• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Another

Constance flinched a little as she noticed that some of the boulders began levitating. Now all her focus was on those boulders. She didn't think that the wizard man would be totally helpless in this situation, and a small grin crept across her face at the thought of him somehow bursting through. When she heard more rumbling noises, she had thought that she was right, but as the flaming cat looked around, she noticed that the boulders were tumbling toward them purposefully. So either the wizard man was trying to kill them, or there was another rock slide. Great. What could she do now? The boulders were all coming toward them from both sides, so there wasn't any visible escape, and it didn't look like any of these humans-turned-Pokémon (or Pokémon disguised as humans) were large enough to stop them.

The fiery felid glanced around frantically, seeing that most of the Pokémon had escaped the first rock slide. Now a couple of them were trying to stop the boulders. One fired some sort of icy attack that seemed to make the boulders brittle, and eventually stopped their movement. There was another Pokémon that Constance hadn't really paid attention to, a grassy-looking one with large leaves on his head, which was somehow making a small sprout grow out of the ground. Despite this, the Pokémon looked frustrated. Shrugging to herself, Constance turned away, only to see that the boulders were practically on top of them. Fear pushed her to think quickly, and mindlessly, she charged at one of the boulders with flames suddenly whirling around her body. It was coming straight toward her... so far, her plan was working. She met the boulder head on, her red-orange eyes narrowed, and this was where she was really surprised that her plan was working. Instead of being squashed by the boulder, the boulder stopped moving with the impact of her speedy attack and the flames surrounding her, and its path was redirected. The boulder rolled harmlessly to the side until it stopped, somehow heated up.

Constance blinked. She hadn't expected that. But using that much force with a body that wasn't used to it had tired her out, even in that one attack, and as she panted, she hoped desperately that someone would be able to stop whatever rocks were still rolling toward them.

One short rumble later, the rocks burst through the ice, their weight too much for the Blizzard attack. Angel had been focusing on the wall and had succeeded in levitating a few of her own with... some sort of weird energy... Psychic power? She didn't know, but--

CRASH!!

In a massive torrent of stone and earth, the rock-slide crashed in around them, threatening to bury them alive. Angel panicked, her boulders dropping to the ground as well, shaking even more earth loose from the cliffs above.

And soon the Anothers would feel a lightness, as if they were lifting away from the disaster...

And blankness.

Only for a second, however, as the next thing Angel would see is what appeared to be the opposite end of the wall of stone, and the wizard man standing exhausted in front of it.

"Thank heavens for whomever froze the landslide, it gave me enough time to prepare the spell, I couldn't have gotten you out of there if they hadn't-" he fell to his knees, trying to regain his breath.

"...Who froze the landslide?" Steven asked, "Ice snake girl? Whatever your name is. Thanks."

Steven's face lit up.

"After we get out of this trecherous area, I suggest we do introductions." he said, gazing at the wizard, "Agreed?"

He glanced the wizard over.

"I suggest we find a safe resting place for you to recover." he muttered

"Wh..Wh..What?" Crystal stammered as she looked at the landslide,"I..I..I did that?"

A few minutes ago she was human, now she was this. But she could use ice, how that was illogical. This made her head hurt, but the other one was right, we should go somewher safer.

"Wizard, do you know of any safe place for us to lie low," Crystal asked him, he seemed exaughted," We all need to relax."

Constance's eyes widened considerably as she saw that the rocks were on top of them now. They were crashing down, invading her vision, and the fiery cat squeezed her eyes shut and prepared for the pain. Except... it never came. Instead, she felt a weird lightheadedness, like she was floating... and her vision was blank. Was she dead? Perhaps a rock had crushed her skull and she hadn't felt it because it was so quick. How she hoped that she wasn't dead...

But then she found herself lying down on the ground, and she could see properly again. The first thing that came to her mind was, Yes! I'm not dead! She looked up, and tried to stand. Thankfully, she succeeded, and found that there was no pain in her limbs. She flicked her ears, getting some of the dust off, and looked up. There was the wizard man. And she could see some of the other Pokémon get up as well. Bazdir the wizard man began to talk, and thanked the one who had frozen the boulders. Constance stiffened, her ears pricked. Just the ice serpent? She had done something too, hadn't she? The wizard man fell down onto his knees, but Constance was still angry. She could hear the others talking about resting, but Constance still stood, glancing around at them.

