The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Creativity > Writing

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 07-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Blazie's Avatar
Blazie Blazie is offline
Nothin's ever gonna bring us down~
 
Join Date: October 23, 2008
Location: Dramaland, Canada
Age: 24
Posts: 754
Pronoun: Female
Blazie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Okay, she needs evidence, I guess. Present Skye's Profile.

(And I shall now stop answering so I don't hog all of the questions. ^^;)
__________________
PMD: A Divide
Most of us know the story of Grovyle and his partner, separated in the past but still managing to save the planet. But there is another story. A story of the hero landing as a memory-less Pokemon - alongside Grovyle. With Grovyle too distraught to explain what has happened, and every friend dividing her between two ways of life, Holly will come to understand that relationships are complicated - and can change in an instant.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Butterfree's Avatar
Butterfree Butterfree is offline
Still loves Joltik, though!
 
Join Date: June 22, 2008
Location: Iceland
Age: 29
Posts: 2,536
Pronoun: she
Butterfree is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Butterfree
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Present Skye's profile on part 4; presumably the recap is referring to the fact that her ability to teleport is implicit in the fact she is a Kirlia.

EDIT: Huh, I couldn't see Blazie's post because the forum refused to let me view page three. Sorry about the duplicate.
__________________
Butterfree's Current Obsession
Award-winning Icelandic BDSM techno-punk performance art group Hatari, who participated in Eurovision 2019 for Iceland. They must be seen to be believed. You can see a sample of their Eurovision entry and some of them being them as featured on Last Week Tonight here.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Strife89's Avatar
Strife89 Strife89 is offline
Not an Ace Attorney
 
Join Date: July 7, 2010
Location: Georgia, U.S.A.
Age: 30
Posts: 96
Pronoun: He
Strife89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Strife89
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Bingo, for both of you. :)

@Butterfree: I had some issues with my previous post, which may have had to do with the "no page 3" thing; hopefully it's cleared up now.

@Blazie: Recently it seems to be just you, Butterfree, and Kammington who are following this. If you have an answer, don't worry about holding back. :)

-----------------------------------
OBJECTION! (Music stops.)
Brendan: Kuni, what do you know about Skye's species?
Kuni: They are … psychic, are they not?
Brendan: Indeed they are. And what are psychic Pokémon capable of that we humans are not?
Kuni: They ….. They can …...
Blue: (“oh crap” expression) They can teleport!
(Music: Apollo Justice – Ace Attorney - Announce the Truth 2007)
Kuni: T- That's right! Sir Lawyer, are you saying …. ?
Brendan: I think you know exactly what I'm saying. Why would my client have any reason to use the window? She can teleport directly into and out of the room!
OBJECTION!
Blue: But do you know if it DID?
OBJECTION!
Brendan: Skye teleported to the hotel room at 5:28 last night at the victim's request! I am an eyewitness of said request!
Blue: W-- What?!
Brendan: Furthermore, she returned in about five minutes with the victim's belongings in my guest bedroom. She made a comment about how messy the papers were when she got there!
OBJECTION!
Blue: Very inventive, Mr. Namron, on both its part and yours. Of course it would claim that it found the papers in a mess!
Brendan: But let's suppose, for a moment, that she DID. Where does that leave us, hmmm?
Judge: That would leave us with doubt on her motivation for murder,
Judge: as well as introduce the possibility of another suspect!
Brendan: Exactly, Your Honor. So, Blue, what do you say? If my theory is wrong, you have nothing to worry about.
Blue: And if your theory is right …. ?
Brendan: Well …. that is for His Honor to decide.
Judge: Mr. Oak, the defense is correct.
Judge: If Mr. Namron's possibility proves to be incorrect, then your case thus far will stand.
Judge: If, however, it IS correct, then your case could fracture completely.
Judge: While the defendant would still be a suspect, a lack of motivation would weaken your arguments.
Brendan: So, Blue, are you up to the challenge?
(Music fades out.)
Blue: ….
Brendan: (Come on …. this just HAS to work ….)
Blue: ….. Fine.
Blue: We'll pour our time on your guessing game.
Brendan: ( I- I did it! We have a chance to turn this aro--)
Blue: … On one condition.
(Music: Phoenix Wright – Ace Attorney – Suspense)
Blue: I will allow my witness to testify only one more time on this matter.
Blue: Furthermore, I propose that any useless pressing should warrant a penalty.
[HEALTH RISK: 10%]
Blue: Is this agreeable, Your Honor?
Judge: *nods* Indeed. This court does not wish to waste time on guesswork that leads to nowhere.
Judge: Mr. Namron, you heard the man. Approach with caution.
Judge: Witness, are you prepared to testify?
Kuni: Yes, Your Honor. I have been thinking about what happened while you all were talking.
Kuni: And … I do think that I have pieced together new information.
Kuni: Please, let us begin.


