The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Games > Mafia

Notices

Players
  1. Chemist1422
  2. Eifie
  3. qva
  4. Stryke
  5. Panini
  6. RedneckPhoenix
  7. Hiikaru
  8. Butterfree

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #141  
Old 07-31-2019, 04:22 PM
Hiikaru's Avatar
Hiikaru Hiikaru is offline
Run.
 
Join Date: October 28, 2009
Posts: 720
Pronoun: he
Hiikaru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

re: qva's vote thing, yeah there really aren't any "functional power roles," are there? unless mafia count but i think it said somewhere in the rules that anyone can submit the kill so idk if even that would count as a power

2. doesn't that only clear one of the voters and not both

3. since i'm town idk if i should consider this as qva framing me or the flips continuing to be fucked up.

4. what's stopping us from just voting eifie since she clearly has no interest in helping us out? like chemist, she can talk again, so if she was really town she'd probably just say so

5. yeah i really should've voted rnp eod to save panini and i don't remember why i didn't

6. also it'd make way more sense to lynch eifie and gather info for one more night (maybe about the accuracy of the flips?) than making a guess now and potentially killing a town member, which is really dangerous if it's true that we still have multiple mafia left

which if eifie is mafia we have to, right? because she was dead last night/yesterday so if she was the last mafia town would've won

7. @panini can you re-explain really quick why you're saying eifie could've been converted because i forgot why you were sure of her innocence before
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 07-31-2019, 04:23 PM
Hiikaru's Avatar
Hiikaru Hiikaru is offline
Run.
 
Join Date: October 28, 2009
Posts: 720
Pronoun: he
Hiikaru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

oh yeah based on my post logic i should do a vote: eifie for now
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 07-31-2019, 04:31 PM
Eifie's Avatar
Eifie Eifie is offline
oh man, good times.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Posts: 3,228
Pronoun: she
Eifie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

BOY I SURE DO LOVE BASTARD GAMES

THIS IS DEFINITELY IN REPLY TO NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 07-31-2019, 05:11 PM
Panini's Avatar
Panini Panini is offline
The Upper Crust
 
Join Date: April 29, 2019
Location: WA, US
Posts: 149
Pronoun: she
Panini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiikaru View Post
re: qva's vote thing, yeah there really aren't any "functional power roles," are there? unless mafia count but i think it said somewhere in the rules that anyone can submit the kill so idk if even that would count as a power

2. doesn't that only clear one of the voters and not both

3. since i'm town idk if i should consider this as qva framing me or the flips continuing to be fucked up.

4. what's stopping us from just voting eifie since she clearly has no interest in helping us out? like chemist, she can talk again, so if she was really town she'd probably just say so

5. yeah i really should've voted rnp eod to save panini and i don't remember why i didn't

6. also it'd make way more sense to lynch eifie and gather info for one more night (maybe about the accuracy of the flips?) than making a guess now and potentially killing a town member, which is really dangerous if it's true that we still have multiple mafia left

which if eifie is mafia we have to, right? because she was dead last night/yesterday so if she was the last mafia town would've won

7. @panini can you re-explain really quick why you're saying eifie could've been converted because i forgot why you were sure of her innocence before
I've never been sure of Eifie's innocence lol


I'm leaving my thinking up for posterity but Eifie just emoted at me and I no longer think I'm right hfejkfhrjgh
[hide]
I said she might not be the most correct lynch today because the possibilities are the following:
1) Flips on death are fully reversed (town flips mafia, mafia flips town)
2) Only Town Flips are reversed/everything flips as mafia (town flips as mafia, mafia flips as mafia)

Since 2 wolves are alive today, both worlds are still possible. World 2 gives us no information but world 1 might still exist in which case everyone we've killed before is town? (This theory still suffers from the Bfree/Chem dichtonomy)
[/hide]
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 07-31-2019, 05:33 PM
Eifie's Avatar
Eifie Eifie is offline
oh man, good times.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Posts: 3,228
Pronoun: she
Eifie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

I THINK MAYBE PANINI TRIED TO ASK ME WHY I'M STILL TALKING IN DOG CHAT INSTEAD OF IN THE THREAD

THE ANSWER IS BECAUSE IT IS FUN AND BECAUSE I LIKE POSTING WOWEES

I WILL CONTINUE TO DO IT
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 07-31-2019, 05:52 PM
Keldeo's Avatar
Keldeo Keldeo is offline
Resolute
 
Join Date: April 5, 2012
Posts: 3,088
Pronoun: he, they
Keldeo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

Current Votes

RedneckPhoenix (1):: Eifie (#108)
Stryke (1): RedneckPhoenix (#127)
Hiikaru (1): qva (#129)
Eifie (1): Hiikaru (#142)
Not voting: Stryke, Panini

I forgot to count Eifie's vote on RedneckPhoenix in the previous votecount. This one should be correct.

