No, it stunk like rotten cheese on Earth day 1 1.45%
I haven't seen it 26 37.68%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Bye

Pronoun: she
see ya has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to see ya
Default Re: WALL-E: The Best Disney & Pixar yet?

Your name is epic, Foreign Containment. :D

Yeah, WALL-E's my favorite Pixar movie so far. I have no idea how Pixar's gonna top it. It has what may be the best pacing of any animated movie I've seen so far (I watched Ratatouille afterwards and got whiplash), and I love how pretty much no line of dialog was wasted. Also loved how freaking WELL the emotion was conveyed in characters that not only barely speak, but don't even have mouths. There's also the fact that they were able to make the love between a trash compactor and an environmental probe not only seem convincing, but compelling and flat-out adorable. And Peter Gabriel...Gah, such an amazing movie. :3

Also, the next person who said this movie was boring needs to be punched in the face. Seriously, lrn 2 subtlety, people. Not everything has to be in-your-face and fast-paced.
This forum has been a big part of my history. I met many friends through here. Met the love of my life here. But if this board is going to become a place where people are punished simply for talking to people the admins don't like, this is no longer the place for me, and I can't even fucking stand res. Goodbye, TCoD. See you never. Congratulations on killing your ASB league.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:45 AM

Pronoun: they
Evolutionary is an unknown quantity at this point

WALL-E is so cute and awesome~

I love it.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:47 AM
Yarn is comfy and easy to wear

Pronoun: Male
Yarnchu is an unknown quantity at this point

I liked the film, but I won't be going around and saying its the best Pixar has to offer. The atmosphere was fantastic, and many scenes brought me close to crying.(though I doubt anything will top Wilson[a volleyball XD] floating away in the movie Cast Away) Many things irked me though. For starters, the movie was trying to be too sad at times...such as when (SPOILER) Wall-E runs over his pet Cockroach. Also, the movie didn't have as much of an impact on me because of the fact that it is a family film. That forced them to do the cheesy and unoriginal (SPOILER) "kiss reviving memories" instead of the bittersweet ending that would have made the movie even more powerful. Come to think of it, most romance movies do this. Still, the movie is a wonderful one, and still had a great impact on me. I say its 8/10.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:03 AM
poor choices in past friends/demeanor, aware of it

xkze is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think Pixar would've gotten away with (SPOILER) leaving WALL-E without his personality or any memory of EVE or her love. Plus, it definitely felt right. The "magic spark" between them had been shown earlier in the movie (the scene right after (SPOILER) the escape pod explodes and Wall-E and Eve shuffle around in space with the fire extinguisher) so it's not like it was "out of nowhere" and it didn't seem like it was fabricated just for that last scene.

Plus, the emotion building up between the viewer and Wall-E and Eve by this point in the movie definitely made you want to believe it.

As I've said before, this movie is fucking brilliant
Best Pixar film to date easily and I'm a Pixar addict so I love nearly all their movies.

Brilliant story, brilliant characters, brilliant animation, brilliant voicework at the times when there were voices, and as Skymin pointed out, brilliant pacing.

everything about this movie is magnificent and I love the hell out of it
also, motherfucking peter gabriel <3
Old 01-03-2009, 03:22 AM
actually very huggable

Pronoun: He
opaltiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
For starters, the movie was trying to be too sad at times...such as when (SPOILER) Wall-E runs over his pet Cockroach.
... that was not meant to be sad.

Quote:
Brilliant story, brilliant characters, brilliant animation, brilliant voicework at the times when there were voices, and as Skymin pointed out, brilliant pacing.

everything about this movie is magnificent and I love the hell out of it
also, motherfucking peter gabriel <3
this. although I rolled my eyes at Also sprach Zarathustra.

Pixar can stop now. They've done it; if there is any justice in this world, The Dark Knight will lose Best Picture to Wall-E (or vice versa, I suppose).