CROSS EXAMINATION
What Actually Happened

(Music: Phoenix Wright – Ace Attorney - Cross Examination ~ Allegro 2001)
Kuni:
Part 1: At 5:25 PM yesterday, I heard a noise from Room 13 at the hotel.
Part 2: I stood in place for three minutes before opening the door.
Part 3: I saw a figure climbing through the window.
Part 4: I closed the door and hid for two minutes, then checked again.
Part 5: When I looked in the room, I saw the Kirlia picking up the papers.

-----------------------------------------

[Readers may ask to Press a part, read the Recap (the text that comes after the last part before looping back to the first), or they can Present evidence/profiles. Generally speaking, only the first response will be acknowledged, unless it is an incorrect Objection/presentation of evidence, or if there are multiple presses in a row.]

Beware, pressing the wrong thing will result in no new information and a penalty. The recap is provided below as a hint.


-------------------------

Brendan: (This is quite the tricky testimony. I know I NEED to press her, I'm just not sure where ….)
Brendan: (Her testimony is pretty solid-looking to boot. If I can't find something that breaks Blue's case, we're done for.)
Brendan: (I wonder if those papers Mom had play a big part in this …. ?)


COURT RECORD
Evidence
Attorney's Badge: Proof of my current profession. I wear it with a little more pride nowadays.
Pokégear: A really fancy “wristwatch”. Recently upgraded to make it capable of translating Pokémon speech.
Bag: My bag from when I was a Trainer. Has three unused Pokéballs and a Potion in it.
Trinket: Lily picked this up while we were heading back through Ecruteak City. It has a curious design.
Lilycove Police Headquarters: Hoenn's highest-ranking police group. Has connections with the International Police. My mom, Lily, did off-the-clock research for them.
International Police: Did ongoing investigations on big criminal organizations from at least 2007 to 2008.
Team Galactic: Criminal organization that ran at its peak in 2008. The International Police had an eagle eye on them. In addition to Cyrus as the boss, it had three admins: Jupiter, Saturn, and Charon; all have been arrested.
Skye's Testimony: She absentmindedly handled the knife with a bare hand on the night of the murder.
Altered Locks: Someone apparently picked my normal lock and took out the bolt. How they managed the latter is beyond me.
Bed Prints: Four small paw prints and a larger dent were found in the dirt next to the doorstep.
Cat Hair: A single hair was found on the doorstep, and several more hairs were found on the living room carpet.
Stabbing Note: There were no marks on the front of Mom's body or clothes to indicate that she was stabbed more than once.
Knife: The murder weapon. Skye was examining it as evidence for another murder. Said to have a bloodstain from a prior murder.

Profiles
Brendan Namron: (AGE: 23) Me, of course. Originally a Trainer in Hoenn, I came back to Johto to study law four years ago.
Lily Namron: (AGE: 45) My mother. She and I originally lived in Johto, but we moved to Hoenn in 2007 after my father became a Gym Leader there. Did unofficial research for the Lilycove Police for about a year. Murder victim, due to a stab.
Phoenix: (AGE: 5) My Torchic. Son of a Pokémon I released before I moved back to Johto.
Skye: (AGE: 9) My Kirlia. Joined the forensics team the day I became a lawyer. Daughter of another Pokémon from my training days. Currently my client, accused of the murder of Lily Namron.
Cyrus: A sinister man that wanted to erase the world and remake it his way. After a kid from Sinnoh stopped him, he disappeared. (image silhouetted)
Detective Slooth: High-ranking detective at the Goldenrod Police Department. Always there for someone in a jam.
Gary Oak: (AGE: 27) “Blue” is his nickname. Leader of the Viridian Gym in Kanto. Well-known in that region for his prosecuting skills.
Kuni: Former Kimono Girl. Works at the Goldenrod Shoreline Hotel. Claims to have witnessed Skye invading Mom's hotel room.

