• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[11] Negrek vs RK-9 (Ref: Meowth)

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
1 vs 1
DQ Time: 3 Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills, direct healers
Terrain: Castelia City Square

Castelia City is the gateway to Unova, its port welcoming trainers from around the world. Today those trainers include a fair number from Asber, turned out to compete or spectate on the first round of the League Championship. The city square at the center of Castelia has been reserved for the first round of battle, its broad cobbled expanse providing plenty of room to fight and the central fountain offering a refuge for pokémon that would rather swim than stand. Skyscrapers rise on all sides, framing the scene with the imposing prosperity of Castelia City.

More than just Asber's own trainers have turned out for the battles, though; plenty of curious Castelia residents and tourists mill about the rim of the arena, hoping to catch a few exciting battles. To ensure that they don't go unsatisfied, the regional authorities have generously--and forcefully--provided some of Unova's most powerful pokémon for the trainers to test-drive and show off for the crowd. Unfortunately, with the number of battles that need to be run through before the TCoD League's lease on the square expires, some of the fights might have to be truncated a bit.

For this battle, you will be using a pokémon on loan from the Unova League. Your choices are below. The first player will get first pick of pokémon, and the second will make their pick and then attack as usual. This match will be capped at five rounds. If both pokémon are still standing at the end of round five, the pokémon's health and energy will be added together and the one with the most will be declared the winner.

The pokémon:

Eelektross (M) <Levitate>
Crustle (F) <Shell Armor>
Cinccino (F) <Cute Charm>
Beheeyem (M) <Telepathy>

1. Negrek chooses a pokémon
2. RK-9 chooses a pokémon and attacks
3. Negrek attacks

Whoa mega sorry I was in my cottage! I pick Eelektross!7

Edit: I better attack too!

Let's be mean.

Attract,Double team (4 copies), Brick Break

(side note: I love how ciccino can't taunt because it's so lovely <3)

Okay, Ida, let's get down to business. Start out by closing your eyes and bellowing out a hyper voice to drown out that eel's attempts at seduction. Then wait for him to use double team and show him some love with an encore. Finish off by showing him how worked up you are over his double teaming.

Of course, if you actually do end up attracted somehow, you'll be sincere with all your clapping and getting worked up but, hey... be sincere, then, I guess.

Hyper Voice (eyes closed) ~ Encore (double team) ~ Work Up

Even for an enormous city, Castelia's streets are abnormally crowded as hordes of eager spectators flock to the port to witness the arrival of a large, important-looking ship. On it are dozens of trainers from the far-off Asber region, who, having promised the Unovan officials that they do not have any tendency to utterly destroy any arena they battle on whatsoever, have been cordially invited to hold their annual tournament in Unova. The ship docks, and the trainers on board eagerly pour out and begin taking in the sights, before eventually they are rounded up into the city square to begin the first round of battles.

One by one, the Asber League's head referee calls off pairs of trainers, until eventually she and RK-9 are left. The referee appointed to oversee their match steps forward, offering a selection of local Pokémon rented specially for this tournament. After a moment of pondering, Negrek selects a female Cinccino, who she names Ida, and when RK-9's turn comes, they snatch up an Eelektross. Their choices made, the trainers take their positions and send out their rental Pokémon, who carefully inspect their temporary owners before preparing themselves for battle.

=ROUND ONE=
Negrek (Ɵ)
cinccino
Ida (F)
Ability: Cute Charm
Health: 100% | Energy: 100%
Mood: gazing in wonder at all the enormous buildings.

RK-9 (Ɵ)
eelektross
Eelektross (M)
Ability: Levitate
Health: 100% | Energy: 100%
Mood: "stupid rat. This won't take long".
Attract ~ Double team (4 copies) ~ Brick Break

With Ida idly examining the curtain of enormous, impressive buildings encircling the battleground, Eelektross takes the opportunity to move first, cringing as he remembers his command. Attract? However is he, a huge, creepy eel, ever supposed to make that work on a fluffy little chinchilla? He shrugs, deciding to give it a try anyway; here goes nothing, he thinks as he floats his way over to Ida, awkwardly blurting out something about liking her big tufts of fluff or something- but before he can even finish his first sentence, Ida suddenly lets out a tremendous, ear-splitting scream, assaulting the unsuspecting Eelektross' senses with astonishingly powerful soundwaves. As dangerously-trembling window panes in the background clatter to a halt, Eelektross stops cowering and prepares his counterattack, still rubbing his claw against the side of his head. So much for that, he winces.