I have no idea what they intend to do next that won't seem trivial in comparison.
We want to be special in a universe that is uncaring and cold, and in which the nature of our existence is a transient flicker, so we invent these strange stories of grand beginnings, like every orphan dreaming that they are the children of kings who will one day ride up on a white horse and take them away to a beautiful palace and a rich and healthy family that will love them forever. We are not princes of the earth, we are the descendants of worms, and any nobility must be earned.
— PZ Myers

Last edited by opaltiger; 01-03-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:55 AM
FEELING GREAT, FEELING GOOD, HOW ARE YOU?

#1 bro is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to #1 bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaltiger View Post
I have no idea what they intend to do next that won't seam trivial in comparison.
I assume you're asking rhetorically, but whatever:

link
link
link
link
link

yes, they actually are making a Cars 2. why this ever seemed like a good idea, I can't imagine, but I'm pretty sure it's Disney's fault and it's mostly to sell merchandise.

goddamn Disney.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:13 AM

I'm only looking forward to Cars 2 because I have an irrational love for the first one.
Realistically though, they could've picked a ton of better movies to make a sequel for.
It seems to me Disney's just looking to make a shitload of money again in 2011 marketing a ton of toys. (have you /seen/ how many Cars toys there are? god.)

EDIT: oh
you said that
am I going blind or did you edit that post

I have heard absolutely nothing about Up other than the fact that it exists.
So I'm looking forward to it

also, opal, I believe he was referring to (SPOILER) the end of the movie, when Wall-E drives unsympathetically over the cockroach after losing his personality. You're thinking of the scene at the beginning of the movie, where (SPOILER) he runs over it and then panics and reverses and kneels down to make sure it's alive.

The former was definitely meant to be sad, and definitely was
but... it was during a sad scene
so I don't see why that's such a bad move for it to be sad? o_O
Old 01-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Replicaaa!

Blaziking the God General is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Blaziking the God General

I can somewhat understand Toy Story 3, but I just don't see why Disney must make a second Cars. That's easily my least favorite Disney/Pixar movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaltiger
Pixar can stop now. They've done it; if there is any justice in this world, The Dark Knight will lose Best Picture to Wall-E.
Apparantly, justice has occured. It may not be the Oscars, but meh, close enough.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:36 PM
IM ON THE ROAD ON THE ROAD TO VIRIDIAN CITYYYY~

Bombsii is an unknown quantity at this point

Cars 2 will most probably suck. They are also releasing all of the TOy Story movies in 3-D
Old 01-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Metapod

Pronoun: He
Jason-Kun is an unknown quantity at this point

Toy Story 3 and Cars 2? Damn Disney, stop milking all the good movies. You killed The Lion King by making 1 and 1/2, now you're going to kill Cars and Toy Story? Thanks alot. Although Up does seem interesting.

Anyways. Saw Wall-E awhile back. I have to say of all the Disney and Pixar movies I've seen, it has to be my third favorite after Cars and A Bug's Life. It was so sweet and it was a love story. Although I do hate how they (SPOILER) threw in that evil robot out of nowhere.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:02 PM

(SPOILER) If you're talking about Otto, he was definitely like the third most important robot in the movie. The plot wouldn't have been the same without Otto.

I'm predicting that Cars 2 will be a lot better than Cars. Tom Lasseter's not directing it this time, he's handing it to the guy that directed Ratatouille.
Not that I have anything against Lasseter.
Just a prediction, who knows if it'll be right, but I've got a hunch.

Last edited by xkze; 01-03-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:15 PM
FEELING GREAT, FEELING GOOD, HOW ARE YOU?

