• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Database Error?

o_O

Will come sporadically. (Did I spell that right?)
Did anyone just try and go somewhere on TCoD forums but get a "Database Error"? Just interested.

Re: Random Thing....

I did when trying to go and see a topic. Let's just hope the big bag fourm crasher doesn't come again.

It's probably just a too many connections error or something lame like that.

I dunno about just now, but I got one yesterday (6ish?) when trying to reply to what I think was Kratos' art thread. After a panic filled "Oh my God the forums are gonna crash again D:" moment, everything worked again :3

Surely this should be in Forum Discussion?

Either way, that was midnight for me, so... nope.

I dunno about just now, but I got one yesterday (6ish?) when trying to reply to what I think was Kratos' art thread. After a panic filled "Oh my God the forums are gonna crash again D:" moment, everything worked again :3
That's so weird. Because that happened when I was going to reply to Kratos' thread too! Wow~ Amazing coincedence~ I thought the same thing, Dannichu~

It happened to me before the big forum crash, so I didn't care. ^^

It happens periodically and nearly always means that Toucan Sam is messing with things.

Don't bother posting about it.

Actually, this is exactly the same error that I was trying to fix when I managed to delete the previous database. It's a too many connections error, yes, although there shouldn't be that many connections.

No wonder the database has errors. Y'all are always expecting too much of it, always putting pressure on it to be a perfect database. Well, databases have feelings too, y'know! :(

[seriously guys, it's not a big deal really, and if it were, you'd be able to tell because all the data would be gone]

Yeah, I know. Butterfree's doing a great job with both the forums and the site, and I didn't mind the short error. It got fixed quite fast, actually. I was just interested if somebody else got a Database Error like me.

Actually, this is exactly the same error that I was trying to fix when I managed to delete the previous database. It's a too many connections error, yes, although there shouldn't be that many connections.
Huh.

Doesn't it still send you an email every time people get it?

OK, just experienced a shorter one right now. Didn't mind it, though.

Back
Top Bottom