• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Business Approval Office

Right, I mean, can you have talons and wings on the same pokémon.

Also restating my confusion over the tails.

Right, I mean, can you have talons and wings on the same pokémon.

Also restating my confusion over the tails.

Wing+Talons: ...hm...I thought you could only have like...one body mod on a pokemon. If it's possible to have more, than I geuss.

Tail: Are you suffering to the Light and Heavy tails? Those are from the original shop that was approved.

Wing+Talons: ...hm...I thought you could only have like...one body mod on a pokemon. If it's possible to have more, than I geuss.
I'd prefer it be kept to one; I was just asking to check.

Why did you repost the old stuff if you weren't changing the price on it or anything?

Anyhow, prices for the other stuff:

Flippers/Wings: $2
Fin $3
Talons: $1
Claws: $1
Removal: $7

I'd prefer it be kept to one; I was just asking to check.

Why did you repost the old stuff if you weren't changing the price on it or anything?

Anyhow, prices for the other stuff:

Flippers/Wings: $2
Fin $3
Talons: $1
Claws: $1
Removal: $7

...I thought I had to post all of it. oops.

Mike the Foxhog

Now you learn why it took me so long to reply to this. I did the statistics on this to figure out the expected values for each of the games:

Slots at $4: $4

Slots at $7: $6

Slots at $9: $7

Cards at $4: $2

Cards at $7: $2

Cards at $10: $1

Meowth is listed twice in the $10 card prizes.

You can double the odds on the card flip game $10; as you can see from the expected values above, it has a really crappy payout at the moment (< 1% chance of getting a rarity 8 pokémon) and doesn't fit the progression of the other betting levels.

However... you're looking at people getting back almost as much money as they put in on their slot machine games. I'm not really that bothered by it, although lowering the payouts a little would be nice, but I don't see why anyone would then play slots instead of cards... admittedly, they would either have to think about the stats a little or see this post, but still. In practice the difference in winnings should be clear.

...wow, I didn't realise the odds and payouts were that skewed o.o Frankly there's no reason in particular I put Card Flip in, except for thinking "hm just slots is boring how about that card game from GSC I bet nobody remembers, let's put that in too". I put 24 cards in for consistency with the demonstration picture, but in hindsight I probably should have realised people would have a fairly good idea what a table covered in playing cards looks like. In any case I failed to realise the fact that each bet only offers one set of prizes means a much huger probability of not winning at all. If I halve the number of cards that should double the probability for the two most expensive games, and if I shift the prices around a dollar or two then the wager-to-payout ratio should remain vaguely the same between the two games.

So basically:

Slots
Small bet = $6, odds 1/5/10/35/49 (jackpot/rare/medium/common/none)
Medium bet = $9, odds 2/9/15/40/34
Large bet = $11, odds 3/12/20/45/20

Cards
Single card = $8, odds 1 in 12
Row = $6, odds 1 in 4
Column = $3, odds 1 in 3

Do those look more reasonable?

(and sorry for making you do all that maths D8)

So you're talking about keeping the prizes identical, just switching the chances of winning as listed? So yeah, that means slots are identical at $6 for $4, $9 for $6, and $11 for $7. After finding out that I apparently didn't write down the prize information for the cards and because I don't want to add it all up again, I'll say those changes are probably good. I'll figure it out later if it gets to be an issue.

So you can set this up for $30, with overheads as follows:

Slots: $3/$4/$6
Cards: $4/$3/$1

I have an idea I'd like to try:

The seal market

What we do
We sell 'seals' which you stick on pokéballs. They have a variety of effects and count as a body mod.

The effects
First the differences between A, B, C, D, E, and F. They are as follows.
A: lasts 2 actions
B: lasts 3 actions
C: lasts 4 actions
D: lasts 5 actions
E: lasts 6 actions
F: lasts 7 actions

Now for the seals themselves. They all last for the above durations.
Heart Seals: A burst of hearts shoots out of the pokéball, this sets the pokémons ability to cute charm with only 20% chance effect rate as well as its other ability, does not work if pokémon has intimidate.
Star Seals: A burst of stars shoots out of the pokéball, this works like the move flash and doesn't fade until the end of the duration when it fades completely.
Line Seals: A burst of lines shoots out of the pokéball, weakens special attacks by 1%
Smoke Seals: A cloud of smoke shoots out of the pokéball, it has the effects of smoke-screen
Ele-Seals: A burst of electricity shoots out of the pokéball, boosts electric moves by 1%
Foam Seals: A burst of bubbles and foam shoots out of the pokéball, boosts water and ice moves by 1%
Fire Seals: A burst of fire shoots out of the pokéball, boosts fire attacks by 1%
Flora Seals: A burst of petals shoots out of the pokéball, boosts grass type attacks by 1%
Song Seals: A burst of musical notes shoot out of the pokéball, it prevents sleep as though uproar is being used
Letter Seals: An image of the chosen letter shoots out of the pokéball, it boosts the power of moves starting with that letter by 1%
Shock (!) Seals: A burst of !s shoots out of the pokéball, lowers enemie's accuracy by one stage as the enemy is distracted
Mystery (?) Seals: A burst of ?s shoots out of the pokéball, it works as though the pokemon is under the effect of amnesia