She gazes at Eelektross for several minutes, apparently waiting for him to make another move. Eelektross regards her with suspicion, expecting another trap of some kind, but nonetheless seizes the opportunity, reasoning that if he uses it just right he can counteract whatever Ida has planned. His skin crackling with static, he begins to swoop around the square in wide circles, growing faster and faster with each lap. He eventually becomes a mere blur whirling around through the air, before abruptly stopping right before Ida, accompanied by four identical copies of himself. To his astonishment, the Cinccino lets out a cry of joy, apparently very impressed with Eelektross' trick, and she turns to what she assumes is the real one and begins applauding and cheering at him. However much she rejoices, however, the Eelektross fails to respond. She frowns, puzzled; maybe she picked the wrong one after all? Suddenly, its cover blown, the copy vanishes into the ether, much to Ida's (and its creator's) disappointment.

Ignoring her embarrasing slip-up, Ida simply continues her cheerleading, shouting and clapping and generally getting very excited. Eelektross suddenly notices he has her completely unawares; now would be a great time to strike. When the Cinccino closes her eyes to let out a particularly emphatic whoop, Eelektross rushes forward, swinging his claw down with brick-crushing force and slamming it into Ida's head. Her squeal of joy becomes a shrill cry of pain, the blow sending her crashing face-first into the pavement with a rather painful-sounding thwock. Groaning with pain, she stares up in fury at Eelektross, who flashes her a smug fish-grin; that'll teach her to spurn him!

Negrek (Ɵ)
cinccino
Ida (F)
Health: 88% | Energy: 86%
Mood: "why you gotta harsh my mellow, man. also ouch".
Condition: +1 Attack, +1 Sp. Attack.

RK-9 (Ɵ)
eelektross
Eelektross (M)
Health: 88% | Energy: 87%
Mood: "serves you right".
Condition: has three clones.
Attract ~ Double team (4 copies) ~ Brick Break

=REFEREE'S NOTES=
~ Encore was used on a clone.

=TURN ORDER=
~ Negrek attacks
~ RK-9 attacks

Last edited:
The idea was that Ida would wait until Eelektross would start trying to attract her before moving; wouldn't make much sense otherwise, am I right?

Okay, Ida, I should have thought about how the clones would work with encore. Other than that, good job!

Swift all the way. If Eelektross goes for a zap cannon, use protect, but never twice in a row--switch back to swift if he zap cannons twice in a row. As before, if he tries to seduce you with his fishy charms, close your eyes and drown him out with hyper voice.

Swift / Protect / Hyper Voice x 3

okay so

A)

don't seduce him

B) Zap Cannon twice

got it

ZAP CANNON x2, THUNDERBOLT FOR SOME BADASS STAB DAMAGE

=ROUND TWO=
Negrek (Ɵ)
cinccino.png

Ida (F)
Health: 88% | Energy: 86%
Mood: "why you gotta harsh my mellow, man. also ouch".
Swift/Protect/Hyper Voice ~ Swift/Protect/Hyper Voice ~ Swift/Protect/Hyper Voice

RK-9 (Ɵ)
eelektross.png

Eelektross (M)
Health: 88% | Energy: 87%
Mood: "serves you right".
Condition: has three clones.
Zap Cannon ~ Zap Cannon ~ Thunderbolt

Again, an awkward silence descends over the battle as the participants eye each other warily. Eelektross gives an annoyed hiss as he realises Ida is waiting for him to make a move; that never seems to end well for him. Regardless, he rises to her bait once more. Electrical energy crackles across the surface of him and each of his clones, the yellow spots on their body glowing as a spherical mass of electrical energy forms in each of their gaping mouths. The orbs grow larger and larger until they completely fill the Eelektross' mouths, by which point they can no longer sustain them, and they release the enormous bolts of charge at Ida with a momentous kzzzzak. They each erupt into blinding flashes of yellow light and deafening bangs just before colliding with the Cinccino, bursting against a shimmering energy shield put up by Ida. The unharmed chinchilla dissipates her forcefield with a malicious smirk at Eelektross and his compatriots, which they reply to with an infuriated grimace.

They don't let Ida's defensive manouevres put them off, however; almost immediately their bodies fire up with elctricity again, generating another immense warhead of electrical power, gathering as much charge as they can in each of their mouths. Determined to hit the mark, they charge a little too much; the missile becomes so huge and unstable they can barely control it, and though they finally wrangle it around to point in Ida's general direction, the Cinccino easily hops out of the way, launching a flurry of star-shaped objects into the air. The stars glide gracefully skyward and plunge toward Eelektross, slicing clean through his clones and destroying them before hurtling around to slam into the one remaining Eelektross, exploding against his hide in a burst of light.

Eelektross snarls and rubs sorely at the nicks in his flesh left by the stars. He decides to quit it with the overpowered, unpredictable crap and wear Ida down with good old predictable thunderbolts, his yellow patches flaring up yellow once more as electricity arcs across his body. He reaches a crackling claw in Ida's direction and discharges a concentrated beam of energy, striking her with a tremendous bang almost akin to a thunderclap as electricity courses through her flailing body.

Her fur sticking up and blackened, the Cinccino snarls in rage. How dare Eelektross ruin her beautiful fur! This battle was kind of fun until now, but now it's just gotten personal. Raising her paw, she summons another horde of stars and hurls them at Eelektross, who, thinking quickly, ducks and lets the stars sail fruitlessly over his head. He chuckles meanly, turning his gaze to watch them go, when all of a sudden a huge one slams into his chest. He lets out a splutter, winded by the blow, as the rest of the stars careen back towards him and pepper every inch of his body. The eel lets out a groan of pain and collapses to the ground, clutching the massive bruise on his chest; that ought to smart for a while.

Negrek (Ɵ)
cinccino.png

Ida (F)
Health: 78% | Energy: 65%
Mood: smoothing down her fur furiously.
Protect ~ Swift ~ Swift

RK-9 (Ɵ)
eelektross.png

Eelektross (M)
Health: 66% | Energy: 67%
Mood: "urk".
Condition: none
Zap Cannon ~ Zap Cannon ~ Thunderbolt

=REFEREE'S NOTES=
~ Ida's commands required her to wait for Eelektross on every action this round.
~ the second Zap Cannon missed.
~ the second Swift was a critical hit.

=TURN ORDER=
~ RK-9 attacks
~ Negrek attacks

Screw you Cinccino. :V

Lets see here... Use Zap Cannon twice and Rain Dance. Use Protect if Cinccino tries to hit YOU. (not twice in a row though) If Cinccino tries to use protect against a Zap Cannon, use Hone Claws

ZAP CANNON/PROTECT/HONE CLAWS, ZAP CANNON/PROTECT/HONE CLAWS, RAIN DANCE/PROTECT

(( I'm just wondering how Ida burned 21% energy last round... I think the only way that would happen is if protect cost > 10% energy. Is that right? I doubt it matters, but I want to know if I want to really avoid using it in the future! ))

Great job, Ida! We'll run rings around that scary eelectric fish guy! Start off with a double team to make six clones; with an attack as inaccurate as zap cannon, there's no way he's going to hit you! (She said, thus jinxing herself.) And I'd really love to see Eelektross burn more energy on pointless zap cannons--now I think an encore wouldn't go amiss. Wait until he's used his second zap cannon, then clap your heart out for it. Finish off by showing him your appreciation with a pretty display of swift stars. Not your fault if they get a little out of control and cut him up, right?

If you *have* been hit by a zap cannon as of the last action, use facade instead.

Double Team (6 clones) ~ Encore (zap cannon) ~ Swift / Facade

Posting because I'm gonna be inactive tommorow, saturday and sunday

=ROUND THREE=
Negrek (Ɵ)
cinccino.png

Ida (F)
Health: 78% | Energy: 65%
Mood: smoothing down her fur furiously.
Double Team (6 clones) ~ Encore ~ Swift / Facade

RK-9 (Ɵ)
eelektross.png

Eelektross (M)
Health: 66% | Energy: 67%
Mood: "urk".
Condition: none
Zap Cannon/Protect/Hone Claws ~ Zap Cannon/Protect/Hone Claws ~ Rain Dance/Protect

Frantically smoothing her singed, untidy fur, Ida finds her efforts to be to no avail, and gives Eelektross a furious snarl. Her beautiful coat is ruined! Much as she relishes the thought of making her foe pay for doing this to her, she recognises that the first priority is preventing him from causing any more damage. The rodent takes off sprinting around the square, dashing round and round the fountain at an unbelievable pace, finally skidding to a halt with six identical copies following alongside her.