Day 3 ends in around 12 hours. There will be a time extension if the vote is tied at deadline.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 07-31-2019, 05:53 PM
qva's Avatar
qva qva is offline
pretty good
 
Join Date: November 1, 2011
Location: space coast
Age: 19
Posts: 2,814
Pronoun: she
qva is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panini View Post
?

Didn't you say this yesterday:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qva View Post
oh, another thing. i asked keldeo last night if there were any power roles in this game (it pertained to my proposal) and he said no. then he clarified here. with that said, butterfree, how do you know panini is good?
If there's no power roles, how did this go through, was it outlined what constitutes a "functional power role" since presumably none of us started that way?
i did say that yesterday, yes. this is the reason it came up in the first place. when i say a functional power role what i mean is a town member who took an action the night before that is similar to a conventional power role. that is very slight paraphrasing there, pretty close to what keldeo said specifically. so the first time scum placed a vote on a town member who had investigated/blocked/healed/whatever the previous night, it counted for double. it doesn't seem like this happened, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiikaru View Post
2. doesn't that only clear one of the voters and not both
i could be wrong here, but i doubt it. there are only a few possiblities here:
  • both panini and rnp are scum. this seems extremely unlikely to me.
  • panini is scum. this also seems unlikely to me although i guess it isn't impossible, she's pretty good at the game. if this were the case, that means rnp did not conduct a "power role" action the previous night, or else the vote would have counted for double and he would have died. rnp, can you let us know what you did that night? forgive me if you already said.
  • rnp is scum. this can't be true because it predicates on panini being town, in which case i imagine she would be telling the truth about doctoring the previous night. that would make rnp's vote count for double, and panini would have died, which didn't happen.
  • neither are scum, in which nothing special happens. this seems like the most likely outcome to me.
so yeah idk. i was already town-reading panini so with that in mind i think rnp is cleared as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiikaru View Post
4. what's stopping us from just voting eifie since she clearly has no interest in helping us out? like chemist, she can talk again, so if she was really town she'd probably just say so
given that neither of them did this and eifie is being pretty eifie about being a wolf, i think it's possible that they're just not allowed to say, maybe? anyway we're in mylo i'm pretty sure so i'm kind of afraid of that. plus i got a scum check on you and i'm more trusting of that since butterfree actually got a town check on someone else doing the same thing, and i don't think anyone has died and flipped town yet so that seems kind of suspect
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 07-31-2019, 05:58 PM
Eifie's Avatar
Eifie Eifie is offline
oh man, good times.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Posts: 3,228
Pronoun: she
Eifie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

vote Hiikaru
__________________


"idk, I'm bad at puns" -Keldeo, inexorable pundit of puns and wordplay
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 07-31-2019, 06:02 PM
Eifie's Avatar
Eifie Eifie is offline
oh man, good times.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Posts: 3,228
Pronoun: she
Eifie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

QVA KNOWS A LOT OF STUFF

THINKING FACE
__________________


"idk, I'm bad at puns" -Keldeo, inexorable pundit of puns and wordplay
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 07-31-2019, 06:03 PM
Panini's Avatar
Panini Panini is offline
The Upper Crust
 
Join Date: April 29, 2019
Location: WA, US
Posts: 149
Pronoun: she
Panini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eifie View Post
I THINK MAYBE PANINI TRIED TO ASK ME WHY I'M STILL TALKING IN DOG CHAT INSTEAD OF IN THE THREAD

THE ANSWER IS BECAUSE IT IS FUN AND BECAUSE I LIKE POSTING WOWEES

I WILL CONTINUE TO DO IT
This is the correct question

And a fair response
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 07-31-2019, 06:06 PM
Panini's Avatar
Panini Panini is offline
The Upper Crust
 
Join Date: April 29, 2019
Location: WA, US
Posts: 149
Pronoun: she
Panini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

I think we should just kill Eifie tbh?

Whatever she is she's clearly not town, I was mostly hemming and hawing over her wanting to get killed because I was like maybe this is a jester (third party that wins when lynched)? or some kind of mafia role that benefits if they die?

But those kinds of things are pretty silly and I won't be sad if I lose to that tbh

Vote: Eifie
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 07-31-2019, 06:11 PM
Panini's Avatar
Panini Panini is offline
The Upper Crust
 
Join Date: April 29, 2019
Location: WA, US
Posts: 149
Pronoun: she
Panini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

Makes me sad tbh but at least we can still dog gif after you die if you have been converted wolf?