Prices
Heart Seals
A=$3
B=$4
C=$5
D=$6
E=$7
F=$8
Star Seals
A=$3
B=$4
C=$5
D=$6
E=$7
F=$8
Line Seals
A=$3
B=$4
C=$5
D=$6
E=$7
F=$8
Smoke Seals
A=$3
B=$4
C=$5
D=$6
E=$7
F=$8
Ele-Seals
A=$4
B=$5
C=$6
D=$7
E=$8
F=$9
Foam Seals
A=$4
B=$5
C=$6
D=$7
E=$8
F=$9
Fire Seals
A=$4
B=$5
C=$6
D=$7
E=$8
F=$9
Flora Seals
A=$4
B=$5
C=$6
D=$7
E=$8
F=$9
Song Seals
A=$3
B=$4
C=$5
D=$6
E=$7
F=$8
Letter Seals
A=$4
B=$5
C=$6
D=$7
E=$8
F=$9
Mystery (?) Seals
A=$3
B=$4
C=$5
D=$6
E=$7
F=$8
Shock (?) Seals
A=$3
B=$4
C=$5
D=$6
E=$7
F=$8
If this is approved I'd like to sell it as I have no money

Since Dragon's access to MSN/TCoD/whatever is very sporadic, would it be okay to call replacement refs/battlers, assuming they are willing and/or they are paid some compensation?

Would I be able to make a business that creates Shadow Pokemon via body mods? They'd probably be simple mods, with access to a Shadow move of the battler's choice and the "heartless" thing being more obvious (loses most moves based on emotion, ie Return and Frustration, Attract doesn't work, etc).

thunder

If these effects are going to be body mods, they really ought to be permanent (rather than lasting for whatever duration.) On the flip side, some of those effects are not really suited to being body mods, so you're kind of between a rock and a hard place here.

For all the "increases/decreases a stat/damage of a particular kind" seals, is that an effect that only works on the pokemon with the sealed ball? All pokemon on the field *but* that pokemon? Just everything on the field? Some indication of range is necessary for these.

How is the shock seal different than the star seal?

blazheirio889

Yes.

Kam

Should be fine. Go ahead and write it up.

You can get the idea approved first and then wait until you have enough money to buy the business if you'd like.

ThaosDM's Pokemon Loaning, Evolving, and Buying Shop

You are walking on the sidewalk and you turn around and see an old broken down looking shop. There is a sign that says: Open on it with blue and white lights on the sign. You walk in and it looks completely different from the inside. There is brand new lights and everything. The Shop owner walks to you and cheerfully says, "Hello. Welcome to ThaosDM's Pokemon Loaning, Evolving, And Buying Shop. How can I help you? The name of the shop tells you what I can do for you."

Price Lists:

Pokemon Loans

$3:3 days

$5:5 days

$10:1 week

$13:1 1/2 week

$15:2 weeks

$30:1 month

$40:2 months

$100:5 months or more

Pokemon that can be loaned at the moment:

Rarity One: Remoraid, Feebas, Magikarp, Abra, Magby, Pichu, and Magnemite.

Rarity Two: Voltorb, Exeggcute, Rhyhorn, Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, and Spearow.

Rarity Three: Ekans, Sandshrew, NidoranF, NidoranM, Vulpix, and Venonat.

Rarity Four: Psyduck, Mankey, Growlithe, Machop, and Slowpoke.

Pokemon Evolutions:

2nd Evolution (If any) (Requires 10 XP and the evolution item needed if there is one.):$10

3rd Evolution (If any) (Requires 20 XP and the evolution item needed if there is one.):$15

Evolution Items:
Any evolution stone costs $10. Any evolution item costs $5

Pokemon Purchases (This is for if you don't find any pokemon you want at the Pokemon Registration Office that is over here. This only contains first evolution and no evolution pokemon.):

Rarity One($5): Remoraid, Feebas, Magikarp, Abra, Magby, Pichu, and Magnemite.

Rarity Two($7): Voltorb, Exeggcute, Rhyhorn, Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, and Spearow.

Rarity Three($10): Ekans, Sandshrew, NidoranF, NidoranM, Vulpix, and Venonat.

Rarity Four($15): Psyduck, Mankey, Growlithe, Machop, and Slowpoke.

Forms for Service Request(s):

Pokemon Loans:
Username:
Pokemon to loan:
How long?:
Price of the loan.(Total of days.)

Pokemon Evolutions:
Username:
Pokemon to evolve:
Which evolution?(Can only be one at a time.):
Price of Evolution:

Pokemon Purchashing: