• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Crazy Linoone vs. Wargle

.....right. Completely forgot about the burn OTL

Okay Blazhy, it's time for some energy restoration~ Chill x2 and finish off by Thief-ing the Expert Belt from your enemy. If the aerodactyl is about to use Taunt, use your superior speed and Taunt it before it can taunt you, then sit back and Chillax for the rest of the round.

Chill/Taunt ~ Chill/Taunt ~ Chill/Taunt/Thief

1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Other: Aerodactyls only. Also, trainers don't have to worry about running out of air because Word of God said so.

Round 10

Crazy Linoone (O)
Currently out: Blazhy
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Ability: Pressure
Signature Attribute: Mechanical Dragon
Health: 68%
Energy: 20%
Condition: Barely withholding the rage.
Commands: Chill/Taunt ~ Chill/Taunt ~ Thief/Chill/Taunt

Blazhy's Substitute
Health: 3%

Wargle (O)
Currently out: Xero
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Hold Item: Expert Belt
Health: 34%
Energy: 57%
Status: Paralyzed (Severe), Attracted (Light). Special Attack 4-.
Condition: And the oregano, too!
Commands: Chill ~ Chill ~ Thief

Arena: Jar of Air (Cookie Flavor)
It's a jar. Filled with cookie-scented air.

Is there really anything else to say about it?

The jar itself is large -- about three wailords in diameter and three wailords high, or high enough to Fly -- and made of some sort of clear, see-through material. While the material looks like glass and feels like glass and, in all essence, is glass, it's somehow unbreakable. The top of the jar is closed with an air-tight metal lid, to keep all the air inside the jar inside and the air outside the jar, out.

(How the trainers will get out might cause some problems, but there's been weirder arenas in ASBer, so it shouldn't cause that much of a problem.)

The best part? The air inside smells like cookies. The aroma of delicious, sweet, freshly baked cookies, right out of the oven, fills the jar, making anyone who takes a whiff start salivating like there's no tomorrow.

A pokemon can spend one action to take a deep breath of the delicious, cookie-scented air, which will energize the pokemon, restoring 5% energy and giving it a +1 boost in a random stat.

Too bad there's no actual cookies though.
Arena status: The bottom of the bottle is mildly damp.

-----​

The two battlers were becoming increasily battered as the fighting intensified, and the trainers took it as a cue to get boring again.

For the most part of the round, the two battlers, begrudgingly or otherwise, sat down and relaxed. At some point along the way, Xero's mind wandered away from rest and straight into delightful pizza. Hmmm. Tasty.

While he noticed not a thing around him, Blazhy approached stealthily (possibly through use of ninjatoes) and, completely unbeknownst to him, snatched the sash tied around his torso. Only would he realize something happened when she smacked him upside the head as she flew away.

The natural Aerodactyl rushed to regain his item of possession, but the Substitute used every last bit of fight it had to stop that. Of course, it had very little fight left, and it was dealt with swiftly. But, by the time that happened, the end of round was called as Crazy Linoone tied the plunder around the mechanical dragon.

Round 10 – End

Crazy Linoone (O)
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Health: 65%
Energy: 36%
Condition: Nice cloth, sucker.
Performed: Chill ~ Chill ~ Thief

Wargle (O)
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Health: 32%
Energy: 67%
Condition: GIVE IT BACK.
Performed: Chill ~ Fully attracted ~ Thief​

Additional notes:
- Xero was both fully attracted AND paralyzed at the second action. That was also a huge waste of a 1.
- Wargle attacks first next round.

>=C

GIVE EET BACK

Theif until it works, chill it protects, and if it has a hidden Sub, Kill it.

Thief/Chill/Heat Wave x3-

If your substitute isn't hidden, it means that the aerodactyl won't try to kill it, right? And what is the aerodactyl supposed to kill your sub with, anyway? His trainer didn't specify, so he should be pretty confused when we put up our 15% Substitute in plain sight.

After that, Chill if it had does anything other than Heat Wave during the previous action. If it did use Heat Wave, Captivate.

Finish off with an Expert-Belt-boosted Iron Tail. Make sure to aim. In fact, if you have to wait for the aerodactyl to attack you first so you can aim better, do it. Go ahead and take whatever time you need to make sure your attack hits.

Substitute (15%) ~ Chill/Captivate ~ Iron Tail

1vs1 single
Other: Aerodactyls only. Also, trainers don't have to worry about running out of air because Word of God said so.

Round 11

Crazy Linoone (O)
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Health: 65%
Energy: 36%
Condition: Nice cloth, sucker.
Commands: Substitute (15%) ~ Chill/Captivate ~ Iron Tail

Wargle (O)
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Energy: 67%
Condition: GIVE IT BACK.
Commands: Thief/Chill/Heat Wave ~ Thief/Chill/Heat Wave ~ Thief/Chill/Heat Wave

The jar itself is large -- about three wailords in diameter and three wailords high, or high enough to Fly -- and made of some sort of clear, see-through material. While the material looks like glass and feels like glass and, in all essence, is glass, it's somehow unbreakable. The top of the jar is closed with an air-tight metal lid, to keep all the air inside the jar inside and the air outside the jar, out.

(How the trainers will get out might cause some problems, but there's been weirder arenas in ASBer, so it shouldn't cause that much of a problem.)

The best part? The air inside smells like cookies. The aroma of delicious, sweet, freshly baked cookies, right out of the oven, fills the jar, making anyone who takes a whiff start salivating like there's no tomorrow.

A pokemon can spend one action to take a deep breath of the delicious, cookie-scented air, which will energize the pokemon, restoring 5% energy and giving it a +1 boost in a random stat.

-----​

Controversy over the stupid piece of sash rose. Little by little, the event drifted away from a fight and became more of an exchange of sneakery.

Knowking full well that attempts to get the Expert Belt back would be made, Blazhy, becoming progressively sick of the repetitious process, clawed out another slice of the lid, molding it and giving it life energy.

Seeing this happen, Xero knew what he had to do. He was supposed to attack any hidden Substitutes savagely, and that was the most devious move of them all: the decoy was hidden in plain sight! With no hesitation, he began flapping his wings. He should have hesitated more, though, because his aim was way off.

Hesitation was to come inevitably, however, as the mechanical dragon made desperate pleas not to have the poor metallic thing destroyed... And reminded him of what was at stake. Namely, that pizza. This did little towards stopping the Heat Wave attack, but by the time it rolled in, its user was very distracted.

While her Substitute was engaged, Crazy Linoone's Pokémon saw a perfcet opportunity to strike. It was meant to be flawless, with absolutely no room for a miss. Tiny dispensers threw open along her tail, dripping a quickly solidifying liquid. Then, with a powerful charge, she flipped downards and let it rip.

... And then the target, by pure ass-backwards chance, flew away at the very last moment. There was no way to cut the movement sharp at that point; the Iron Tail attack ended up landing on the foot of the one who commanded it instead. Now both trainers had terrible footache! Eye for eye, foot for foot.

During the last few moments of the round, Xero finally managed to melt all of the Substitue. He eyed his Expert Belt eagerly, and then started to think it kinda looked like a pizza border, extra toasty. Hmmm.

Round 11 – End

Crazy Linoone (O)
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Health: 50%
Energy: 18%
Condition: OTL
Performed: Substitute (15%) ~ Captivate ~ Iron Tail (Missed)

Wargle (O)
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Energy: 46%
Condition: Eye on the prize, mind on the other prize.
Performed: Heat Wave (Missed) ~ Heat Wave ~ Heat Wave​

Additional notes:
- Causing Heat Wave not to be used due to the strange wording of the commands is tempting, but not exactly fair, I guess. If you wanted a loophole to exploit, you could have tried the fact that no commands were given for the unlikely occasion that Thief actually worked.
- I was going to deliberate on how well trying to aim Iron Tail would work. Then I accidentally clicked the randomizer and it gave me a flat 100. I suppose that's a no.
- Heat Wave on the third action broke the Substitute.
- Crazy Linoone attacks first next round.

asdfasdfasdf

did not see this

will post commands soonish; don't DQ meeeeeee

EDIT: Before I command, can you tell me use which scale you use to calculate damage and stuff? According to Kratos's, Heat Wave at -6 isn't going to do as much damage as you had it deal, and I kinda want the numbers for command calculation purposes. If you want to keep it a secret, then uh nevermind I'll just go in a sleep-deprived corner over there I'm not making any sense anymore wheee

Last edited:
EDIT: Before I command, can you tell me use which scale you use to calculate damage and stuff? According to Kratos's, Heat Wave at -6 isn't going to do as much damage as you had it deal, and I kinda want the numbers for command calculation purposes. If you want to keep it a secret, then uh nevermind I'll just go in a sleep-deprived corner over there I'm not making any sense anymore wheee
I use Negrek's scale (and not the updated one, for consistency's sake; I'm only using the new scale for battles I picked up after the update), often with a personal twist or two.

Okay, that makes sense.

Well, that's not fun. Time for some Chilling and Iron Head spamming.

Chill if the aerodactyl can't be hit due to anything besides a Substitute, and also if it has a Reflect up; otherwise, Iron Head. Chill during the second action if you can't use Iron Head due to Torment or any other reason not previously stated. Iron Head during the second action if you can't use Chill due to Torment or any other reason. If you can't use either Chill or Iron Head, Thunder Fang and aggravate that aerodactyl's paralysis.

Screw everything and Chill if the aerodactyl is using Bide.

Chill/Iron Head/Thunder Fang ~ Chill/Iron Head/Thunder Fang ~ Chill/Iron Head/Thunder Fang

30% flinch chance go go go *RNGodshrine* *RNGodshrine* *RNGodshrine*

1vs1 single

Round 12

Crazy Linoone (O)
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Energy: 18%
Condition: OTL
Commands: Chill/Iron Head/Thunder Fang ~ Chill/Iron Head/Thunder Fang ~ Chill/Iron Head/Thunder Fang

Wargle (O)
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Energy: 46%
Condition: Eye on the prize, mind on the other prize.
Commands: Taunt ~ Chill ~ Bide

-----​

The trainers grew increasinly antsy as the match went ownards. They were closer to the finish line than they imagined.

Again on the offesive, Blazhy began another aerial assault, diving headfirst into Xero continuosly. He started to put into action his trainer's plan. He began harping on about how sash thieves like her never get the maple syrup in the end.

Enraged by the thought, the mechanical dragon made her attacks even more vicious. With a smirk, the natural Aerodactyl tried to clear a distance, but the nonstop headbutt storm had the better of him.

Each strike had the situation going direr. If he didn't act fast, it would all be over. He started to focus, trying desperately to initiate a Bide attack... But then his muscles started to cramp badly, causing him to lose balance and be struck dead-on by one last Iron Head.

The defeated fossil Pokémon cracked the wall of the bottle as he was hurled into it. With a cry, one that sounded like a mixture of roaring and whimpering, he fell towards the ground, thinking of pizza last as his conscience faded.

Showing sportsmanship (or minimal decency), Crazy Linoone untied the Expert Belt from Blazhy, handing it back to Wargle before both Aerodactyl were recalled. The prizes were discussed, and then, with the smell of cookies gone because of the crack on the jar, the three teleported away through an Abra.

Later, a gigantic homeowner would have a huge WTF moment over the arena damage.

Round 12 – End

Crazy Linoone (O)
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Energy: 3%
Status: Burned (Light). Speed 2+, Special Attack 2-. Under effects of Taunt (1 more action).
Condition: Eagerly awaiting a reward in maple syrup.
Performed: Iron Head ~ Iron Head ~ Iron Head

Wargle (X)
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Health: 0%
Energy: 44%
Condition: Wondering if there is pizza in the end.
Performed: Taunt ~ Flinch ~ Fully paralyzed​

Additional notes:
- When you have a 30% chance of causing flinching, rolling a 1 is just overkill. Specially when it would be altogether inconsequential.
- Amusingly, without the Expert Belt, Blazhy would not have managed to score the knockout this round.

Well, that's it. Blazhy gets 2 exp, Xero gets 1 exp, Crazy Linoone gets $8, I get $5, Wargle gets $3.

NO SYRUP FOR YOU.

Good game Linoone. I am still a noob at battling. This is my first complete battle.

Back
Top Bottom