IDK HOW TO INTERPRET EMOJI ANYMORE

IT'S VERY HARD
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 07-31-2019, 06:25 PM
Eifie's Avatar
Eifie Eifie is offline
oh man, good times.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Posts: 3,228
Pronoun: she
Eifie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

LANG ZI SAYS:

INEVITABLY, ALL WHO HAVE EVIL IN THEIR HEARTS FIND THEMSELVES IN HELL
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 07-31-2019, 06:33 PM
Panini's Avatar
Panini Panini is offline
The Upper Crust
 
Join Date: April 29, 2019
Location: WA, US
Posts: 149
Pronoun: she
Panini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

Quote:
Originally Posted by qva View Post
i did say that yesterday, yes. this is the reason it came up in the first place. when i say a functional power role what i mean is a town member who took an action the night before that is similar to a conventional power role. that is very slight paraphrasing there, pretty close to what keldeo said specifically. so the first time scum placed a vote on a town member who had investigated/blocked/healed/whatever the previous night, it counted for double. it doesn't seem like this happened, though.

i could be wrong here, but i doubt it. there are only a few possiblities here:
  • both panini and rnp are scum. this seems extremely unlikely to me.
  • panini is scum. this also seems unlikely to me although i guess it isn't impossible, she's pretty good at the game. if this were the case, that means rnp did not conduct a "power role" action the previous night, or else the vote would have counted for double and he would have died. rnp, can you let us know what you did that night? forgive me if you already said.
  • rnp is scum. this can't be true because it predicates on panini being town, in which case i imagine she would be telling the truth about doctoring the previous night. that would make rnp's vote count for double, and panini would have died, which didn't happen.
  • neither are scum, in which nothing special happens. this seems like the most likely outcome to me.
so yeah idk. i was already town-reading panini so with that in mind i think rnp is cleared as well.
given that neither of them did this and eifie is being pretty eifie about being a wolf, i think it's possible that they're just not allowed to say, maybe? anyway we're in mylo i'm pretty sure so i'm kind of afraid of that. plus i got a scum check on you and i'm more trusting of that since butterfree actually got a town check on someone else doing the same thing, and i don't think anyone has died and flipped town yet so that seems kind of suspect
thanks for the explanation

(and the compliment ohohoh)

I think I get it now and this seems cohesive enough an explanation that I doubt it's faked? Kind of wild peeks are just like a thing you can ask for though if this is true tbh? Why didn't we just go 6 cops? The world will never know
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 07-31-2019, 06:33 PM
Hiikaru's Avatar
Hiikaru Hiikaru is offline
Run.
 
Join Date: October 28, 2009
Posts: 720
Pronoun: he
Hiikaru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

yeah but you'd have to propose to be a jester

so i agree that it's kind of too silly for real consideration

also eifie demands to be killed in 100% of discord mafia games where she's a wolf

and it always makes people question it because surely a wolf wouldn't claim wolf so they don't lynch her

and then she wins
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 07-31-2019, 06:33 PM
Panini's Avatar
Panini Panini is offline
The Upper Crust
 
Join Date: April 29, 2019
Location: WA, US
Posts: 149
Pronoun: she
Panini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eifie View Post
LANG ZI SAYS:

INEVITABLY, ALL WHO HAVE EVIL IN THEIR HEARTS FIND THEMSELVES IN HELL
:V
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 07-31-2019, 06:35 PM
Hiikaru's Avatar
Hiikaru Hiikaru is offline
Run.
 
Join Date: October 28, 2009
Posts: 720
Pronoun: he
Hiikaru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

1. what is mylo (should that be lylo)

i think mafia have to kill all town and we have like, 4 of us, i think? someone said 4/6 town and it would be so much effort to actually look back a couple of posts

so that's not too bad a position to be in
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 07-31-2019, 06:36 PM
Hiikaru's Avatar
Hiikaru Hiikaru is offline
Run.
 
Join Date: October 28, 2009
Posts: 720
Pronoun: he
Hiikaru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

who did butterfree towncheck again

was it panini

if so we're forced to consider a world in which you're right about all flips being reversed with would make panini or whoever actually mafia

i think
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 07-31-2019, 06:38 PM
Hiikaru's Avatar
Hiikaru Hiikaru is offline
Run.
 
Join Date: October 28, 2009
Posts: 720
Pronoun: he
Hiikaru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panini View Post
thanks for the explanation

(and the compliment ohohoh)

I think I get it now and this seems cohesive enough an explanation that I doubt it's faked? Kind of wild peeks are just like a thing you can ask for though if this is true tbh? Why didn't we just go 6 cops? The world will never know
wow you're right

i spent so much time trying to come up with complicated stuff that would be accepted and then apparently you can just

be a cop every single night

(i've never played a calvinball mafia)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 07-31-2019, 06:40 PM
Panini's Avatar
Panini Panini is offline
The Upper Crust
 
Join Date: April 29, 2019
Location: WA, US
Posts: 149
Pronoun: she
Panini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calvinball 2019: The Days Are Just Packed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiikaru View Post
who did butterfree towncheck again

was it panini

if so we're forced to consider a world in which you're right about all flips being reversed with would make panini or whoever actually mafia

i think
It was indeed me

But flip mechanics and check mechanics aren't the same thing

You can check as your true alignment and flip as the opposite or vice versa

If someone made a proposal like "I want all town to flip as mafia" that shouldn't effect cop peeks

It's part of the reason Bfree's checks mean that conversion is in play or her read got bunked, but I'm more inclined to think it's the former given Chem's play
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Pokémon, Pikachu and all other Pokémon characters © Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. The Cave of Dragonflies, content, styles, etc. © Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis.
Forum now hosted by Eevee's HQ.