• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Weird coincidence from the IF forums

Autumn

bye
Pronoun
she
From IF TCoD when the forums were being moved.

Lady Butterfree said:
Okay, what the hell is up with a bunch of people having registered at the new forums last night?

I enabled registrations for testing purposes. I figured, "Hey, they all know we're going to be doing pre-registrations and stuff. It will be fine. I'll just do a bit of testing and then disable them again."

But nooooo, of course I can't do that. Of course nobody figured, "Okay, she's probably testing it." You just went ahead and made your nice new accounts. Happy happy joy joy. Except you didn't get an activation e-mail. Oops.

Guess what? You screwed everything up. The pre-registrations, the user-specified member IDs, the whole thing. Why the heck did you register? Do you think I'd open the new forums without telling anybody with those ridiculous threads still in there and no forum rules written?

Forget it. Forget about your nice little own member IDs.

And you people who registered, I'm still wondering whether I should delete your accounts or just threaten you with death if you dare start posting before the forums are opened.

Shame on you all.

original page

I find this pretty weird. o.o (if you don't know, the exact same thing happened when these forums were opened. :/)

EDIT: wait wait what I actually posted in that thread? But I thought I was one of the members who prematurely joined.

... No, wait. I joined three days later. The forums officially opened in June. -_-;

Last edited:
Re: Not sure if this could go anywhere else but meh.

...eh? What? I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this. o_O Why is this ironic? Why does it matter now?

you titled your thread with a self-deprecating note that you don't know where to put your thread?

what the hell come on

Perhaps not, but it was the word she used. Did it effectively create a contrast between what is and what ought to be? :o

that's not irony ):<

I didn't know what else to call it :[

Eevee said:
you titled your thread with a self-deprecating note that you don't know where to put your thread?

The title meaning I wasn't sure if it would be considered spam or something when I posted it. Really unclear, sorry. *goes to change*

Spaekle Oddberry said:
I think the irony is in how that compares with this.

That's right.

I just found it really odd that the same thing happened last time (and I completely forgot about it xD).

Re: o.O This is weird...

This title is no better, to be honest. It still says nothing about what the thread contains.

It would be more ironic if I'd said something completely the opposite, but as it is it's just a nice example of me being consistent and the members not learning. :P

Back
Top Bottom