• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The 'Dex Registry

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does, but save for a few things here and there it follows the general pattern of "normal-types" and "things with hands". Pisciform non-ghost-types... not so much.

Kammington

Zen headbutt also seems a random pick. I do tend to frown on the usage of the elemental hyper beams.

Kratos Aurion

How does wyrmal's aftermath work? It is obvious enough in ventorm's case, but wyrmal... is just a little worm thing. Their level-up movepools don't really have enough overlap for my taste; I'm a bit iffy on eruption/water spout, their being so rare, but moreso water spout, given ventorm's need to conserve water.

It would be great if you could get a better sprite of ventorm.

(...you do realize this means we'd have a "wyrmarble" and a "wyrmal" in two totally unrelated families? D:)

It would be great if you could get a better sprite of ventorm.

ickz77.jpg

Kratos Aurion

How does wyrmal's aftermath work? It is obvious enough in ventorm's case, but wyrmal... is just a little worm thing. Their level-up movepools don't really have enough overlap for my taste; I'm a bit iffy on eruption/water spout, their being so rare, but moreso water spout, given ventorm's need to conserve water.

Hm. I agree on both aftermath (actually, iirc aftermath was a cop-out because I couldn't think of a better second ability at the time) and water spout, and I'll see what I can do about improving the overlap. I actually drafted those a little while ago and probably didn't check them over as well as I should've before sticking them here.

(...you do realize this means we'd have a "wyrmarble" and a "wyrmal" in two totally unrelated families? D:)

Wyrmal's name came first. Mike's fault, not mine.

And Alraunne, you are an amazing person and I love you. :D

Anyway. Will fix soonish.

(i know i haven't completed 2 battles, i just want this to be approved.)

Name: Chataran
Type:Fire/Normal
Height: 9 In
Weight: 7 Lbs
Habitat: Urban Pokémon
Ability: Flash Fire/Cute Charm
Base Stats: HP 50/Attack 40/Defense 35/Special Attack 45/Special Defense 40/Speed 45

Level-Up Moves
- Scratch
-Ember
-Charm
-Growl
5 Sunny Day
7 Copycat
9 Slam
17 Swift
29 Take Down
41 Flamethrower

Egg Moves

Shadow Ball
Fake Tears
Crush Claw
Metronome

Tutor Moves
double-edge, endure, sleep talk, snore, substitute, swagger, Heat wave, endeavor, last resort, rollout

TM/HM Moves
TM45 Attract, TM78 Captivate, TM32 Double Team, TM58 Endure, TM42 Facade, TM21 Frustration, TM10 Hidden Power, TM83 Natural Gift, TM17 Protect, TM18 Rain Dance, TM44 Rest, TM27 Return, TM43 Secret Power, TM82 Sleep Talk, TM90 Substitute, TM11 Sunny Day, TM97 Swagger, TM08 toxic
Tm 88 pluck, tm56 fling, 42 façade, 38 fire blast, 61 will-o-wisp.

Evolution: Chataran+ Fire Stone+ Max happinessLewfer
Rarity: 7
Physical Description: A small, fluffy, orange kitten.
Pokédex Data: 1.groups of Chataran have been seen using sunny day to change an area from night to day.
2. When Chataran are scared, they spit fyre at their tormenters.

Notes: Chataran comes from chat, the French word for cat, and arancione, the Italian word for orange.

Name:Lewfer
Type:fire/normal
Height: 17 in
Weight: 21 lbs
Habitat: Urban Pokemon
Ability: Flash Fire Intimidate
Base Stats: HP 70/Attack 70/Defense 65/Special Attack 70/Special Defense 65/Speed 110

Level-Up Moves
- Scratch
-Ember
-Charm
-Growl
5 Sunny Day
7 Copycat
9 Slam
17 Swift
29 Take Down
41 fire fang
57 fire spin
69 flamethrower
71 blaze kick
79 flare blitz
81 eruption

Egg Moves
Shadow Ball
Fake Tears
Crush Claw
Metronome

Tutor Moves
double-edge, endure, sleep talk, snore, substitute, swagger, Heat wave, endeavor, last resort, rollout

