14. Sandstone-Shadow

Old 12-11-2017, 01:05 AM
oh man, good times.

Pronoun: She
Eifie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [D4] ASB Halloween Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Moment View Post
If you insist, I guess I'll have to make a full claim.

The flavortext in my role PM suggests most players are trainers, yes? I am a Zoroark, and my role is a variation of the Bomb.

When I am attacked in the night I attempt to retaliate against the attacker(s) (my role PM specifically mentions it works against multiple attackers; maybe there's a vigilante?). This retaliation isn't infallible though, it only has a 50% success rate the first time it triggers, which brings me to my secondary ability.

My Disguise essentially gives me a one-time Bulletproof, disrupting all kills made against me that night (again, it specifies that it works against multiple kills actions), but the shock of being attacked keeps me from going all out. Any attackers on later nights will find me undisguised and prepared to take them down with me.

I'd rather have had the Mafia stumble upon me accidentally, but with a pair of redirectors I think we can still make this work.
Disguise is Mimikyu's ability, not Zoroark's. Zoroark's ability is Illusion.

And also, does anyone else think this role sounds way too OP to be town? It kind of sounds like a third-party role to me. If I'm getting this right: survives all kills the night of the first kill attempt (so more powerful than bulletproof), and has a 50% chance for each attacker to kill back that night, and becomes a regular bomb after that?

The sign-up thread says "This will be a simple game using standard roles," so this roleclaim is just kind of bizarre to me.

Old 12-11-2017, 02:54 AM
Vinyl Scratch

Pronoun: He
Zero Moment is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eifie View Post
Disguise is Mimikyu's ability, not Zoroark's. Zoroark's ability is Illusion.
I was using uppercase to put the word in emphasis, not naming the ability (which isn't directly named in my RPM, anyways).

Quote:
For my own part, my role PM doesn't give the role a flavor name (it's just the name of the role) but the subsequent flavor does imply "ASB participant".
Interestingly enough, I wasn't given a proper role name, I was labelled as a Zoroark and then given a description of what I do. I had to go look up the closest approximation to try to name it myself (and found the role of Bomb, then went and double checked that it was only attackers that came under fire and not just anyone who happened to be touching me that night)

As for the power of the Bulletproof, I'm guessing that either 1) that's just how Negrek tends to run the Bulletproof affix and the 'multiple attackers' bit is just included in all of their games, or 2) it's there specifically because we have multiple killers and they didn't want to try to figure out the pita that could be how multiple kills in one night interact with my role.
Originally Posted by Benuty
Baby jesus would hardly be offended by Lgbt people marrying after all he is .... baby jesus.
No. Baby Jesus will be very sad and he will cry. Do you want to make baby Jesus cry?
Old 12-11-2017, 06:54 AM
Beauty, brawn and Frontier Brains.

Pronoun: he
Metallica Fanboy has disabled reputation

... I thought I'd read that ZM would be unprepared to perform additional counterattacks after the first go. An infinite use bomb that's guaranteed at least two explosions... in a setup that already has at least two protective roles running around... yeah, I'm very skeptical, even beyond the issue of this definitely not being a standard role. At best, ZM's misunderstanding his role PM; at worst, he's making this up in a bid to make himself seem too valuable to lynch.

As much as redirecting to a bomb would be a nice toy to play around with, I think we have enough toys that we can actually reasonably trust in this townsfolk playpen. Zero Moment

#cometobabahl
(click colias -- you know you want to -- for asb profile)
Old 12-11-2017, 10:01 AM
play crack the sky

Negrek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Didn't you already roleclaim that one time on telegram when you were "hypothetically" asking about a rational way to curb the risks of healer clash?
Please don't discuss the game outside the game thread unless your role specifically gives you that ability. The lack of communication between players who aren't granted the ability is kind of the point of the game, and it's also hella unfair to anyone who might not be aware of or able to participate in whatever non-thread space you're discussing it in to not be privy to any information that comes up in those sorts of discussion. If I hear about someone doing this, I will modkill them. If you witness someone doing this, please let me know so I can kill them. Thanks.

In any case, I'm pretty high on time zones right now and don't actually have any idea when the discussion phase was supposed to end. Since it looks like there's still the potential for discussion and fewer than half the players have voted, I'm going to gives 24 more hours for discussion, at which point night will finally fall again!
Old 12-11-2017, 02:16 PM
Beauty, brawn and Frontier Brains.

Pronoun: he
Metallica Fanboy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrek View Post
Please don't discuss the game outside the game thread unless your role specifically gives you that ability. The lack of communication between players who aren't granted the ability is kind of the point of the game, and it's also hella unfair to anyone who might not be aware of or able to participate in whatever non-thread space you're discussing it in to not be privy to any information that comes up in those sorts of discussion. If I hear about someone doing this, I will modkill them. If you witness someone doing this, please let me know so I can kill them. Thanks.
That wasn't an actual game discussion folks were having, mind, just general mafia talk, which I am now retrospectively snarking at. Still, tone on the internet and all, the confusion is understandable.

#cometobabahl
(click colias -- you know you want to -- for asb profile)
Old 12-12-2017, 09:10 AM
play crack the sky

Negrek is on a distinguished road

The number of leads appears to be shrinking, and there's a sort of nervous energy in the air as the townsfolk mutter to each other, trying to figure out what's going on. Finally, Zero Moment is accused, and despite his vigorous defense, he can't convince anyone of his innocence. A zoroark, in their town? Passing as a human? Preposterous.

Of course, when the scrum is finally over and Zero Moment lies dead upon the ground, his illusion evaporates to reveal the truth...

Zero Moment is dead. He was a Pokémon.

Seventy-two hours for night actions.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Still loves Joltik, though!

Pronoun: she
Butterfree is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Butterfree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrek View Post
To clarify, I absolutely did not roleclaim or softclaim or attempt any sort of veiled "hint, hint, here's my role"; I went out of my way to state this had no relation to the current game and was just a game-theoretic problem I happened to be thinking about. No discussion pertaining to this game in any way took place, only a bit of theoretical musing on general mafia strategy.