Last edited by Strife89; 07-31-2010 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Added the Court Record.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-31-2010, 11:03 PM
Flareth's Avatar
Flareth Flareth is offline
The fastest girl in town
 
Join Date: June 30, 2008
Location: Aperture Science
Age: 25
Posts: 3,619
Pronoun: She
Flareth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Press Part 5.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Strife89's Avatar
Strife89 Strife89 is offline
Not an Ace Attorney
 
Join Date: July 7, 2010
Location: Georgia, U.S.A.
Age: 30
Posts: 96
Pronoun: He
Strife89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Strife89
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flareth View Post
Press Part 5.
HOLD IT!
Brendan: And after that, you went to get security, right?
Kuni: I did. But when we returned to the room, the room was empty. Kirlia and Mrs. Namron's belongings were gone.
Brendan: (Hmmmm ... I'm drifting into old territory.) Kuni, let's talk about before that. I want to know …

Did you notice the papers before?
Did the intruder see you?
Did anyone else go in?


Did anyone else go in?
Brendan: Kuni, did anyone else enter the room before you discovered that the intruder had left?
Kuni: …. No. I am certain of it.
Kuni: The room was not occupied by any hotel staff during that time.
Brendan: I see. Was anything suspicious reported by any guards during that time?
OBJECTION!
Blue: Guard reports do not matter, Mr. Namron. In this scenario, the defendant teleported into and out of the room.
OBJECTION!
Brendan: But our mystery person went in and out through a window! It is possible that they went into a guard's line of sight!
Blue: Fine, fine …. Witness, do you know the answer to the defense's question?
Kuni: I did not hear of any suspicious activity from the guards.
Brendan: None at all?
Kuni: That is correct.
Brendan: …...
Skye: (Master … Keep trying.)

Did the intruder see you?
Brendan: Did you happen to notice if the intruder noticed that they had been spotted?
Kuni: I am unsure. We did not make eye contact.
Brendan: But the intruder fled, right? Why else would they leave?
Kuni: …. I do not know.
Brendan: (If I have the times right, the mystery intruder escaped only a minute before Kirlia arrived?)
Brendan: (Was it coincidence that they left at that time ... ?)

Did you notice the papers before?
Brendan: Did you, by any chance, notice the papers at any time before this incident?
Kuni: …..
Blue: …. A poor attempt, Namron. Perhaps you should try another approach? It might help you waste more time on this silly pursuit of incorrect theories.
Brendan: (…. You're gonna have to do better than that, Blue!) Please, witness! Try to remember! Did you or did you not see the papers?
Kuni: ….. Yes, actually. I did see them.
Brendan: (Excellent! All we need now is – )
Kuni: However, I last saw them on the second day of Mrs. Namron's stay. They were lying on her bed in a tidy stack, and I was able to read the first page. Out of curiosity, I glanced at it.
Brendan: (So, what's the problem?)
Kuni: …. However, I do not recall what that page described.
Brendan: Aw, no!
Blue: Are you done, Mr. Namron? I would like to move on.
Brendan: (Not on your life! …. But what do I do now?)
Phoenix: Brendan! Think, fast!
Brendan: Thinking!
Phoenix: Brendan, I have an idea. Maybe …. just maybe, we already know what it is!
Brendan: ?
Phoenix: Look at the evidence, Brendan! You already know what your mother –
Brendan: – did … research … on …. What if …. what if ….
Brendan: *desk slam* Your Honor! I request that what the witness just said be added to the testimony!
Brendan: This is crucial evidence!
Judge: I can tell by your tone that you are completely serious. Request granted, Mr. Namron.
Brendan: Thank you, Your Honor. (Thank you, Mom!)

TESTIMONY UPDATED (New part: number 6)
Kuni:
Part 1: At 5:25 PM yesterday, I heard a noise from Room 13 at the hotel.
Part 2: I stood in place for three minutes before opening the door.
Part 3: I saw a figure climbing through the window.
Part 4: I closed the door and hid for two minutes, then checked again.
Part 5: When I looked in the room, I saw the Kirlia picking up the papers.
Part 6: I saw one of those papers two days prior, but I forget what it said.