TM/HM Moves
TM45 Attract, TM78 Captivate, TM32 Double Team, TM58 Endure, TM42 Facade, TM21 Frustration, TM10 Hidden Power, TM83 Natural Gift, TM17 Protect, TM18 Rain Dance, TM44 Rest, TM27 Return, TM43 Secret Power, TM82 Sleep Talk, TM90 Substitute, TM11 Sunny Day, TM97 Swagger, TM08 toxic
Tm 88 pluck, tm56 fling, 42 façade, 38 fire blast, 61 will-o-wisp, 50 overheat

Physical Description: a large, fluffy, orange cat
Pokédex Data: 1. Lewfer dive into volcanoes to increase the power of their fire type moves.
2. When it rains, lewfer and Chataran can be heard crying.

Notes:

Magikarp

First of all, kindly be a bit more careful with the formatting and proofreading--that's readable, but it looks scattered and you've got what looks like a few spelling errors here (or is "fyre" intentional? If so, why? No modern pokédex description author would use an antiquated spelling like that). Maybe actually separate the TM list, at the very least, into a column with only one TM per line. It would be a little nicer if you did.

Second, "small orange cat" or what have you is nowhere near enough description to go on for a pokémon, especially if you're not going to provide any sort of image. Metronome and fling users typically need to be bipedal with hands, for example--are these bipedal or not? Does lewfer look scary, or is it otherwise easily perceived as threatening in any way? I know that pokémon like shinx and staravia don't exactly inspire fear, but shinx, at the very least, is still a snarly little lion. "Large orange fluffy cat" does not sound remotely scary, and therefore I don't know why intimidate would be logical as an ability. Blaze kick sounds iffy, eruption sounds iffy... pluck is a definite no, as that explicitly requires a beak. Or do these have beaks? You didn't say. I can't really tell whether any of the moves you've listed besides the basic "spit fire" attacks and the "everything learns these" attacks are actually logical or fitting, all because you've given me so little to go on.

Why would urban pokémon be anywhere near volcanoes? I guess that's probably one of the least of your problems, but it's still a niggling little inconsistency and I would advise either changing that line or making them mountain pokémon instead of urban.

Both pokémon have too many level-up moves; at this point in time, the maximum number of moves for a basic pokémon is eight, and the max for a first evolution is ten. Trim the level list down.

Your biggest problem here is that your description can't be that sparse. Flesh it out, preferably draw a picture or find someone to draw a picture for you while you're at it, and then come back so I can see how logical some of those moves really are for these things.

Magikarp

First of all, kindly be a bit more careful with the formatting and proofreading--that's readable, but it looks scattered and you've got what looks like a few spelling errors here (or is "fyre" intentional? If so, why? No modern pokédex description author would use an antiquated spelling like that). Maybe actually separate the TM list, at the very least, into a column with only one TM per line. It would be a little nicer if you did.

Second, "small orange cat" or what have you is nowhere near enough description to go on for a pokémon, especially if you're not going to provide any sort of image. Metronome and fling users typically need to be bipedal with hands, for example--are these bipedal or not? Does lewfer look scary, or is it otherwise easily perceived as threatening in any way? I know that pokémon like shinx and staravia don't exactly inspire fear, but shinx, at the very least, is still a snarly little lion. "Large orange fluffy cat" does not sound remotely scary, and therefore I don't know why intimidate would be logical as an ability. Blaze kick sounds iffy, eruption sounds iffy... pluck is a definite no, as that explicitly requires a beak. Or do these have beaks? You didn't say. I can't really tell whether any of the moves you've listed besides the basic "spit fire" attacks and the "everything learns these" attacks are actually logical or fitting, all because you've given me so little to go on.

Why would urban pokémon be anywhere near volcanoes? I guess that's probably one of the least of your problems, but it's still a niggling little inconsistency and I would advise either changing that line or making them mountain pokémon instead of urban.

Both pokémon have too many level-up moves; at this point in time, the maximum number of moves for a basic pokémon is eight, and the max for a first evolution is ten. Trim the level list down.

