• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

Since there wasn't really enough time for people to post to the old one, let me repost my idea.

I'm just wondering, would anyone be interested in an RP based on the movie "How to Train your Dragon"? And would anyone be interested in helping me run such an RP? I have a few ideas, but it's still in the early planning stages, so I'd like to gauge interest.

Update: Let me provide the main idea I've been having. In the far northern reaches of Scandinavia, Vikings have been warring with Dragons, as well as with each other, to compete for limited resources, since times unknown. But 5 kids and 5 dragons (one of each of these species: Deadly Nadder, Hideous Zippleback, Gronckle, Monstrous Nightmare, and Night Fury) are attempting to change this by showing how the two societies can work together rather than fight. The kids each come from separate, rival villages, united each with one partner dragon in a common cause: to bring peace and respect to the region and finally end a conflict that has been boiling over for centuries. But even their own villages have been kept in the dark about the double life they have been running, in fear that they might hunt down and kill their friends.

Since there wasn't really enough time for people to post to the old one, let me repost my idea.

I'm just wondering, would anyone be interested in an RP based on the movie "How to Train your Dragon"? And would anyone be interested in helping me run such an RP? I have a few ideas, but it's still in the early planning stages, so I'd like to gauge interest.

Update: Let me provide the main idea I've been having. In the far northern reaches of Scandinavia, Vikings have been warring with Dragons, as well as with each other, to compete for limited resources, since times unknown. But 5 kids and 5 dragons (one of each of these species: Deadly Nadder, Hideous Zippleback, Gronckle, Monstrous Nightmare, and Night Fury) are attempting to change this by showing how the two societies can work together rather than fight. The kids each come from separate, rival villages, united each with one partner dragon in a common cause: to bring peace and respect to the region and finally end a conflict that has been boiling over for centuries. But even their own villages have been kept in the dark about the double life they have been running, in fear that they might hunt down and kill their friends.

....YES.

I may be able to help you run it but I won't be surprised if I get busy.

All right, due to a recent addiction to a certain game, I've been itching for an answer as to just WHAT the "Great War" was. Wikis and forums have provided poor answers, thus, I say we MAKE the story. If you've no idea what I'm talking about, that's fine. It's all explained.

"Hyrule is at war with itself. The Zoras, Gorons, and Hylians are fiercly engaged in a battle for the triforce. The Sheikah have allied themselves with the Hylians and Royal family. The Gerudo quietly sit aside, only involved when they wish to be. Kokiri remain in the forests, refusing to take sides or leave their safe haven. Hyrule cannot survive this inner struggle, and no hero is making himself known. With Hyrule ready to tear itself apart, a small group of Peace-seekers assemble from all corners of the land, and take it on themselves to be the heros."

So, I know it could use some refining, but that will come in time. Lemme' know what you think, how it should change, etc. PS, this RP would be heavily based on theories of the Zelda World(Since there are always unanswered questions), so many things aren't cannon. So there.

All right, due to a recent addiction to a certain game, I've been itching for an answer as to just WHAT the "Great War" was. Wikis and forums have provided poor answers, thus, I say we MAKE the story. If you've no idea what I'm talking about, that's fine. It's all explained.

"Hyrule is at war with itself. The Zoras, Gorons, and Hylians are fiercly engaged in a battle for the triforce. The Sheikah have allied themselves with the Hylians and Royal family. The Gerudo quietly sit aside, only involved when they wish to be. Kokiri remain in the forests, refusing to take sides or leave their safe haven. Hyrule cannot survive this inner struggle, and no hero is making himself known. With Hyrule ready to tear itself apart, a small group of Peace-seekers assemble from all corners of the land, and take it on themselves to be the heros."

So, I know it could use some refining, but that will come in time. Lemme' know what you think, how it should change, etc. PS, this RP would be heavily based on theories of the Zelda World(Since there are always unanswered questions), so many things aren't cannon. So there.
I would totally help with this.

ZELDA RP. <3 Totally would join this.

Unfortunately, a bit too busy to help with DM or working out much. University apps loom... ><

Well, I know for sure Hylians, Gerudo, Gorons and Zoras will be available. But I'm debating on Kokiri, seeing as they supposedly die if they leave the forest, plus they generally aren't adept fighters. So it's kind of a debate of cannon versus what the players want.

I s'pose if enough people want to play as kokiri, I'll allow them.

I would totally be up for joining a zelda RP. I could help DM, if you wanted. But I probably wouldn't be very good at it.

Anyone heard of Code Geass? I've started watching it recently and I was wondering if there was interest in it...

I've been thinking about an idea lately. Both robots and humans have been working side-by-side for centuries, but then something goes awry and a war break out between the two. There are three teams. One composed of humans against robots, one of robots against humans, and a neutral team of both humans and robots together fighting for peace between the two. I've been watching way to much Astro Boy lately, so this idea's been in my head for a while.

Well, this is sort of a mass crossover, but with less of the mass part, I think.

I don't know how many of you folks play fighting games beyond Super Smash Bros., but I was thinking this one would be a fighting tournament again, but more along the lines of later King of Fighters games, which are 3-on-3 (and in one, 4-on-4) tag formats. I was thinking of making it simply 2-on-2. Only restriction I would go with is simply no really powerful characters (but that's obvious), and I might have to shoot down some other character ideas for not quite fitting in with the theme.

Anyone interested? I am willing to take on a co-DM as well.

Ooh, that sounds fun Storm! I'd be willing to join it, but I don't know if I would want to co-DM it...

I would also be willing to join, though given my last few attempts at co-DMing, I don't think I'd want to be the co-DMer

That is fine. However, I do need a bit of plot help here. There is the big fighting tournament and all that, yeah, but I was pondering what the ulterior motive should be (there probably should be one, after all). I have been tossing around the idea of Rugal Bernstein (research at SNK Wiki for the unknowing) being the big bad, at least, at first. I want there to be something above him, granting him power, but having to rein him in or something.

Well, for a sort of Man Behind the Man deal, we could use some of the Council members from that Crossover RP that never went off the ground. Just some food for thought. I don't know what other sort of ulterior motive there might be, though.

Alright, now I would like to ask once again, are there any volunteers for co-DM for this upcoming RP? I've got a start to the plot going, and would need someone to help polish it (so as it keep it a secret from others), and then require someone to help play the NPCs, a bit of general maintenance, and hopefully do things when I am busy with classes.

Back
Top Bottom