--------------------------

{Hopefully you had the same epiphany Brendan just had. You know what to do. :)}
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Anomaly 54's Avatar
Anomaly 54 Anomaly 54 is offline
Used to be Cheat Master
 
Join Date: May 30, 2010
Age: 21
Posts: 617
Pronoun: He
Anomaly 54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Press part six, try to make the witness remember?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Strife89's Avatar
Strife89 Strife89 is offline
Not an Ace Attorney
 
Join Date: July 7, 2010
Location: Georgia, U.S.A.
Age: 30
Posts: 96
Pronoun: He
Strife89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Strife89
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu Chris View Post
Press part six[.]
HOLD IT!
Brendan: Witness, I ask that you try your hardest to remember the text of the paper you saw. It could be extremely important to this case.
Kuni: Please, Sir Lawyer. I am trying as hard as I can to remember, but I ....
Kuni: ... I cannot recall a single word.
Kuni: Please, Sir Lawyer .... If you have anything that might refresh my memory, do not delay. Show it to me!
Brendan: (Everything my mom was talking about before she died .... I think she was trying to tell me something.)
Brendan: (And it just so happens that I made some notes about the main thing she did research on when I was young.)
Brendan: Make no mistake, Kuni. I have just the thing to show you!
Blue: ....

----------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-01-2010, 01:52 AM
Anomaly 54's Avatar
Anomaly 54 Anomaly 54 is offline
Used to be Cheat Master
 
Join Date: May 30, 2010
Age: 21
Posts: 617
Pronoun: He
Anomaly 54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Huh...present evidence, Team Galactic notes?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-01-2010, 02:05 AM
Strife89's Avatar
Strife89 Strife89 is offline
Not an Ace Attorney
 
Join Date: July 7, 2010
Location: Georgia, U.S.A.
Age: 30
Posts: 96
Pronoun: He
Strife89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Strife89
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu Chris View Post
Huh...present evidence [to part 6], Team Galactic notes?
OBJECTION! (Music stops.)
Brendan: Kuni …. You may not remember what my mother's papers were about,
Brendan: and I may not know for certain what information they contained,
Brendan: but I think I DO know one thing.
Brendan: Those papers, more likely than anything else, were documents on a criminal organization called Team Galactic!
(Music: Phoenix Wright – Ace Attorney - Pursuit ~ Cornered (variation))
Blue: …. Point and proof, please, Mr. Namron. You are NOTHING in a courtroom without them!
Kuni: …. Mr. Oak, Mr. Namron is correct.
Kuni: The title on the first page was “The Pursuit of Cyrus and Team Galactic”!
Blue: ….. Wha …. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!
*gallery chatter*
*gavel pounds once*
Judge: Order! Order in the court! Mr. Namron, what does this mean?!
Brendan: Your Honor, if I may personally testify ….
Brendan: My client has been with me for virtually her entire life.
Brendan: Not once has she ever been told of – or had reason to harbor ill will against – Team Galactic!
Brendan: And what Kuni said reveals that it's the truth! None of use ever mentioned Cyrus, who was the boss of Team Galactic, but she remembered the name from the paper! That's proof she saw it and that she's not taking sides!
*loud gallery chatter*
*gavel pounds three times*
Judge: Order! ORRRRRDERRRRRRRRR! ORDER IN MY COURTROOM! Mr. Oak! Do you have a response to this discovery?
Blue: …... Nnngh …..
Brendan: Are you ready to call it a day, Blue? Face it. My client's motive for murder is next to nothing! Time to pull back and pick on someone else!
Blue: ….. Heh, heh, heh ….
(Music: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Suspense)
Blue: You are the most pathetic lawyer I have ever met, Brendan Namron.
Blue: Even your father could have come up with something better.
Brendan: (My father …. ? He knows my father?)
Brendan: (W-Wait a minute! What's he getting at? What did I do wrong?!)
Blue: And you, Your Honor …..
Blue: I hate to say this, but you bend a bit too easily.
Judge: H-Hey! I resemble that remark!
Blue: “Resent”, Your Honor. My point is, you almost fell for Mr. Namron's pathetic trap.
Brendan: W-What trap? I didn't –
Blue: Don't lie to us, Nimrod! You just made up the “fact” that your client has never heard of this “Team Galactic” to protect it!
Blue: A lawyer lying on the bench is the most despicable thing of all! I need PROOF!
Brendan: B-But it's true! I swear on my life it's true!
Blue: WHAT DID I JUST TELL YOU TWO MINUTES AGO?! The courtroom accepts only evidence! Nothing but evidence! Do you understand me?!
Skye: (H-He's mad! Brendan, do something …. Please …) *sob*
Phoenix: W-What's gotten into him .....?
Brendan: (There's nothing I can do, Skye! There's no proof that you wouldn't know about Team Galactic if they can't take my word for it!)
Skye: (Y-Yes there is! When was I born? Tell them when I was born!)
Brendan: !
Brendan: Y-Your Honor! I can still prove that her motive is basically nothing!
Judge: Is that so, Mr.----
Blue: Really, Mr. Namron?! Then please, don't keep use waiting!
Blue: Show us evidence that proves that that Pokémon would not have known about Team Galactic!