Your biggest problem here is that your description can't be that sparse. Flesh it out, preferably draw a picture or find someone to draw a picture for you while you're at it, and then come back so I can see how logical some of those moves really are for these things.

Fyre was intentional, and i will edit it.
and the "Urban pokémon live near volcanoes" thing, they Used To Live Near Volcanoes.

Last edited:
Name: Chataran
Type:Fire/Normal
Height: 9 In
Weight: 7 Lbs
Habitat: Urban Pokémon
Ability: Flash Fire/Cute Charm
Base Stats: HP 50/Attack 40/Defense 35/Special Attack 45/Special Defense 40/Speed 45

Level-Up Moves
- Scratch
-Ember
-Charm
-Growl
5 Sunny Day
7 Copycat
9 Slam
17 Swift
29 Take Down
41 Flamethrower

Egg Moves

Shadow Ball
Fake Tears
Crush Claw
Metronome

Tutor Moves
Double-edge
Endure
Sleep talk
Snore
Substitute
Swagger
Heat wave
Endeavor
Last resort
Rollout

TM/HM Moves
TM45 Attract
TM78 Captivate
TM32 Double Team
TM58 Endure
TM42 Façade
TM21 Frustration
TM10 Hidden Power
TM83 Natural Gift
TM17 Protect
TM44 Rest
TM27 Return
TM43 Secret Power
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM11 Sunny Day
TM97 Swagger
TM08 Toxic
TM56 Fling
TM38 Fire Blast
TM61 Will-O-Wisp.

Evolution: Chataran+ Fire Stone+ Max happinessLewfer
Physical Description: A small, fluffy, orange kitten with lighter spots on it’s fur that look like runes.
Pokédex Data: 1.groups of Chataran have been seen using sunny day to change an area from night to day.
2. When Chataran are scared, they spit fyre at their tormenters.

Notes: Chataran comes from chat, the French word for cat, and arancione, the Italian word for orange.

Name:Lewfer
Type:fire/normal
Height: 17 in
Weight: 21 lbs
Habitat: Urban Pokemon
Ability: Flash Fire Intimidate
Base Stats: HP 70/Attack 70/Defense 65/Special Attack 70/Special Defense 65/Speed 110

Level-Up Moves
- Scratch
-Ember
-Charm
-Growl
5 Sunny Day
7 Mimic
9 Slam
17 Swift
29 Take Down
41 Fire fang
57 Fire spin
69 Flamethrower
71 Lava Plume
79 flare blitz
81 eruption

Egg Moves
Shadow Ball
Fake Tears
Crush Claw
Metronome

Tutor Moves
Double-edge
Endure
Sleep talk
Snore
Substitute
Swagger
Heat wave
Endeavor
Last resort
Rollout

TM/HM Moves
TM45 Attract
TM78 Captivate
TM32 Double Team
TM58 Endure
TM42 Façade
TM21 Frustration
TM10 Hidden Power
TM83 Natural Gift
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM44 Rest
TM27 Return
TM43 Secret Power
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM11 Sunny Day, TM97 Swagger
TM08 toxic
TM56 fling
TM 42 façade
TM 38 fire blast
TM 61 will-o-wisp
TM 50 overheat

Physical Description: A medium sized, fluffy, orange cat with darker spots on it’s fur that look like runes and a flaming tail.
Pokédex Data: 1. Lewfer dive into volcanoes to increase the power of their fire type moves.
2. When it rains, lewfer and Chataran can be heard crying.

Notes:

Would it be acceptable tp give a Pokemon based off the Will-o'-the Wisps, orbs of fire/light the Flame Body ability since it would be/have flames as/on its body?

Let me clear that up. I was planing on making a ghost/fire type pokemon with a floating ghostly head surrounded by orbs of light and fire. Would it be possible to give it the abilities Flame Body/Illuminate?

Magikarp

You still didn't fix the other things I pointed out. Too many moves on both pokémon, for example.

Brock

Sure.