#1 bro is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to #1 bro

I bet Cars 2 will be a good, entertaining movie. But honestly, why did it have to be Cars that gets a sequel? It's easily the worst out of the eight Pixar movies, and more importantly, it doesn't need a sequel, what with Lightning already being the world champion! (or something, I forget the details) If you're going to make a sequel, make it of the Incredibles, which kicked ass and has a lot of potential for another installment.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Bye

see ya has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to see ya

Actually, IIRC, the guy also directed The Incredibles as well as Ratatouille, so it should be pretty good. But I haven't seen the first Cars.
This forum has been a big part of my history. I met many friends through here. Met the love of my life here. But if this board is going to become a place where people are punished simply for talking to people the admins don't like, this is no longer the place for me, and I can't even fucking stand res. Goodbye, TCoD. See you never. Congratulations on killing your ASB league.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Yarn is comfy and easy to wear

Yarnchu is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't say it came out of nowhere. However, it felt too cliched. I'm also not saying that the movie shouldn't have been sad, but it felt at points that it was trying a little hard. Those flaws doesn't change the fact that I love the movie. It has the wonderful, atmospheric feel that few things can capture. This is definately a favorite of mine, alongside The Dark Knight and Gojira.

I'm also curious to see how Toy Story 3 will turn out. I love the movies, but I'm a little worried that they will completly massacre it.(like what the Mieser Brother's Christmas did trying to be like the old christmas specials) Cars 2 hopefully will live up to the first, but The Incredibles 2 is more deserving of a sequel.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Chaptermistress of the World Eaters

Pronoun: She
Lady Grimdour is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Reticuli View Post
I bet Cars 2 will be a good, entertaining movie. But honestly, why did it have to be Cars that gets a sequel? It's easily the worst out of the eight Pixar movies, and more importantly, it doesn't need a sequel, what with Lightning already being the world champion! (or something, I forget the details) If you're going to make a sequel, make it of the Incredibles, which kicked ass and has a lot of potential for another installment.
The Incredibles had a sequel which was a game; Rise of the Underminer.

Though yeah. Toy Story could have a sequel. But not Cars.

Choose wisely.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:51 PM
IM ON THE ROAD ON THE ROAD TO VIRIDIAN CITYYYY~

Bombsii is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xikaze View Post
(Cars had has two games, both of them sucked ass, and I don't consider games canon anyway.)

But I agree that an Incredibles sequel would've been much more appropriate. They even hinted at a sequel in the end. :/
Yeah but they were just racing games. They don't count as sequels.

The Incredibles 2 would've been so awesome.
Wall-E 2 wouldn't really work.

Anyway I hope they don't ruin cars (probably will)
Old 01-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Replicaaa!

Blaziking the God General is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Blaziking the God General

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArmour View Post
Yeah but they were just racing games. They don't count as sequels.

The Incredibles 2 would've been so awesome.
Wall-E 2 wouldn't really work.

Anyway I hope they don't ruin cars (probably will)
The Incredibles 2 WOULD be amazing. As long as they would bring Edna Mode back, I'd totally go see it.

I would probably burn Disney/Pixar if they did a WALL-E 2, because undoubtedly it would ruin WALL-E.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:17 AM
Still loves Joltik, though!

Butterfree is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Butterfree

...um, you guys do know that Pixar have a policy about sequels, right? You know, "No sequels unless we can really make something that's as good or better than the original"?

They're not going to make WALL-E 2. If they're making Cars 2 and Toy Story 3, they're doing it because they have something good to do with it. I'd think they could make a Cars sequel better than the original, since the original mostly suffered from the generic, clichéd storyline and it would be easy to improve on it. :/
Award-winning Icelandic BDSM techno-punk performance art group Hatari, who participated in Eurovision 2019 for Iceland. They must be seen to be believed. You can see a sample of their Eurovision entry and some of them being them as featured on Last Week Tonight here.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:54 AM
i married MD, u were all too slow

ultraviolet is on a distinguished road

I hope they do make a sequel to Cars, because it was... well, boring compared to their other movies.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:42 AM

Yeah, I have tons of faith that Pixar would not go anywhere near a sequel unless they had something really good planned for it. Which is why I'm looking forward to Cars 2 and Toy Story 3.

Tags
disney, movies