-- Select your answer with the Court Record. --

COURT RECORD
Evidence
Attorney's Badge: Proof of my current profession. I wear it with a little more pride nowadays.
Pokégear: A really fancy “wristwatch”. Recently upgraded to make it capable of translating Pokémon speech.
Bag: My bag from when I was a Trainer. Has three unused Pokéballs and a Potion in it.
Trinket: Lily picked this up while we were heading back through Ecruteak City. It has a curious design.
Lilycove Police Headquarters: Hoenn's highest-ranking police group. Has connections with the International Police. My mom, Lily, did off-the-clock research for them.
International Police: Did ongoing investigations on big criminal organizations from at least 2007 to 2008.
Team Galactic: Criminal organization that ran at its peak in 2008. The International Police had an eagle eye on them. In addition to Cyrus as the boss, it had three admins: Jupiter, Saturn, and Charon; all have been arrested.
Skye's Testimony: She absentmindedly handled the knife with a bare hand on the night of the murder.
Altered Locks: Someone apparently picked my normal lock and took out the bolt. How they managed the latter is beyond me.
Bed Prints: Four small paw prints and a larger dent were found in the dirt next to the doorstep.
Cat Hair: A single hair was found on the doorstep, and several more hairs were found on the living room carpet.
Stabbing Note: There were no marks on the front of Mom's body or clothes to indicate that she was stabbed more than once.
Knife: The murder weapon. Skye was examining it as evidence for another murder. Said to have a bloodstain from a prior murder.

Profiles
Brendan Namron: (AGE: 23) Me, of course. Originally a Trainer in Hoenn, I came back to Johto to study law four years ago.
Lily Namron: (AGE: 45) My mother. She and I originally lived in Johto, but we moved to Hoenn in 2007 after my father became a Gym Leader there. Did unofficial research for the Lilycove Police for about a year. Murder victim, due to a stab.
Phoenix: (AGE: 5) My Torchic. Son of a Pokémon I released before I moved back to Johto.
Skye: (AGE: 9) My Kirlia. Joined the forensics team the day I became a lawyer. Daughter of another Pokémon from my training days. Currently my client, accused of the murder of Lily Namron.
Cyrus: A sinister man that wanted to erase the world and remake it his way. After a kid from Sinnoh stopped him, he disappeared. (image silhouetted)
Detective Slooth: High-ranking detective at the Goldenrod Police Department. Always there for someone in a jam.
Gary Oak: (AGE: 27) “Blue” is his nickname. Leader of the Viridian Gym in Kanto. Well-known in that region for his prosecuting skills.
Kuni: Former Kimono Girl. Works at the Goldenrod Shoreline Hotel. Claims to have witnessed Skye invading Mom's hotel room.


----------------------------------

This pathetic excuse for a challenging question (due to poor Skye's stammered clue) is more plot-centric than anything.
A very short bout of dialogue and another question is to follow if you get it right.

I'm willing to bet that a LOT of you will be heavily put off by Blue's freakout, but there is a point behind it that I'd rather not reveal yet (mainly due to the fact that I haven't fully decided on what the reason is!)

