• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/pokémon, Fire moves banned
Arena: Glacier

A glacier would never be battled on, right? Wrong! On Glacier, the ground is ice, and this causes it to be very slippy and slidy underfoot.(-5 Accuracy for physical moves) There is a permanent hail storm going on (Hail condition in play) and this, coupled with the slipy-slidy and the banning of fire moves makes Fire-type Pokémon impractical, but whatever. Because of the cold, if you Chill, you may, quite literally, chill. (3% chance to freeze when you Chill) Also, a group of Glalie will come around every seven turns and fire Powder Snow at whoever they see. (They attack on the last action, so you can actually KO them before they hit you)

Other: Pokémon with Flame Body or Magma armor are banned.

Challenge type: 3v3 Triple
Style: set (It wouldn't matter now would it?)
DQ Time: 1 week
move Caps: No OHKO, 1 Direct heal per Pokemon.
Other Rules: the move Torment is always in effect to avoid move spamming, must have no evolved Pokemon.
My Profile: http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=411135&postcount=208
Description of Arena: It's a simple muddy patch in the forest. My character is broke, he wouldn't have an arena. It last rained around a day ago.

Last edited:
I'ma cancel my challenge and take on Pwnemon

Other Rules: the move Torment is always in effect to avoid move spamming, must have no evolved Pokemon.
Description of Arena: It's a simple muddy patch in the forest. My character is broke, he wouldn't have an arena. It last rained around a day ago.

By tripple do you mean each trainer has 3 mons on the field (As in B/W) or each trainer has one on the field and two reserves? Which ever, I'm still gunna accept, I just wanted to know

Last edited:
I had one up earlier and it got misinterpreted and I had to do magical things to get it straightened out.

it'll be hard to get a ref for one of those.

2 vs 2 Single
Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Dig, moves that require large bodies of water (eg, Surf), 3 Chills/pokemon, 3 healing moves/game
Arena: Insanity Square

This battle takes place on a square of magically floating tiles, approximately Wailord by Wailord in size, but comfortable enough for most battles (which, I am given to understand, never involve two Wailords fighting). The squares are easily malleable and can be torn off and flung into the void of space with little effort, causing the battlefield to shrink and contort as time goes on. If a Pokemon falls off of the square, it wastes its next action being teleported back by a League Alakazam and takes 10% typeless damage. Any Pokemon that is hit by a tile is blown back (which can be dangerous if you are close to an edge) and takes 5% Rock-type damage. If, at any point the stage takes damage to the point where a terrestrial Pokemon's survival comes into question (at the ref's discretion), the following action the stage reforms itself, and every Pokemon has a 50% chance of being smacked by a stray tile.

Other Notes: Pokemon that are aquatic can be used, but they will float in midair a la Pokemon Colosseum and are treated as inherently hovering. However, due to it not being water, they come into battle with a -3 Speed modifier (that cannot be eaten by Psych Up, but counts towards the +-6 maximum/minimum).

Here's profile--First battle time, no one good accept. >_<

Accepting this challenge. Don't worry, I won't use Gastrodon...

My Profile: http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=411135&postcount=208

I'ma cancel my challenge and take on Pwnemon

By tripple do you mean each trainer has 3 mons on the field (As in B/W) or each trainer has one on the field and two reserves? Which ever, I'm still gunna accept, I just wanted to know

How do I let a ref know now?

Just leave it; a ref will come along and post here when they take the challenge. It's frowned upon to beg for refs, as well.

Challenge type: 3 vs 3 Single
Style: Set
DQ Time: 1 Week
Move Caps: No OHKO moves, no Baton Pass/U-Turn or Whirlwind/Roar
Other Rules: None
My Profile: Here
Description of Arena: Just a grassy field with some bars swinging on the Pokemon to do 10% damage of their current HP.

Challenge type: 1 vs 1 Single
Other rules: everyone gets infinite energy, and the ref must know what Zendikar is.
Arena: Zendikar
Description of Arena:
picture.php
pokemon can jump around on the hedrons, and each round their is a 15% chance that Emrakul, the Aeons Torn will appear
li93_emrakul.jpg
and deal 20% typeless damage to a random pokemon.

Challenge type: 1 vs 1 Single
Other rules: everyone gets infinite energy, and the ref must know what Zendikar is.
Arena: Zendikar
Description of Arena:
picture.php
pokemon can jump around on the hedrons, and each round their is a 15% chance that Emrakul, the Aeons Torn will appear
li93_emrakul.jpg
and deal 20% typeless damage to a random pokemon.

I can accept this one right?

Challenge type: 1 vs. 1, single (rule 4 & 5)
DQ: 7 days (ignoring rule 7)
Banned moves: OHKO, Substitute
Arena: Fight Club
Though no one's supposed to talk about it, two trainers have managed to find their way to this decrepit, poorly-lit basement, and, hey, it's their first night, and rule 8 is clear. The "battlefield," a thirty-foot diameter circle, is ringed by other Pokemon watching the match. The trainers stand outside, and cannot enter the ring. Should a battler be thrown out of the circle, the spectaters will catch the errant one, either throwing them back (no damage; 50% chance), pummeling them (5% untyped damage; 30% chance), or accidentally using an ability on them (victim is moderately poisoned, paralyzed, or burned; 20% chance). The battlers cannot leave the ring unless KOed, or until the match is over.
Additional Rules: Due to the nature of Fight Club, each battler must use at least one physical move a round. Failing to do so enrages the spectators, who will come onto the field and beat up the rule-breaker (15% untyped damage).
Pokemon with mecha are not allowed in Fight Club. (Trainers can have Pokemon with mecha in their active party; they are not allowed to use them in this fight.)
Weather moves are allowed, although the ref is encouraged to portray them realistically as though they came into effect in a basement (Rain Dance might cause a water pipe to burst, Sunny Day could cause the heating to come on, Sandstorm is from a fan kicking up debris, etc.).

Challenge type: 1 vs. 1, single (rule 4 & 5)
DQ: 7 days (ignoring rule 7)
Banned moves: OHKO, Substitute
Arena: Fight Club
Though no one's supposed to talk about it, two trainers have managed to find their way to this decrepit, poorly-lit basement, and, hey, it's their first night, and rule 8 is clear. The "battlefield," a thirty-foot diameter circle, is ringed by other Pokemon watching the match. The trainers stand outside, and cannot enter the ring. Should a battler be thrown out of the circle, the spectaters will catch the errant one, either throwing them back (no damage; 50% chance), pummeling them (5% untyped damage; 30% chance), or accidentally using an ability on them (victim is moderately poisoned, paralyzed, or burned; 20% chance). The battlers cannot leave the ring unless KOed, or until the match is over.
Additional Rules: Due to the nature of Fight Club, each battler must use at least one physical move a round. Failing to do so enrages the spectators, who will come onto the field and beat up the rule-breaker (15% untyped damage).
Pokemon with mecha are not allowed in Fight Club. (Trainers can have Pokemon with mecha in their active party; they are not allowed to use them in this fight.)
Weather moves are allowed, although the ref is encouraged to portray them realistically as though they came into effect in a basement (Rain Dance might cause a water pipe to burst, Sunny Day could cause the heating to come on, Sandstorm is from a fan kicking up debris, etc.).

Umm...accepted I guess! Only...What does mecha mean? How do I know if my Pokemon have it?
Profile thing

edit: Oh, ok @ ole_schooler. Thanks! I understand it now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom