• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hardest pokemon to catch in third generation games?

Latios was evil. I wasted my Master Ball on Groudon (I was a noob. Shut up.) and I had to train a Wobbeffet up to level 40 and track Latios down via the Pokenav. Then I lobbed more than 40 Ultra and Timer Balls at him, all without luck. Then the Lations Struggled to death so I had to restart the game... -_-

It was horrible.

After playing through Ruby again, I have to take back my "Rayquaza wasn't that hard" comment.

That thing was a pain in the ass to catch with just Ultra Balls, especially since I didn't have any sleep-inducing attacks. I had a Breloom with Stun Spore, but paralysis doesn't boost the catch rate quite as much as Sleep does, and then Rayquaza would always use Rest... then my Tentacruel's Ice Beams did too much damage to risk using two in a row while it was asleep, and none of the attacks my other Pokémon had could knock it down into the red before it woke up. Still not sure how I managed to catch the thing, but I eventually did.

And somehow, in the same playthrough, I randomly ran into Latios (the first time I've ever seen either Latios or Latias) in the water while surfing away from Rayquaza's tower... and fortunately, I still had the Master Ball that I hadn't used on Rayquaza.

NOSEPASS.

I have had Ruby for like, what, 5 years, and I still can't find the damn thing.

For me, the tough to find would be Skitty, Chimecho, Pikachu, and Heracross. Sometimes easy Pokemon like Wingull or Zigzagoon would take me a while. (Those would be my unlucky days...>_<) Yes, Pikachu's hard for some reason for me to find in the Safari Zone....darn things.

Tough to capture would obviously be the legendaries, though sometimes I'd get a break or two. In Emerald I just used my Master Ball on Rayquaza, traded another Master Ball from another game and used the Clone Items trick to clone it. That was how I caught the rest of em'. Latias/Latios I just wait patiently for. I just assume they'll come when I'm walking in some random area (which they do).

Feebas was very, very hard to find. I tried it one day, then gave up. But I got a lucky break: When we were visiting my cousin, he had like, 10 OF THEM in his Emerald. I begged him to give me one, but I had to give up one of my Pokemon for it. I don't remember what it was, but it was probably worth it.

In Ruby and Sapphire, what I said above holds true. However, my Emerald is pretty lucky. All the Pokemon that were hard to find were very, very EASY to find. (Green=Lucky??)

I generally don't find legendaries that hard to catch as you only need a few Pokemon on your team who can paralyse, freeze or put them to sleep. Also, a Pokemon with False Swipe always helps. I used to love catching legendaries with Pokeballs as a challenge, especially those with Recover moves.

But the Pokemon I find hardest to catch are the ones in the Safari Zone. You can't battle them, I've never worked out how to use the Bait/Rock options properly and most of the rare ones flee as soon as you do anything.

One word - Rayquaza. I spent like two months trying to catch it... After about three hours straight on the 30th or so day, I ran out of Ultra Balls. I threw a Great Ball in frustration, and randomly caught it. o_O The Regis and Latias were also pretty hard to catch as well. In fact, I never caught Latias until I restarted and saved the Master Ball for it. >_> Of course, that was before I was too stupid to use status problems.

Oddly, I caught Moltres in a regular Poké Ball in Fire Red after getting it to red zone HP, paralyzing it (I think) and using up half of my Ultra Balls.

I don't know if I answered before, but it really depends on your Pokemon. When I fought Groudon in Ruby, I had to try about ten times with fifteen Ultra Balls because I only had two strong Pokemon, but in my Leaf Green file, I managed to catch Articuno in a Great Ball, and that was about the third Pokeball I threw. I also caught Zapdos in a Great Ball and Moltres in a Pokeball. o_O

I guess luck and your Pokemon compared to the Pokemon you're fighting (not necessarily legendary :P ) play a big part.

Meh. oddly enough, my (ex-) pokemon obsessed friend was right about ryquaza- I used a pokeball on it when it had half health, and clicked the A and B buttoms like mad, and it made some glitch that made Rayquaza get captured. I had one pokymon left, my best one(then)- Blaziken. Latios is the hardes,t since I wated my masta ball on groudon(yes its ruby edition.)

On m ruby and saphire (I had bolth)
Chimecio: A week I hunted for that bastard!
Feebas: This i didn't even try. My brother caught a feebas and i traded for my chimecho's baby.
Regirock/Regice/Registeel: I didn't find hard. Mabye i had too much fun getting them (I was obsessed with them).
Rayquazya: Two words Master Ball
And the winner is Lati@s
it took me a LONG Time for them but i got lucky once.

Why hasnt any one brought up HO-OH? (if collesum counts)

Feebas are EASY to catch. Caught like 20 of them for trading.

Took me a year to find the spot, though.

The Lati aren't half bad. Something with Mean Look then either Quick Ball or Timer Ball. I've never used a Master Ball in my life.

Meh. oddly enough, my (ex-) pokemon obsessed friend was right about ryquaza- I used a pokeball on it when it had half health, and clicked the A and B buttoms like mad, and it made some glitch that made Rayquaza get captured.

... actually, there is no button combination that automatically captures a Pokémon for you. According to Butterfree's capture calculator, a level 70 half health non-status Rayquaza would have had... well, less than a 1% chance of being captured in a plain Poké Ball, but it's still possible. :/

STUPIDFRICKINLATIAS

That was back in my n00b days. I used my Master Ball on a Spheal (seriously), so yeah. And I would try to fly to where ever it was. :P

Feebas is terribly hard to find, but as for catching, fairly easy.

Kyogre and Groudon are SO annoying. I just used a master ball on Rayquaza...

Skarmory was always hard for me to catch for some reason...I think i eventually caught one in an ultra ball though...

Back
Top Bottom