Last edited by Strife89; 08-01-2010 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Pasted in the Court Record.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-01-2010, 02:35 AM
Anomaly 54's Avatar
Anomaly 54 Anomaly 54 is offline
Used to be Cheat Master
 
Join Date: May 30, 2010
Age: 21
Posts: 617
Pronoun: He
Anomaly 54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Show Skye's profile. She was born in 2008, same year Team Galactic got stomped. How would a one-year old Ralts remember that?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 08-01-2010, 02:37 AM
Strife89's Avatar
Strife89 Strife89 is offline
Not an Ace Attorney
 
Join Date: July 7, 2010
Location: Georgia, U.S.A.
Age: 30
Posts: 96
Pronoun: He
Strife89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Strife89
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu Chris View Post
Show Skye's profile. She was born in 2008, same year Team Galactic got stomped. How would a one-year old Ralts remember that?
Spot-on. :)

-----------------------------------

TAKE THAT!
Brendan: Your Honor, Mr. Oak …. please take a look at my client's citizenship statistics.
Brendan: On this page, you will find that my client, Skye Namron, was born in September 2008!
Blue: …. Yes, and?
Blue: This birthyear is not enough, Mr. Namron.
Brendan: (He's calming down …. but what more does he want?)
Blue: Why is the year 2008 significant, Mr. Namron? Go on, I'm listening.

-- Present evidence from the Court Record. --

Last edited by Strife89; 08-01-2010 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Hid signature.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-01-2010, 02:40 AM
Anomaly 54's Avatar
Anomaly 54 Anomaly 54 is offline
Used to be Cheat Master
 
Join Date: May 30, 2010
Age: 21
Posts: 617
Pronoun: He
Anomaly 54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

I think I'm getting the hang of this :)

Present the Team Galactic notes, si vou plei
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Strife89's Avatar
Strife89 Strife89 is offline
Not an Ace Attorney
 
Join Date: July 7, 2010
Location: Georgia, U.S.A.
Age: 30
Posts: 96
Pronoun: He
Strife89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Strife89
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu Chris View Post
Present the Team Galactic notes, si vou plei
TAKE THAT!
Brendan: Mr. Oak, my moth-- the victim was involved in some unofficial research for the Lilycove Police Headquarters, starting in 2007, when we first moved to Hoenn.
Brendan: Their focus was, and had been, on criminal organizations, including Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma, and Team Galactic.
Brendan: But when Team Galactic, like the others, was officially taken down, both Lily and the Lilycove Police stopped investigating them!
Brendan: And the thing is, investigations ended in June 2008!
Blue: (flinches) You're kidding!
Brendan: And, as any good trainer knows, a newborn Pokémon takes some time to learn about the world around it.
Brendan: There is no way that my client had learned about Team Galactic until a long time after their takedown, let alone before that!
Brendan: So tell me, Blue. Why would Skye form bonds with a criminal organization that didn't even exist when she was born?!
Blue: …....
Brendan: (No more outbursts, whatever you do. It kills me to see Skye cry …. Please, no more outbursts …..)
Blue: …. Fine.
(Music stops.)
Blue: Maybe you're not as shabby a lawyer as I thought, Mr. Namron.
Blue: But …. we have only solved half of the puzzle.
Brendan: ?
Blue: I will admit, you are right. There is no reason for your client to have a liking for Team Galactic,
Blue: but that doesn't change the fact that all of the other evidence points to her as the murder!
Brendan: (…... Ugh.)
Blue: However …. in light of the proceedings today,
Blue: I have no further witnesses that I wish to call at this time.
Brendan: (Wait …. so, that means that for now, we've WON?)



(Music: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - Ace Attorney 4 – Trial)
Judge: It does, indeed, appear that we are stuck at a crossroads.
Judge: While the prime suspect, Ms. Skye Namron, does not appear to have a motive,
Judge: we still have reason to believe that she killed the victim.
Judge: Because of this, I have no choice but to suspend this trial for a day,
Judge: in order to allow the prosecution and defense gather more information about this crime.
Judge: If there are any objections, please speak to the court now.
*silence*
Judge: Very well, then. This trial shall resume tomorrow at 10:00 AM.
Judge: Court is adjourned!
*gavel pounds*

TO BE CONTINUED ….


-------------------------------------------------



And that concludes this case's first trial! In part 4, Brendan continues his investigation, uncovers a wealth of evidence, and even meets up with the killer. But the question is, can he and Skye hang in there to pin the culprit before they escape the country?


Cheesy teaser-text aside, I'm still working on Part 4, and I can only hope that I finish it by tomorrow evening. After that, we have one more trial.

I want to introduce a new "system" that's been swirling in my brain for a couple of days now, but my biggest focus is the story during investigations (or at least, that's my aim). Suffice to say that Skye's not your average Kirlia.


