• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do You Like To Wear Shoes?

I love wearing shoes! Ya'll are weird. They can make or break an outfit they are excellent and fashionable and lovely aah

needs to be GOOD shoes though. my feet are super shitty so i can't wear like £2 flats from primark or bad things happen. but aahhh fashion aah shoes

i can't stand wearing shoes and/or socks indoors, so whenever they get cold i just wear my beat up brown house shoes
otherwise, i only wear the same beat up pairs of tennis shoes outside
and my feet have really high arches so i can't wear shoes like Converse or Vans or something

Last edited:
During the summer, I refuse to wear shoes, even outside. During the Autumn/Winter, though, normally I wear them in the house. Don't call me a wuss, but I despise mud with every fiber of my being, so I stay away from it generally. I normally have clean shoes and so my parents don't mind me wearing them indoors.

I forgot to add that I hate wearing socks at any time, under any circumstances.

I like having bare feet. It means I can walk on my tiptoes if I want to (which I do sometimes).

I generally don't have a problem with shoes--unless they are high heels. I'll wear high heels if the outing I am going to is less than 6 hours long, but longer than that, I stick to flats. The biggest mistake ever was going to a REALLY long wedding (Nine hours long!!) wearing the most uncomfortable high heels in the world.

I prefer to take off my shoes inside my own house, but if people are over, I keep them on, for some reason :P And at other peoples' houses, I see what everybody else does with their shoes first, so I don't mess anything up.

I have excellent boot-slippers that I love wearing around the house because being barefoot is rubbish :( Barefootedness is especially bad in winter because the kitchen and bathroom floors are so cold, but even the rest of the time you might kick a table leg or stand on lego and who wants to take the chance on that kind of pain???

I don't really like barefootedness because feet can be all sweaty and smelly ew and the way toes can move independently of the rest of the foot makes them really creepy.

But but fingers are the same. You're not creeped out by fingers are you

I'm either desensitised to fingers or it's the fact that toes are like that put together with the smelly/sweatyness of feet.

Also fingers are more spread out so they're like a starfish whereas toes all point the same way so they're like a Zoidberg mouth.

Nah. I don't mind sneakers (especially if they're cheap which i'll explain in a second), but high heels are hell to walk in after a while. Especially if you're wearing them for Halloween. I'd know, I was River Song.
The reason I like cheap ones is because the soles aren't as thick and I can feel the ground beneath my feet more easily. I like being barefoot just as a by-product of tae kwon do; I'm more comfortable with having my feet on the ground where I can feel them. It's also a lot easier to moonwalk barefooted or with cheap shoes. which is a really really stupid reason but

EDIT: I love army boots though and rockstar boots just good boots in general so long as they're not high heeled
they make me feel so cool

Shoes are fun aesthetically! I love boots especially. But I prefer nothing on my feet; feels much nicer in general, most noticeably when running on grass. Also, one of my ankles is weird and sometimes makes my foot buckle under me upon impact when I'm sprinting or leaping and that's much more likely to happen in shoes.

i hate being barefoot unless i'm going to sleep, no idea why though, lol

and i can't stand sandals, flip-flops or anything of the like; i like my feet to be comfortable, especially with as much walking, standing and running around that i have to do at work (granted you HAVE to wear some form of black shoes, be it gym shoes or boots), but i simply do not find sandals or barefoot to be comfortable

... which also reminds me that i kind of need new ones, the ones i have now are old, covered in flour and the soles are worn down and full of holes from the way i walk, lol

also socks. socks are always a plus, especially if i can slide around in them on the kitchen floor or something

Well, I do like wearing my pink hello kitty slippers. :)

I guess I like the snugginess of sneakers too though...
n////n;

Coming from an Asian household, I've never been allowed to wear shoes in the house. No matter whose house I visit, I feel very uncomfortable with shoes on.
Outside, I prefer to wear flip flops. The way my feet are, most shoes squish my toes together in a rather irritating/painful way, but I dislike having dirty feet so yes, shoes outside.

Back
Top Bottom