Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Creativity > Writing

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Butterfree

Pronoun: He
Harlequin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Secrets

Carlisle has a secret.

Sometimes, when he thinks nobody will miss him, Carlisle goes far away. Far away from his lovely, beautiful, caring wife, far away from his wonderful, talented children, far away from his amazing, miraculous grandchild...

Far away.

Because Carlisle has a secret.

A secret he thinks no one knows. But Edward knows. Or thinks he knows, Carlisle isn't sure. Still, Carlisle is careful. Sparing. He doesn't leave often, can't leave often, not without arousing suspicion. And then Edward would look, and maybe Alice, but Alice is easy to block.

He never plans it in advance. That would be foolish, irresponsible.

Because Carlisle has a secret.

He's far away right now, hidden in a dirty, dingy room. It should smell terrible, would smell terrible to anyone else, but to Carlisle it doesn't. Sprawled across an unmade bed was a figure. Blood coursed through his veins, a nectar sweeter than any other and the greatest temptation he had ever known. Bar one.

He moved forward slowly, gracefully. Within moments the boy was moaning, writhing.

Carlisle has a secret.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:39 PM
actually very huggable

opaltiger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Secrets

did you just write Twilight fanfiction? :(
We want to be special in a universe that is uncaring and cold, and in which the nature of our existence is a transient flicker, so we invent these strange stories of grand beginnings, like every orphan dreaming that they are the children of kings who will one day ride up on a white horse and take them away to a beautiful palace and a rich and healthy family that will love them forever. We are not princes of the earth, we are the descendants of worms, and any nobility must be earned.
— PZ Myers
Old 01-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Butterfree

Harlequin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Secrets

I did :( I'm sorry! I woke up this afternoon and it was practically already written in my head! and then it wouldn't go away until I wrote it! :(