• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Unexplored Jungle

*looks at the moniter* Alright, I need to either change the admission price or fix this table. You are all to dice friendly for just three bucks! I mean, even the retal items only give a +10 bonus!

Cryptica
You travel down a path, meeting several other Bug Trainers in your path, though none of them hinder you. You hear the sound of wings buzzing nearby, and stand stock still. The light glints off of a green exoskeleton, and you figure out that it's a Female Scyther. Do you catch it, or pass it by?

Alright, this is more like it. Good dice!

You keep standing still, and the scyther comes close. Then it darts away, thinking you aren't important enough to matter. You sigh, and walk due north... right into a Spinarak web! You start struggling against the powerful fibers, alerting the bug to your presence. Do you reach for your Pokeball, or try to escape the web?

You throw the Pokeball, catching it, then set it out in order to get it to cut you from the net. It looks at you quizzically, as if wondering what kind of idiot would actually walk into a net, and using Cut, cuts you from it before tapping the ball again, clearly embarrassed to have such a trainer.

Oh. Male. I was hoping for a female, but this one's not shiny, like the one in my dream was, so it doesn't matter. Anyway, I'm continuing down the path now... *whistles silently* Right?

...I have to charge you another four dollars. You only get one Pokeball. Now, if you got an item, things would be different, but you didn't, so... you want to go again, yes? Same path and everything?

Oh. Never mind the continuation. I caught the Spinarak, now I'll leave. Thanks for the fun, though. *looks in money pouch*

People without cutters, nets, or open sources of flame. At least no one has tried to go to Crystal Caves, until either someone else stumbles upon them or Verne decides to go public, no one but Verne can go.

Your totodile cuts a path through the undergrowth, and stops, transfixed, looking at a shiny object. It's a Machete! Somebody must have dropped it. There's still a price tag on it: $5. You poket it, and wonder. Should you go give it to the guy renting these out, sell it to him and see what you can get, or carry on, keeping it?

You keep a hold on the machete, finding a sheath for it nearby, and continue on, but as you take a step, you fall into a pit! The sheer darkness encompasses you, causing you to scramble back up and away from the pit. You look around it, and find the tracks of a large number of Pokemon. What you found seems to be a form of communal den, shared by predator and prey alike! Because you don't have a source of light, you mark it on your map, and think. Do you reveal this discovery, go back, and grab a Pokemon to explore the cave? Do you continue into the jungle? Or do you attempt to find something in the den, though you can't see?

Also, I'm seriously considering posting my formula, but not the lists. Would anyone like to see how I compute the Pokemon/Items/New Places that you find?

Maybe for the formulas, though when you see them you might get discouraged to enter because of the rarity, even though everyone has pretty much the same rarity ratio.

You make the den sound so good, so I'll go there now. No light, ha, dark is my middle name.

Alright, here.

Dice Roll: 1-99>>Pokemon/Item on table.
Dice Roll: 100>>Risk of New Area Discovered.
Dice Roll: Natural 100(as in, a 100 without the bonuses)>>Risk of Shiny>>Natural 20>>90-99>>001-493, all Legends are Dittos>>001-493, discounting Dittos, if Ditto.

This is how I compute scores.

Bravely, you step into the den, back into the darkness. You sit in the entrance for a bit, getting your eyes to adjust. You move forward slowly, since you can't make much out, when something small and furry runs against your feet. You look down, and make out what seems to be a Ratatat. Catch it, or move on?

Can i go through the dark path with my charmander's tail as a lantern? If no then...get machete and go through the dense growth.

Back
Top Bottom