The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Non-Pokémon > The Laughing Cupboard

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Opinions always subject to change.

Pronoun: She
Loffyglu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proposition 8 overturned

I put this in the Laughing Cupboard because I think it's wonderful news; I'm not actually sure where I should put it, but I figured this was a good fit!

So, Proposition 8, which bans same-sex marriage in California, has been ruled unconstitutional. I'll copy some of the article here:

Quote:
A federal judge in San Francisco decided today that gays and lesbians have a constitutional right to marry, striking down Proposition 8, the voter approved ballot measure that banned same-sex unions.

U.S. District Chief Judge Vaughn R. Walker said Proposition 8, passed by voters in November 2008, violated the federal constitutional rights of gays and lesbians to marry the partners of their choice. His ruling is expected to be appealed to the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals and then up to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Granted, some of the comments on the article going on about how "unGodly" or "sick" this news is make me want to punch something; but, eh, who cares? Let's hope this thing holds out~
“If you think of someone's good qualities as the umeboshi in an onigiri, it's as if their qualities are stuck to their back! People around the world are like onigiri. Everyone has an umeboshi with a different shape and color and flavor. But because it's stuck on their back, they might not be able to see their umeboshi.”
— Tohru Honda, Fruits Basket

I want everyone who reads this to remember; you're loved. I don't care who you are; there's someone out there who loves you, someone who truly cares for you, someone who believes in you. Because, no matter who you are, you're special. Remember that. ♥

Old 08-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Pronoun: she
Adriane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proposition 8 overturned

It's too early for celebration; once it gets past the appeals and the decision reaches national level, I'll dance.

Nonetheless, it's a great first step.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Opinions always subject to change.

Pronoun: She
Loffyglu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixie View Post
It's too early for celebration; once it gets past the appeals and the decision reaches national level, I'll dance.

Nonetheless, it's a great first step.
I agree, definitely; I just think it's a step in the right direction, and that in itself ought to be celebrated, in my opinion~
“If you think of someone's good qualities as the umeboshi in an onigiri, it's as if their qualities are stuck to their back! People around the world are like onigiri. Everyone has an umeboshi with a different shape and color and flavor. But because it's stuck on their back, they might not be able to see their umeboshi.”
— Tohru Honda, Fruits Basket

I want everyone who reads this to remember; you're loved. I don't care who you are; there's someone out there who loves you, someone who truly cares for you, someone who believes in you. Because, no matter who you are, you're special. Remember that. ♥

Old 08-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Fire emblem is great

Pronoun: He
Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird

agrees, although it doesn't affect me at all. I live across the country from California.

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:04 PM
pew

Pronoun: he
Green is an unknown quantity at this point

hahahaha

in your face the rest of middle school
Old 08-05-2010, 11:20 PM

Pronoun: they
Minish has disabled reputation

:'D Ahhh, this is amazing news. I wasn't following it since I haven't heard much more about it, so it feels like it came out of nowhere almost!

Whooo!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:09 AM
Metapod

Pronoun: He
Ryan the Terrible is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Ryan the Terrible Send a message via MSN to Ryan the Terrible

I didn't even know this was going anywhere until yesterday but it's obviously going to be a HUGE step forward when it finally goes national. :D

Can't wait to see how this turns out, hate to bring negativity into here but I'm going to be really pissed if this doesn't get approved. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to ever be against same-sex marriage. That being said, this does seem to be making great progress, so I guess we'll just see how it pans out.

Tags
gay marriage, lgbt, proposition 8