What were your thoughts on Blue? Kuni? Skye's reaction to Blue's freakout?
Was the trial too short? Too long? Just right?

I invite you all to answer those questions and/or anything else that comes to mind, whilst I work on finishing part four. Stay tuned! :)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-01-2010, 02:57 AM
Anomaly 54's Avatar
Anomaly 54 Anomaly 54 is offline
Used to be Cheat Master
 
Join Date: May 30, 2010
Age: 21
Posts: 617
Pronoun: He
Anomaly 54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Once again. That was epic. I am so gunna get me an Ace Attorny game :)

I thought the Trial was a bit long, but then again, that's comparing it to case 1 which was purposly short so...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Flareth's Avatar
Flareth Flareth is offline
The fastest girl in town
 
Join Date: June 30, 2008
Location: Aperture Science
Age: 25
Posts: 3,619
Pronoun: She
Flareth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

This is amazing. The music really gives me images while I'm reading....any chances of getting some Ace Attorney Investigations music in? :D
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Strife89's Avatar
Strife89 Strife89 is offline
Not an Ace Attorney
 
Join Date: July 7, 2010
Location: Georgia, U.S.A.
Age: 30
Posts: 96
Pronoun: He
Strife89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Strife89
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flareth View Post
This is amazing. The music really gives me images while I'm reading....any chances of getting some Ace Attorney Investigations music in? :D
I do have plans to use it, especially the Confrontation themes and their relatives, but I'd like to save them for later, more powerful moments; all of the Ace Attorney music is fantastic, but many fans seem to think that the AAI music is the best yet, and I want to do it justice.

Since you asked, I suppose I'll use one or two in the trial, if I think they fit. :)

I attempted to use "Doubted People" in a first draft of part 4, and while it was effective enough to make me tear up a little, a friend on IRC pointed out that it felt too emotionally forced. Rereading it, I decided he was right, and ultimately scrapped that scene.

Part 4 is coming soon, though. :)
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-02-2010, 08:03 PM
marbychu marbychu is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 25, 2010
Location: Like I'd tell you.
Posts: 94
Pronoun: Male
marbychu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

This is pretty good. Keep up the great work!

...I also noticed something cool. You're avatar is a Gardevoir, and one of Brendan's pokemon is a Kirlia, the pre-evolved form of Gardevoir. Coincedince? I think not!

lol...
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Strife89's Avatar
Strife89 Strife89 is offline
Not an Ace Attorney
 
Join Date: July 7, 2010
Location: Georgia, U.S.A.
Age: 30
Posts: 96
Pronoun: He
Strife89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Strife89
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbychu View Post
This is pretty good. Keep up the great work!
Thank you! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbychu View Post
...I also noticed something cool. You're avatar is a Gardevoir, and one of Brendan's pokemon is a Kirlia, the pre-evolved form of Gardevoir. Coincedince? I think not!
I am a major fan of the Ralts line, especially Gardevoir. :)

The picture is not my own; I cropped it from a sketch by White Moon, a Japanese artist who draws Pokémon fairly often.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-02-2010, 08:54 PM
marbychu marbychu is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 25, 2010
Location: Like I'd tell you.
Posts: 94
Pronoun: Male
marbychu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

ah, ok.

When's part 4? Or are you writing it up now?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Strife89's Avatar
Strife89 Strife89 is offline
Not an Ace Attorney
 
Join Date: July 7, 2010
Location: Georgia, U.S.A.
Age: 30
Posts: 96
Pronoun: He
Strife89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Strife89
Default Re: Brendan Namron: Ace Attorney (Case 2 in progress) (Playable!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbychu View Post
When's part 4? Or are you writing it up now?
Yeah, I'm still working on it. I've been working on Case 2 alone since July 20th, and I didn't start posting it until several days later. I'm working slowly on it, trying to keep myself from speed-writing and producing crap. I don't want to rush the reveal of the killer (even though most seem to already know who it is), and the story needs to flow well. I really want the ending to satisfy.


/me had an idea for a scene for Case 4 yesterday; it caused him to cry.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Pokémon, Pikachu and all other Pokémon characters © Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. The Cave of Dragonflies, content, styles, etc. © Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis.
Forum now hosted by Eevee's HQ.