• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Go

LEVEL 15 BOÏS

seriously tho this game is the shit, and it's gotten me out to walk at least a few miles every day since it came out.

I know, right?

I took a walk up to the park by my house (there are 9 pokespots and 2 gyms there) and just walked around hunting pokemon and getting items, and when I got back, I was actually sweating, and i had a good haul. I just wish I had more data so I could play more often...

Just out of curiosity: Team Valor, Team Mystic, or Team Instinct? Im on the blue team myself...

Just out of curiosity: Team Valor, Team Mystic, or Team Instinct? Im on the blue team myself...

In the words of my sister, "you can either join Team Valor and join me in conquering the gyms...or you can join another team and we will become embroiled in eternal war."

you can probably guess which team I picked. (it was valor. half because candela has the best name)

team instinct, guys! YELLOW NOISES.

also i saw a wild arcanine for the first time and I got so excited. and then the app froze

Pokémon GO hasn't worked at all for me :(

Nothing shows up on the map, and half the time I can't even log in. I've been trying since it came out, but no luck.

Pokémon GO hasn't worked at all for me :(

Nothing shows up on the map, and half the time I can't even log in. I've been trying since it came out, but no luck.

I've been having similar problems lately, actually!

My phone is kinda goin the way of the dinosaur, though, so I assumed that was the issue

I've been in Asia for the past four weeks and will be here for another two... and there are exactly zero pokémon at all here ;__; I have a US Play Store account but I guess nothing's going on here since no official launch...

the location data definitely does exist though. according to my friend in HK, pokémon and pokéspots and stuff were showing up for like... half an hour today! :'')

So, there are 3 gyms within walking distance of my house, all of which are within 100 ft. of each other. As I write this, one is a red gym, one is a blue gym, and one is a yellow gym. The red gyms strongest pokemon is a flareon. The blue gyms strongest pokemon is a vaporeon. The yellow gyms strongest pokemon is a jolteon.

I had to tell this to someone, it was too perfect.

(Also, next and final question: what's your strongest pokemon in terms of cp? Mine is a jynx that I was lucky enough to find out of the blue)

I had a dream where I had a Jolteon with a cp level in the 800s. but as of now my strongest is a Growlithe.

^^"

I got over my phone's lack of gyroscope and started playing! My neighbourhood is barren... except for a Pokéstop at the mailboxes labelled "posh do-it-yourself mail". It's excellent.

So, there's a church by my house that got a gym assigned to it. And as I was riding my bike past it, I saw this on its sign:
rsz_1rsz_img_20160713_193624772_hdr.jpg

Needless to say, it kind of made my day.

I've hit level 15 but I'm really struggling to actually find Pokémon in the wild which aren't Rattata, Pidgey or Spearow. :( It's ok if I go to someone's lure sites – luckily there are quite a few avid players in the town centre here so there are often lures everywhere, but it is kind of inconvenient to travel all the time. :[

That said I am enjoying the walking aspect of this game! I walked 15km yesterday just for the sake of hatching eggs! I tend to walk places a lot anyway as my default mode of transport but, it's nice to have a purpose to walking which isn't "go to work", or "go to university".

What's everyone's best Pokémon in terms of CP currently? :-)

EDIT: To answer the "which team" question earlier – Team Valor! ...even though I want to spell it Valour. Joined it mostly because the lady was called Candela, which reminds me of Se Quema La Chumbumbá owing to the first lyrics opening with "Candela es...".

Last edited:
Could someone explain what CP is used for? I'm still not clear on what it is and whether you gain it from catching Pokémon or if it's a trait of the Pokémon itself like its HP?

I started playing yesterday. I took ages trying to come up with a username but they were all taken already. I wouldn't expect long welsh names like "Bendigeidfran" to have already been taken but it was!

I caught a few today and yesterday. I assume Jynx and Electabuzz aren't as rare as they were as in the original games, considering I've seen plenty of them already.

EDIT: To answer the "which team" question earlier – Team Valor! ...even though I want to spell it Valour.

I was going to join them but then I realised it was spelled wrong so I joined Mystic instead.

Could someone explain what CP is used for? I'm still not clear on what it is and whether you gain it from catching Pokémon or if it's a trait of the Pokémon itself like its HP?
It's a trait of the pokémon itself, akin to stats. Basically, it's a straightforward representation of the pokémon's level, which is technically a hidden value. "CP" stands for "Combat Power" and it can be upgraded by powering up the pokémon using stardust and candies.

CP matters only in gym battles.

I caught a few today and yesterday. I assume Jynx and Electabuzz aren't as rare as they were as in the original games, considering I've seen plenty of them already.
They're nearly impossible to find except in their specific habitats. There are certain hotspots where each of them are really common (for me, a lot of Magmar can be found around a certain lake nearby, there are a few Electabuzz spawns in my city, and Jynx can be found in abundance only at a specific park near my college).

Back
Top Bottom