• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

#mafia Mafia (closed)

Adriane

Super Moderator
Pronoun
she
A couple of people have asked for this, so here it is.

For those who don't know, TCoD's unofficial-official IRC has a spin-off channel, #mafia. Mafia happens here sometimes. It's just like how it happens on the forums except it's faster-paced and more controlled.

This game will attempt to emulate the style of a #mafia game through a different medium: these here forums. I am looking for 8 to ~20 players.

Some things:

• #mafia subscribes to its own role list. Many of these roles will seem familiar. Some will not. Some will seem different. Roles are added/edited for balance, variety, and ease of play (and some to have occupational-style names).
  • Nobody is a vanilla townie, ever. That is the most boring thing. The one tiny exception is the effect of the Researcher/Pharmaceutical Rep (analagous to Roleblock) and that is only temporary.
  • We do not play with sanities, bastard roles, what have you. We like a good, clean fight.
  • Out-of-thread communication not allowed.
  • Successive days of inactivity will result in death.
Questions are welcome.

Last edited:
Re: #mafia Mafia

!!!

Let's hope I figure out how scientist works before the game starts.

I can't remember if you were there when it happened, but Scientist actually split into Researcher (innocent) and Pharmaceutical Rep (mafia) now (to avoid Oracle loopholes, mostly, since everyone forgot mafia scientist did exist).

yes, and I really shouldn't have outed myself to you until after you weren't the tiebreaker anymore, either, even if you'd already guessed.

Didn't you sort of quit in the first place, though? iirc you gave up and voted yourself in the end.

EDIT: Well, is more like final place/the end, but.

Last edited:

nope, that was a last-resort attempt to do what I could have done earlier and maybe gotten away with -- get myself lynched. mind, doing it that obviously didn't really help any, but.

the reasoning was that, since nyuu was the last mafia, if I killed myself, nyuu would kill either flora, and the next day would be thrown to tiebreaker, which was certainly better odds than killing nyuu immediately. but not much to be done if nyuu was to be absent there, eh?

Code:
X8KAjNRaMkSNrR1GvDbyHESuMi74fIy+xnhAgvgo2e5IeS5mti98KUJfGCpK
sod2xRXB0KaX8p1y8+qJUf3rIsMQK8/uFeBx5VOpt7YD4n5KUavtmwTpi6NW
wNshYxkLIJ2tc8rTb7ECitVNt/m101XTfb0rcRPpaovEEKQ6gBvb1D1R91tw
CHIOKl4DxWnoqtQsIXOAc0Bu01ShNGrGe/8q/gGYclXCEmCOwUM1tCsxNpu5
SacL2KvyyFU2Qf+X96YCruxMbTI7VCY77zK5eOcxxxYAXTwdGWW2nJZ34x9Y
lzWddCMKeX7KHoE1JN2I1Tc2slBfGhH5YWebLKB75zT3XiA6WvLK8cs5D8dS
KjnyF3VUuzdlT/0ogwnI6P79+EZ3DnUOs5Oc3IAtAj6QGbbKQ8rgs1wWf3kW
IGF1YUjygSGH64sw5nsjHLdSgYENZvyHyUlUB2RRBf2KR1ogg0qWvLJJw6/q
neEh92y2/nOniBwvB33MQ3UmAeJo/+Hc43Hu5IYK2sDBxG1sJqnZdin51xie
GMSpMoEL8NwDpvA5sUlM0c5Pfp8ueAicThpNwuLV10lMboIhBEXC3S9FKefT
CYuz/deBVT0J64Vwrx4WVCSQXAF4ige3W+UZz8SpCSIpS7QP+vAOJB1C60FA