The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Games > Anime-Style Battling > Contests and Tournaments

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 06:35 AM
Vinyl Scratch

Pronoun: He
Zero Moment is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Moment
Default Re: Second Anniversary Metronome Bash

Thank you, thank you, clearly this result is a product of my superior tactical thinking.

fr tho good game everyone, and thanks for hosting, Negrek. It was all good fun.
Originally Posted by Benuty
Baby jesus would hardly be offended by Lgbt people marrying after all he is .... baby jesus.
No. Baby Jesus will be very sad and he will cry. Do you want to make baby Jesus cry?
Old 10-20-2017, 06:00 AM
collide disintegration

Negrek is on a distinguished road

SO IN OTHER NEWS I realized while eating lunch yesterday (really) that actually cleffa is pure fairy and not normal/fairy like I'd thought, which means RND's hyper beam wouldn't have gotten STAB and wouldn't have KO'd Psyfox.

I'm going to leave it the way it is because I think this makes for a more exciting ending and it doesn't change anything about the battle or EXP distribution (next action Psyfox moves first and energy-KOs himself with rain dance), but yeah, this is why we always check on the db instead of assuming we remember our pokémon details. -_-;

As far as prizes go, I'll set things up to go through as normal for now and give Zhorken a note to see if it's reasonable for it not to show up as an official win/loss or what.

Edit: I called it a tie, we'll see if that works.

In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric Design

Old 10-22-2017, 12:30 AM
a small bean.

Pronoun: she
sanderidge is an unknown quantity at this point

that was a wild ride. thank you very much for hosting, negrek, and i was really impressed by everyone's strategies! will have to see if i can learn anything from the commands. c:

sandshrewnoibatsandshrew-alola
Old 10-23-2017, 07:40 PM
A chickadee in love with the sky

Pronoun: she
Sandstone-Shadow is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrek View Post
SO IN OTHER NEWS I realized while eating lunch yesterday (really) that actually cleffa is pure fairy and not normal/fairy like I'd thought, which means RND's hyper beam wouldn't have gotten STAB and wouldn't have KO'd Psyfox.

I'm going to leave it the way it is because I think this makes for a more exciting ending and it doesn't change anything about the battle or EXP distribution (next action Psyfox moves first and energy-KOs himself with rain dance), but yeah, this is why we always check on the db instead of assuming we remember our pokémon details. -_-;
Psyfox!! You survived the blast! I'm so proud of you <3

But how tragic an ending would it have been, a battered Abra making one final stand against a horrific blast of energy, and then the rain comes, like a gentle, mournful song, and washes away everyone's pain...

This is the alternate ending to the story :)

(btw I'm not implying you should change it - I think it's fine how it turned out - but it is kinda artsy in its own way :D)
Old 10-28-2017, 10:11 AM
collide disintegration

Negrek is on a distinguished road

FYI prizes are up, so go ahead and evolve your mons/spend your cash if you were planning on it!

Tags
complete asb battles, metronome battles, ref:negrek, win: zero moment