Oh, Negrek, I have a question involving Tormutle

If I do a clear enough explanation in the dex entry for its final evolution as to why it loses the Dark type and gains the Psychic type, along with maybe changing the way it evolves to help further explain it, would that work? Otherwise, I need to COMPLETELY redo the final evolution, as it was designed as a Psychic type - attacks, appearance, and all

Are you the Icalasari from pokefarm.org?

Um... you've put TM87 Swagger as TM97 Swagger in the First Post.
So, we can submit Pokémon to be checked before we have two battles?

And TM06 Toxic as TM08. I've been meaning to mention that.

And yes, Pokemon can be submitted and approved before the prerequisite two battles are finished but they can't be claimed or purchased until then.

Woo.
Here's my line, probably riddled with errors and such but this is why I am submitting it early so that the refinement process does not have to wait!
Also, yes, no images of any reasonable quality; currently looking for an artist, and if anyone'd like to help out then that would be good.
Name: Chibbit
Type:
type_ice.gif

Height: 0.3m
Weight: 4.3kg
Habitat:
Roughterrain.gif
Well, the Arctic is pretty rough, yes? And Ice-types don't really fit anywhere, so.
Ability: Cute Charm / Snow Cloak
Base Stats: 50 / 55 / 45 / 65 / 55 / 75

Level-Up Moves
-- - Tail Whip
-- - Growl
5 - Tackle
8 - Charm
13 - Bite
16 - Sand-Attack
21 - Powder Snow
24 - Ice Shard

Egg Moves (Ground)
Ice Fang
Body Slam
Headbutt
Yawn

Tutor Moves
Defense Curl
Endure
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Sleep Talk
Snore
Substitute
Swagger
Swift

TM/HM Moves
TM03 Water Pulse
TM07 Hail
TM10 Hidden Power
TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM27 Return
TM28 Dig
TM32 Double Team
TM42 Facade
TM43 Secret Power
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM58 Endure
TM72 Avalanche
TM78 Captivate
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM83 Natural Gift
TM90 Substitute

Evolution: Into Arcowlf at Level 22

Rarity: R7

Physical Description:
Awful unshaded thingy by me
Chibbit is, in esscence, a small, white rabbit. It has long fur covering its body, but shorter hair on its head and legs, as a real rabbit would. Its fur is pure white, but it has light blue paws and a light blue patch on its forehead. The insides of its ears and its nose are dark blue. Its eyes are light blue but darker than its paws. When it opens its mouth, it has tiny fangs inside.

Pokédex Data:

• It has up to eight babies at once and, unusual for a Pokémon, gives birth to live young. It is fiercely protective of its young.
  • The thick coating of fur provides it with excellent thermal insulation. Depsite living in arctic regions, it is as warm as a Torchic to hug.

Notes: OMG SOCUTE. But it doesn't stay that way for long, oh no siree. Also, it has a gender ratio of 1/4 Female, 3/4 Male, not like it's important here where people choose for themselves.

Name: Arcowlf
Type:
type_ice.gif

Height: 1.0m
Weight: 35kg
Habitat:
Roughterrain.gif

Ability: Intimidate / Snow Cloak
Base Stats: 65 / 70 / 80 / 75 / 90 / 100

Level-Up Moves
-- - Tail Whip
-- - Growl
6 - Tackle
10 - Roar
16 - Crunch
20 - Howl
26 - Powder Snow
30 - Ice Beam
36 - Hail
40 - Ice Fang

Egg Moves (Ground)
Ice Fang
Body Slam
Headbutt
Yawn

Tutor Moves
Defense Curl
Endure
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Sleep Talk
Snore
Substitute
Swagger
Swift

TM/HM Moves
TM03 Water Pulse
TM05 Roar
TM07 Hail
TM10 Hidden Power
TM12 Taunt
TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM27 Return
TM28 Dig
TM32 Double Team
TM42 Facade
TM43 Secret Power
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM58 Endure
TM72 Avalanche
TM75 Swords Dance
TM78 Captivate
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM83 Natural Gift
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute

Evolution: Into Icearor at Level 22

Physical Description:
http://i50.tinypic.com/amxrgz.jpgAwful unshaded thingy by me
Arcowlf is a wolf. It has short white fur, which is longer at its ankles and knees. It has a light blue patch on its forehead and a light blue muzzle. It has dull grey eyes. It has a small, dark blue oval gemstone in the centre of its forehead, the same color as the insides of its ears and its nose. Its paws are light blue but darker than its forehead / muzzle. It has larger fangs than its pre-evolved form.

