• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black/White party

IcySapphire

What do you think the Black/White anime party will be like?

For me, I hope for both the hero and the heroine to join Ash and possibly Brock.

so the lineup:

Ash
B/W hero
B/W heroine
Brock

It'll probably just be the heroine, as always, with the hero perhaps turning up every once in a while. Maybe in five or so episodes. Of course it's too early to say, really. I also don't actually watch the anime so I wouldn't know.

I hope they change it from "Oh, hey look, there's a cat in a tree, let's make an episode about it in which I can leave the G sound out of ALL OF MY WORDS!" mode.

They will reboot the anime entirely to be more plot-centric, with higher production values and an older target audience, probably starring the Isshu heroine or switching between viewpoints of the two heroes.

Why do I believe (and and hope) that this will be true? Well, think about it. The new main characters in this game are confirmed to be fifteen years old, visibly older than any of the protagonists in the previous games. Following the usual pattern, Ash would trade Dawn for the black and white girl, yeah? But, well, think about it: Dawn is 10. Ash has been 11 since the first movie. It makes sense that Ash, the more experienced trainer, is a role model to the little Dawn. But... imagine how different it would be if his protege was, in fact, older than him? It would mess with the group dynamic like crazy! 15-year-olds think differently than 10-year-olds. The existent group has Brock as a watchful figure and as a comic relief, but he's a side character and the focus isn't on him.

The protagonists are the age of the target audience, so the newer games have an older target audience. They can make a new game and say it's for older people, but they can't do that with the anime and the same characters without people calling it Ruined FOREVER. That's why I think they're booting up an alternate continuity, and god I hope they are.

My two cents.

obama will join

and steal dawn's skirt and wear it for the series' remainder

or you know a reboot could also happen but I think the obama thing is more likely

Back
Top Bottom