Suddenly she felt a pain in her legs, and cringed, glancing around at the others. The effort she had put into the flaming tackle-type technique was a lot, especially since she had to move a boulder, and without saying anything, she silently agreed with the idea of resting.

Uisce immediately froze as the second rock slide activated itself. He thought that such a thing was strange; it was as if the rocks were intentionally trying to bury them... he considered the possibility of Bazdir doing it, but that wouldn't make sense. He was trying to help them, right? He wouldn't be trying to kill them, would he? Of course, it could always be the work of... another wizard. But Bazdir was the only relatively human thing in sight! Was that even possible?

Uisce started to relax as he saw that most of the Pokemon were unharmed, but then he started feeling dizzy. Maybe he needed water... He almost fell asleep, but when he reappeared on the ground in front of the wizard he shook himself off. Again, Bazdir had helped them. So he couldn't have been the one to set of the repetitive rock slides. It must have been someone else.

"Thanks for moving me," he muttered, looking at the ground. He was stuck on his front again. Perhaps if he moved right he could rear up like any other snake, but he soon told himself that it was unlikely, as he was a sea snake, not a land snake. His body wasn't built for moving around on land.

He used his arms to support himself and bring himself closer to eye-level with the wizard. Just muttering wouldn't be decent thanks. "I think you saved our lives, or at least our energy." He paused. He wanted to say something about not being able to move around, but now was not the time to be ungrateful. Uisce personally hadn't been caught in the slide, but he knew better than to start accusing Bazdir of anything.

Arylett put her hand over her mouth in shock over Bazdir's impressive feat and the ice snake's Blizzard. And then... something happened. Something she couldn't remember, but next thing she knew, there were no falling boulders or any danger. There was only Bazdir, talking about some spell he cast.

Teleportation? For the love of God, this was crazy awesome! She had no words, it was just amazement in sheer manifestation. Her eyes were shifting back and forth from Bazdir, the serpent, and the wall. Why couldn't she be this cool?

"Wow... thank you... like this... this... guy said. That was absolutely amazing... I just... I just... yeah... what he said." After almost getting killed by a rock slide, it was understandable that Arylett had toned way down. Right now, she felt a bit shaky after the events that had occurred. Well, not a bit so much as a lot. Her body was shivering slightly, a cold she couldn't really put out. Perhaps she didn't think this through, because it might be far more dangerous than she initially conjectured.

Crystal slithered over to the sea snake that seemed to be having some trouble on land

"Hey you need a hand, I can remember this one move that may help," She said nicely to it, not truley sure of it's gender

Mendatt tried to stop glaring into space. He was beginning to believe that the wizard was, in fact, a wizard, although he didn't entirely trust him. 'Stop thinking about that, he chided himself. You're supposed to be working on how to move.' He tried to move his legs, and felt a searing pain, as if his tail was being torn into two. 'Ok, so my legs correspond to my tail. So if I move both of them like this...' He tried to move both of his now nonexistant legs like this, and his tail moved slightly. 'YES!' He tried to pump his fist into the air, but ended up feebly flapping his right wing. He glared into nothing again. 'This form is really hard to be cheerful in.' He practiced moving his tail for a few more seconds, and, once he figured out how, slithered over to the wizard, and asked him "Okay... So most of the things you said make sense, although I didn't understand a lot of the terms. There are just a few things I want to ask you. What's an aura seer?"

"I saw a cave near by," Crystal suggested,"Why don't we go there for the night."

She was tired, that ice storm move took a lot out of her. She brushed it off though, shebwould get used to it. It was gonna be a long time before she would be human again, if she ever was.

Tokine was still not sure the guy was a wizard. Teleportation? Really? A psychic type pokemon could teleport too. Tokine thought none of this was real magic. Tokine listened to Crystal's suggestion. "Agreed" Tokine answered.

Tokine looked inside the cave. She could make a bed for her squishy jellyfish like body with her psychic powers. But the question is, what would she get to use?

Another question came into her mind. Where was her Torchic? She could only imagine what happened to her! The thought brought tears to her eyes, which just evaporated inside of her jelly fish body.

Well, it was about time she needed to rest.

Uisce turned to look at the dog-like one. She appeared to be quite contemplative, which only made him think. Come to think of it, he was surrounded by strangers. None seemed to be particularly hostile - even the wizard guy had helped them. Still, you never know when someone might turn on you. He unconsciously flicked his forked tongue out of his steel jaws.

Supporting himself on his forearms, Uisce thought to himself, Should we get to know each other, then? I'm not a fan of talking, to tell the truth... He glanced between the many strange Pokemon. He still couldn't control his tail well, but still it instinctively flicked as he thought, thankfully not colliding with anything. A lot of them look nervous. That's not surprising, considering the situation. Personally, I'm not comfortable with the surroundings, either. His dark eyes ascended to the ceiling. I'd like this forest, but this body is screaming at me to find water. I hope this body doesn't mind if it has to wait a while.

Tokine glanced up at the cave. It was so dark, she couldn't see the top. It was pure darkness. Tokine then thought something- Didn't she need water? She haven't thought of it yet, but at a time like this, you'd think she'd be thirsty. But...she feel totally hydrated! Possibly too hydrated! She looked at her thin, clear, weightless stubs that should be her hands. She looked at one stub. It kept on holding a dark ball of psychic energy. She sighed.

Tokine felt the psychic ball was much too annoying. AARRGGHH!!! She thought, This is pointless! I'll have this ball on my hand....stub...forever! Suddenly, the Dark ball slowly started to shrink into nothing. Oh right, she forgot she had psychic powers that can control some stuff.

She looked around. It was too dark to see much, but she could make out everyone's figure. Barely though. She then looked at her side. There was a smooth rock next to her. She tried to pick it up, but being a Jelly fish Pokemon, she was too weak. She then focused on the rock to move it. She knew her psychic powers would pick it up. However, it didnt. She then focused much more until it started swaying from the ground and went right next to Tokine. She knew she needed more work on her psychic powers. Actually, in retrospect, she could of just floated next to it. The rock was hard, but that wasnt a problem for her new body. She felt her eyelids closing. She was too tired to think about it because, before she even tried, she was fast asleep.

Last edited:
The question immediately caught Uisce's attention. If it was his choice, he wouldn't answer it, but he didn't want to look unfriendly. He didn't want to be considered mean, since he was really only thoughtful, and the fact that his body apparently looked like an intimidating snake didn't help. He ran through the question again in his head for a moment longer, and then replied slowly, "They wouldn't kill us, would they? The worst they would do is ship us somewhere else." Pokemon trainers themselves would definitely not kill the foreign Pokemon, but the government officials had a slight chance of doing so. Even so, if the group were to be shipped away, they would be separated. Depending on the situation, that might not be a good thing, since they were all pretty much lost right now. That wizard guy with the forgettable name might be able to help, though. If he wasn't so tired from using magic.

Uisce glanced around one more. Everybody did look tired, but he couldn't sleep, mostly thanks to the fact that aquatic creatures couldn't sleep outside water.

Constance was still irritable with the stress of the situation and the soreness of her hind legs. She glanced around at those who were talking as one Pokémon brought up that she had seen a cave nearby. Another Pokémon, some sort of jellyfish or something, immediately responded by going to find the cave, and once it found the cave, went inside. At first, the idea of sleeping in a dark, dirty cave made her uneasy, but then the dog-like Pokémon brought up a good point: that they were considered "illegal" in the nearby town. That meant that going there alone was probably not a good idea. The armored snake said that the people wouldn't kill them, but Constance still felt more uneasy at the thought of going to the town than she did at sleeping in the cave now that the point had been brought up.

"I think we should stay here in the cave so we can figure out at least a little of what's going on," she said, stepping forward. Her long, striped tail swung slowly as she continued to think, but her fiery eyes were confident as she looked around at everyone once more. She would rather have to spend a couple of hours grooming herself in the morning than spend days or even weeks getting off track.

Back
Top Bottom