Pokédex Data:

• It preys on its pre-evolved form Chibbit, among other small Pokémon. It will not, however, eat its own young, which are born live as opposed to hatching from eggs.
  • It has become very rare in recent years, since being hunted near to extinction by native americans who believed that slaying it gave one its bravery and fierceness.
  • Ancient tribes believed that on an aurora on the night of the full moon, it came to cleanse the earth. It is said that its fangs are good luck charms.

Notes: Told you it wouldn't stay cute. It has a gender ratio of 1/4 Female, 3/4 Male, not like it's important here where people choose for themselves. Its name is pronounced 'Arr-coo-wlff'. Also MUST MINIMIZE RESEMBLANCE TO NINETALES.

Name: Icearor
Type:
type_ice.gif

Height: 4.0m
Weight: 335kg
Habitat:
Roughterrain.gif

Ability: Intimidate / Ice Body
Base Stats: 80 / 80 / 110 / 83 / 95 / 100

Level-Up Moves
-- - Bulk Up
-- - Growl
7 - Tackle
12 - Roar
19 - Crunch
24 - Howl
31 - Powder Snow
35 - Ice Beam
42 - Hail
47 - Ice Fang
54 - Dive
59 - Earthquake

Egg Moves (Ground)
Ice Fang
Body Slam
Headbutt
Yawn

Tutor Moves
Defense Curl
Endure
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Sleep Talk
Snore
Substitute
Swagger
Swift

TM/HM Moves
TM01 Focus Punch
TM03 Water Pulse
TM07 Hail
TM10 Hidden Power
TM12 Taunt
TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM42 Facade
TM43 Secret Power
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM58 Endure
TM72 Avalanche
TM75 Swords Dance
TM78 Captivate
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM83 Natural Gift
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
HM03 Surf

Evolution: No further.

Physical Description:
http://i46.tinypic.com/2mzy4vb.jpgAwful unshaded thingy by me
Icearor is a polar bear. It has medium-length fur. Its muzzle and forehead are light blue, and it also has light blue patches on its shoulder (?) joints. Its paws are light blue but darker than the other blue parts. Its claws are dark blue, darker than its nose. It has red eyes and a dark blue nose, gem in the center of its forehead and insides of its ears. Its claws and fangs are somewhat exaggerated.

Pokédex Data:

• Where its fur looks white, this is not the case. Its fur is actually hollow and colorless, and it traps air which very effectively keeps it warm.
  • As the earth warms up slowly, the ice which comprises its home is melting, and it is on the verge of becoming extinct. It is only found in the Arctic.
  • It silently stalks towards its prey and then pounces, loosing an earth-shattering roar. The prey - usually species such as Spheal, Piplup or Seel - has no means of defence. It then gets away before the parent Walrein, Dewgong or Empoleon arrive.

Notes: It has a gender ratio of 1/4 Female, 3/4 Male, not like it's important here where people choose for themselves. Its name is pronounced 'Ick-ee-are-orr'.

Last edited:
Is it okay if I bump this? My submission seems to have been overlooked.

Or people just haven't gotten around to looking at it.

Anyway, question tiem: would it be allowed to have a two-stage evolutionary family where each member has three forms, or would that be counted as six members total and thus too many? And if yes to the first question, can different forms have different abilities?

Could you make a line like Nidoran, where Pokemon of different genders are considered different Pokemon with the same movepool?

@Not-Joseph: What's the logic behind rabbit -> wolf -> polar bear? To my knowledge, they have no relation to each other.

Arctic rabbit -> Arctic wolf -> Polar bear. They're also all mammals, but thet's very minor.

It's more logical than a fish becoming an octopus, or a mirror into a bell, at any rate. At least to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom