• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Best Sprites?

What was the best Pokemon game sprites?

• Total voters
Spr_1b_056.png

I would have to say HG/SS. They have good poses and they're very colorful. I'm mad because someone has yet to rip the sprites for the games. :angry:

I would have to say HG/SS. They have good poses and they're very colorful. I'm mad because someone has yet to rip the sprites for the games. :angry:
What? They're everywhere. On Bulbapedia, TSR, and probably many other places.

...Mine would have o be D/P. A great way to start a generation. :3

What? They're everywhere. On Bulbapedia, TSR, and probably many other places.

As soon as I wrote it, I re-looked TSR and found them. They're really great! If you look in my siggy then you can see a trainer card made with HG/SS sprites. See their colorfulness yourself.

I voted G/S/C just for Crystal. Crystal's sprites were fantastic (turning on my shiny new G/S upgrade and having Tododile dance and Chikorita swish its leaf around filled with unexplainable amounts of joy) and, as far as I'm concerned, by far the best we've ever had (accounting for what they had to work with at the time in terms of technology).
Every sprite gen had its few odd-looking sprites, but I loved Crystal's animations so, so much, and I really think that nothing we've seen since comes close. I was so sad when R/S got rid of animations, but then Emerald happened and I wish they'd stayed un-animated, especially since they continued with the horrible expanding and flashing-of-other-colours as a kind of "animation" in D/P and then again in HG/SS! What the hell, Nintendo? You've already shown us you can do animations with more than one alternate pose (who can resist Rattata's little "Rawr!" and bum-wiggle, or Spearow lifting up its wing to scratch its belly?); there's absolutely no need to have the horribly jumpy/pulsating/flashy "animations" we've seen in the last three or more games.

(though, in terms of back-sprites, so many Pokemon were laughably short in G/S/C - Donphan and Raikou make me laugh every time XD)

I'd also like to say that I hate how Pikachu has lost weight in every game; it definitely looked best in Yellow, and speaking as a lifelong Pikachu fan, the HG/SS one is just apalling.

I agree, moving back and forth two pixels and flashing blue does not count as an animation, especially when you use it for all the Water-types in the game.

HG/SS is superior in almost all cases, and when it isn't, Platinum is.

Back
Top Bottom