• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

I'll agree that Flying types being immune to, say, Mud Bomb is kinda ridiculous, but that's basic type chart for you. Since the most common Ground move you'll be seeing is Earthquake, though, it's probably fine.

Glaring contradiction duly noted.

I think it's simpler to say that, if we adhered to every rule on battling pinned down by the anime, thunder armours and bypassing elemental immunity by hitting weak spots would be among the shenanigans that would be turned possible.

We laugh at the laws of physics and the sort, but only as long as it's convenient. Having multiple battles at a time is convenient; forcing the referee to explain how the hell you use Surf without a body of water handy isn't.

Shut up MF :P. I was saying that Pokemon doesn't follow logic but we try to make it.

In any case, Ancientpower has nothing to do with rocks in the Animé, it's just a glowy white aura coming off the Pokémon.

EDIT: Where do we link to for Experience? I guess for the KO Experience, it's the reffing where the Opponent faints, but where for the 'sent-into-battle' experience?

Last edited:
In the final reffing, when one person/team wins the battle, the referee will award experience points for participation and KOs. You link to that.

Ancientpower's attack description was written before the attack had been shown in the anime. It may be changed in a later rewrite.

Flying-types are only immune to ground attacks while they can still fly. They are just really good at dodging mud.

But for some reason the games show you picking up rocks with a purple aura and then chuck 'em.

And I forgot, is it a Forfiet or a time DQ that bans you from making or accepting challenges for two months?

Unown formes are irrelevant. You can choose to be consistent from battle to battle, or you can state what forme you're using when sending the unown out in a given fight.

To what degree can a slugma, muk, etc., control its body?

I would think pokémon like muk would be more liquid and able to separate and reform themselves if needed, but slugma would probably be like pudding skin, being gelatinous but bouncy and chunky.

Back
Top Bottom