Having recovered from the rather heavy blow Ida inflicted last round, Eelektross gives a frustrated growl as his beady eyes scan the troupe of Idas lined up before him, trying desperately to pick out the right target. Zap Cannon's inaccurate enough with just one target to aim at; how is he possibly going to hit her now?! With an exasperated snarl, he quickly charges up a bundle of electrical energy and hurls it at a Cinccino at random; predictably, it shreds right through its target as thought it wasn't there, destroying it.With a shriek of fury, Eelektross immediately tries again, focusing the orb of energy until it swells to the largest size he can manage and then hurling it viciously at his opponents with a savage hiss. Ida flinches along with her clones as she feels the sizzling ball of energy rip straight through the clone just next to her.

Furious at missing for the third time in a row, Eelektross lets out a bellow of anger. However, his cursing is quickly drowned out by a chorus of joyous shouting, clapping and whistling from the six remaining Idas. The eel is baffled; were they impressed by his big, flashy Zap Cannon? His rage dissolves as he slithers forward through the air, regarding his apparent groupies curiously. Slightly flattered, he again lights up as electricity arcs across his hide, converging into yet another great mass of sparks in his maw. The cheering grows wilder in response as the orb grows larger, and Eelektross holds it in for the Cinccinos to admire until he can no longer hold onto its sheer potency. With a tremendous grunt, he lets the great round of energy blast from his jaws and strike one of the chinchillas before him, which phases out of existence like the two before it.

Ida smirks mischeivously. The stupid brute fell for her charms, and now it's time to back up her deception and reward his flashy attacks with a firework show. Each of the four remaining Cinccinos raises a paw, which begin to sparkle with Normal-type energy, summoning a horde of star-shaped entities that pirouette gracefully into the air. Eelektross gives another creepy fish-smile as they cluster around him and begin to dance around his body in a helical pattern, drifting lazily toward and away from him as they go. The stars soon reveal their true nature, however, as after a few repeats of this pattern they suddenly stop dead in the air above him and drop onto his head with their spiky edges. The Eelektross hisses in pain as the blades shred his skin and disappear in a bright flash of light, then whips round to face Ida and her clones with a snarl; when he sees their sweet, encouraging smiles, however, he concludes that face-cutting was all probably just an accident.

Negrek (Ɵ)
cinccino.png

Ida (F)
Health: 78% | Energy: 52%
Mood: "what a dumba- er I mean yaaaaay!~<3".
Condition: +1 Attack, +1 Sp. Attack, has three clones.
Double Team (6 clones) ~ Encore ~ Swift

RK-9 (Ɵ)
eelektross.png

Eelektross (M)
Health: 58% | Energy: 43%
Mood: feeling a little run down.
Condition: Encored (2 more actions).
Zap Cannon ~ Zap Cannon ~ Zap Cannon

=REFEREE'S NOTES=
~ Protect burned exactly 10% energy to block Zap Cannon. My scale is pretty liberal on energy usage and the second Swift cost a bit extra for scoring a critical, so that's where I got 21% from.

=TURN ORDER=
~ Negrek attacks
~ RK-9 attacks

I dont know if I should announce this, but A) I'm back and B) Around 15 hour DQ warning for ''neg'' Negrek

Last edited:
*pops in*

Negrek recently posted in the Absence Sheet, and it is usually the referee's job to post DQ Warnings. And Negrek is a SHE!

*pops out*

YES NEGREK THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MESS AROUND PRONOUNS
Oh, no! Someone referred to me by the pronoun that I put in the preferred pronoun field! It's almost as though I put it there with the intent that it be used or something. What is this madness?!

This is at least the second time that you've felt the need to comment on my preferred pronoun. Just what exactly is your problem?

Moving on.

You're doing great, Ida! Get worked up over all those zap cannons, then wait for the final one to fly and nail Eelektross with a return--I bet you're feeling pretty good by now. If one of those zap cannons actually hit you, make it a facade instead.

On the final action, let's take this battle underground. Dig (down).

Work Up ~ Return / Facade ~ Dig (down)

Back
Top Bottom