It didn't make me a pokemon, either. It made me human. Not some hybrid of human and pokemon; I was still human. It's something that only now I realize was what mattered. Goodwin was always calling me an undeserving creature, or some other hideous title, but only now do I realize that this power was one of the things that allowed me to be human; having that power helped make me what I am."

He turned his gaze to the sky. "I just wish I could have realized that sooner. If I had... Lycis would still be around, as would the others."

Eltanin solemnly nodded his head in agreement.

"Now then, Eltanin, we need to get going."

Eltanin grunted something that Andrew took to mean as "Where?"

"Eltanin, we need to fly to another region. Even considering what I said, the longer I stay here, the better the chance there is of me being found by Goodwin. I think that... if we can go to another region - Isshu, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, I'll even go with Orre if I have to - I can start a life without hiding in fear."

The Dragonite snorted in agreement, and bent down so his trainer could climb aboard.

"Farewell, Sinnoh."

Eltanin took to the skies with Andrew on board, leaving Sinnoh behind.

Forever.
----
Deep below the Government building, Arizona flitted about as he guarded a prison cell along with some of Goodwin's top agents.

Inside this cell were all of the Elementals, now drained of all their powers and chained down. After the attack, Arizona had volunteered (as best he could) to guard the cell himself.

After Iowa's death, the Yanmega felt that this was the best way he could to commemorate the Magnezone.

The Elementals themselves were completely silent, something that pleased Arizona to no end. Sure, they had been either defiant or hopeful of rescue within the first few days, but as they lost their powers, one by one, their resistance seemed to fade as well. Maybe it was the knowledge that they had been completely cornered that had made the Elementals resigned themselves to their fate, maybe it was something else entirely. Arizona neither knew nor cared.

His thoughts briefly shifted to his comrades. Delaware had forced Goodwin to make her his second bodyguard, thinking that Washington could protect him even better when he had help (she might not have been wrong in thinking this,) CT was mostly in the labs nowadays, organizing information that Goodwin had gained before and after the attack.

And Oregon? The Tyranitar was now completely immersed in training. CT always told Arizona that whenever she went to the training room, Oregon was inevitably there. Though Oregon said this was because he wanted to personally be the one that kills the next threat as opposed to a machine, all of Goodwin's pokemon knew that the Tyranitar wanted to make sure that no more of Goodwin's pokemon would be killed.

None of them would admit as much, of course.

Arizona hovered in front of the imprisoned Elementals. He would guard them for as long as was necessary, unless Master Goodwin needed him to do otherwise.

He had to.

For the sake of Master Goodwin, and to honor the late Iowa.
----
After the interview and speech had concluded, Goodwin returned to his office, and was silent for a very long time.

After nearly two hours of looking through papers, he turned his gaze to out the window, where he could see nearly all of Hearthome. Trainers did battles, people conversed in the streets, and near the Contest Hall, Coordinators readied their pokemon for Contests.

And in a distant corner of the city, one that Goodwin could barely see, and Espeon and Eevee walked silently through the streets, side-by-side as if they were friends.

Perhaps they were.

"It is order, Washington," Goodwin said, even though his Metagross hadn't said anything, "Peace, order, prosperity, they are the only things I ever wanted in the long run. For now, at least, we appear to have reached this point. I do hope that we can keep it for as long as possible.

"For the people of Sinnoh, and yes, to Iowa as well, we need to keep the peace, maintain the order, and preserve our prosperity. For the good of man and pokemon.

"For the sake of Sinnoh itself."
----
"Trainers everywhere were surprised to learn that many of the pokemon on Iron Island have vanished completely. This is completely unprecedented, and those that visit Iron Island frequently hope to find out the cause of such a disappearance.

That's all the news for today. This is Caitlin Demak, signing off.
"

The End.

Last edited:
((Did someone say Sequel?!? Sweet!

I really liked that, because for a very long time, I tohought it would end like most RPs, with a nice happy ending and all the characters part peacfully and live happily ever after blah blah blah. It was a nice change of pace))

((Oh my. I cannot tell you how amazing the ending was. :] Even though it's pretty sad, it's great because of, like Cheatmaster said, the unhappily ever after.

I can't wait until the sequel, but I don't think I'll be able to have a descendant of Lucille, only a descendant of Hailey.))

((I didn't think any of the elementals would have decendants. Most of them are in teens, and probably not married, so...))

((They're actually all in teens. Now lets move the sequel discussion to the OOC thread, as I am still kinda planning it. I can't have any decendants, because Gary got killed, and Ellie as well.))

((Double post, but this will be the last post of this thread. It describes the transformation from and Elemental to a Pokémon.))

Ellie opened her eyes. "Wha...?" She was floating in... well, limbo was the only word able to describe it.

"Hello, young Ellie. We have been waiting."

"Who...?" was all she asked before, one by one, the legendaries began appearing in front of her, Arceus in the dead center.

"As Jacob told you, once an Elemental dies, it becomes a Pokémon. However, it is a Pokémon based upon your personality. You seem to be a loner; an Absol would fit you best."

"But... but I... love Jacob. I know Absols are in the breeding group of Espeons, but... I would like to be an Eeveelution, just to be more... similar, I guess."

"Very well, young Ellie. I will deem your wish and make you a little Eevee. You must grow up, with Jacob as the father figure, until you evolve; then you may be in a relationship."

"And one more thing, Arceus?"

"Yes, Ellie?"

"Can you... make it so the other Elementals may choose what Pokémon they are? I'm sure they have type preferences, and-"

"Yes, I understand. I will make it so. From this day forth, all Elementals shall choose their own Pokémon, their own new body, and their own destiny, which is based upon which Pokémon they choose. Any oppose, speak now." There was silence. "Okay, I decree this rule officially set. Ellie, you must return, though usually in the same spot. Since you dies in flames, and the flames are still going on, we will place you just out of harm's way. Go now, reunite with your soulmate." She could feel her body getting smaller, her bones rearranging to fin that of a young, fluffy Eevee. Whe she opened her eyes next, chaos was still amok. "Jacob." she said. "Time to go." It felt strange not telepathically communicating with him, but he nodded, and they took off, only to be seen again by the next Elementals.

Back
Top Bottom