• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dreams of the Past OOC/Sign-Ups

Sorry to hear that, High Priestess. <3 I understand, though. If you do have the opportunity to come back, your return will be most welcome~

Added Flash Cannon and Autotomtize to Nephtys' moveset.

The timeline for this RP seems kinda contradictory. In the backstory part of the first post, it says it has been a century since training ended. But in the TM Driver explanation, it says that it has been five. Which is it?

Name: David Rain
Species: Human

Appearance: He is slightly taller than average, and lean, with hair past his ears. His eyes are jade green. His hair is naturally black, but he has extremely dyed it so that it is random patterns of neon red and green, and somehow solid blue on the inside.

Clothing: He wears camouflage shorts, with a navy blue T-shirt. He also has a pair of mismatched shoes, one white with black laces, and the other black with white laces.

Personal Items: He has the newest version of the TM Driver Aqua, designed to be extremely lightweight and aerodynamic, built for swimming and other water-related activities. Part of it is worn completely over the arm of the user, and has small, rectracable propulsion units and extendable webbing for the fingers to support either automatic swimming or heightened manual swimming. His sidearm is modified to enable freezing of the projectile used. He also has Brightpowder and an Electric Gem for his TM Driver.

Personality: He is very laid back, preferring to take life at his own pace (which, suprisingly, is not as slow as you'd think). He would rather avoid conflict entirely, but he isn't afriad to engage in it to solve problems.

History: He was raised in an upper-middle class family in Cerulean City, and had access to many of the newer high-tech gadgets of the time. He is a natural swimmer and, living close to the sea, he obtained a love for water. His friends had introduced him to the world of surfing and extreme hair dyeing. During his aquatic adventures, he learned that Pokemon- or at least the ones he dealt with- were not vicious or even as dangerous as he had been taught. Eventually, he forged a few secret friendships with a few of the Pokemon, after being saved from drowning.
Recently, his parents have been pestering him about getting more independant, starting with him getting a job. He found one in the dig team working in Mt. Silver, and is usually a regular worker, although he is part of a special team involving operations at the site dealing with large amounts of water.

Moves: Thunderbolt, Charge Beam, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch

Other: Nothing yet.

Last edited:
Given the rest of the flavour text also said a century... The five centuries was a typo, and I edited it.

Alright! time for Spoils Day~ We hit a lull, with only one page-ish of posts recently, but finals are zooming up for some of us - or happening right now elsewhere - so it's understandable. Hopefully we'll have some more activity for Metalos to count up for Tuesday, hm?

You may notice that our list is considerably shorter - but that's just because several people haven't posted since the first few days. Don't worry - I won't boot you for inactivity if you miss one round of this~

Exo-Raikou: Total – 7 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

Metalos: Total – 6 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

Stormecho: Total – 9 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

BlackTitress: Total – 4 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

Storm, Earth and Fire: Total – 4 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

(LEVEL UP! LEVEL 3!)

MadMOAI: Total – 4 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

Mai: Total – 3 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀

Darksong: Total – 5 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

ShadowtheHoundoom: Total - 1 EXP

MOST EXP EARNED: This week, it's... um. Me. >> I asked Metalos and he, the eternal flatterer, gave me top scores apparently.

NEXT SPOILS DAY: Tuesday~​

A lot of you are getting close to Level 4, which means I need to think of some cool plot triggers to throw at you!

We have two open spots! Arylett and Mendatt have both dropped out due to being busy, and thus we not only have a shortage of humans, but the RP is Open once I figure out how to edit title tag things.

As if there's any better indication of my eternal noobishness.

Name:Coralos
Species:Human

Appearance: Coralos is tall for his age, and tanned. He has black hair, and green eyes. There is a large, long scar, stretching from his shoulder to the small of his back.
Clothing:Jeans and T-Shirt.
Personal Items:Smoke ball. A small knife, concealed in his left sock. A wallet, containing pictures of his family. A TM Driver with a normal crystal. A Darklock Revolver, a small handgun that drains dark energy from the user's own hatred and uses it as rounds. Very non-lethal, but packs quite a sting.

Personality: Coralos is kind and generous, risking his very life for his sister. He also has a vindictive side, and is eager to see bad people suffer. He has killed before. Around those he loves, he is smart, funny, and kind. Around those he hates, he is a murderer. Born to a very poor family, Coralos is a thief, and no stranger to beatings or hard work. After the death of his father, Coralos has a hatred for authority figures.

Unbeknowest to Coralos, his father died. In hell, he sold his soul to a demon for second life. Terrified of losing his soul, he instead offered the demon a host: his unborn son, Coralos. The Demon Accepted. It can sometimes influence Coralos, taking the form of a vindictive, malicous voice.

History:

Unbeknowest to Coralos, his father died before his birth. In hell, he sold his soul to a demon for second life. Terrified of losing his soul, he instead offered the demon a host: his unborn son, Coralos. The Demon Accepted.

In the Fall Of Training, Coralos' grandfather took to thieving. It is now the family business. From an early age, Coralos was expected to steal for the families survival, along with his father. At fifteen, he was attacked by a not-so-absent victim, and Coralos snapped his neck.

His father was captured and put to death, leaving Coralos to fend for his family by himself. He proved capable. However, his sister has taken ill, suffering from an illusive, mysterious and nigh incurable poison. Her only hope is the Frogalily flower, rumoured to be found on the dangerous Silver Mountain. Coralos swiped a TM Driver and some TMs, then began his journey. He will save his sister, at any cost.

Moves:Substitute, Flash, Hidden Power, Protect

Other:Coralos' possession by a demon, Ghost and Dark attacks have a slightly reduced affect on him, whilst Psychic moves barely damage him at all.

Yeah. This.

Eugh. I'm sorry, guys - I was optimistic that I would have a life in the final weeks and then peacefully chill throughout summer, but I got a job - a pretty flexible one so I am not complaining - and my muse and energy levels are down. As well, I'm about to start taking on more responsibilities and university and fun stuff like that.

I didn't mean for this to be a b'awww excuse post but it seems to be turning into one. All I can say is that I am sorry. As usual, I got overexcited and then went in over my head.

This did go a lot better than the previous incarnations, and I learned a lot - and I definitely had fun, which was the original goal. I sincerely hope you guys also enjoyed the run.

And will enjoy the next incarnation when I delude myself into thinking I have free time.

Back
Top Bottom