The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Non-Pokémon > Miscellaneous Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Harlequin's Avatar
Harlequin Harlequin is offline
Butterfree
 
Join Date: June 27, 2008
Location: Wales
Age: 28
Posts: 2,020
Pronoun: He
Harlequin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Indians can be gay now

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8129836.stm
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-02-2009, 05:12 PM
goldenquagsire's Avatar
goldenquagsire goldenquagsire is offline
Rubber dinghy rapids, bro!
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: York, UK
Age: 26
Posts: 1,456
Pronoun: He
goldenquagsire is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to goldenquagsire Send a message via MSN to goldenquagsire
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

I heard it only applied in New Delhi, and it could still get overturned. But eh, any progress is good.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Vladimir Putin's LJ's Avatar
Vladimir Putin's LJ Vladimir Putin's LJ is offline
your blood flows through my veins
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: Moscow Kremlin.
Age: 66
Posts: 2,838
Pronoun: He
Vladimir Putin's LJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

'a 148-year-old colonial law' OH GOOD JOB BRITS ):<

Anyway great news, firm handshakes all around.
__________________
won can i every be beat
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Harlequin's Avatar
Harlequin Harlequin is offline
Butterfree
 
Join Date: June 27, 2008
Location: Wales
Age: 28
Posts: 2,020
Pronoun: He
Harlequin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

WELL WE GOT RID OF OURS A FEW YEARS AGO

SORRY
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Momoharu's Avatar
Momoharu Momoharu is offline
Can't Tell Me Nothin
 
Join Date: June 10, 2009
Location: Universe City
Age: 25
Posts: 501
Pronoun: Male
Momoharu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

God damnit, I'm Indian.

And now my mother country's starting to turn into Canada.
__________________


Srs business avatar by the wonderful FMC.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-03-2009, 12:41 AM
J.T.'s Avatar
J.T. J.T. is offline
wat
 
Join Date: June 27, 2008
Posts: 624
Pronoun: Male
J.T. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoharu View Post
God damnit, I'm Indian.

And now my mother country's starting to turn into Canada.
i swear to god if you say that's a bad thing
__________________
Currently Reading: Nothing much.

Currently Playing: Cave Story (for about the fifth time) and Team Fortress 2 (still).

I decided to make a blog out of boredom. If you're as bored as I was when I made it, then click here to see it.[/SIZE][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Blastoise Fortooate's Avatar
Blastoise Fortooate Blastoise Fortooate is offline
Geographical!
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: Amabala
Age: 24
Posts: 4,782
Pronoun: He
Blastoise Fortooate is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Blastoise Fortooate
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

goodgoodgood.

*shakes VPLJ's hand, then slowly backs away and discreetly wipes hand on shirt for no apparent reason*
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Momoharu's Avatar
Momoharu Momoharu is offline
Can't Tell Me Nothin
 
Join Date: June 10, 2009
Location: Universe City
Age: 25
Posts: 501
Pronoun: Male
Momoharu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
i swear to god if you say that's a bad thing
Nah, Canada's alright. But still... What's next, we're gonna be the French's bitches? D:
__________________


Srs business avatar by the wonderful FMC.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Vladimir Putin's LJ's Avatar
Vladimir Putin's LJ Vladimir Putin's LJ is offline
your blood flows through my veins
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: Moscow Kremlin.
Age: 66
Posts: 2,838
Pronoun: He
Vladimir Putin's LJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

If it helps with social progression I don't see how it'd be a bad thing tbh
__________________
won can i every be beat
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-03-2009, 09:10 AM
goldenquagsire's Avatar
goldenquagsire goldenquagsire is offline
Rubber dinghy rapids, bro!
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: York, UK
Age: 26
Posts: 1,456
Pronoun: He
goldenquagsire is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to goldenquagsire Send a message via MSN to goldenquagsire
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

Quote:
WELL WE GOT RID OF OURS A FEW YEARS AGO

SORRY
There *are* no gays in Britain. Fact.

Quote:
'a 148-year-old colonial law' OH GOOD JOB BRITS ):<

Anyway great news, firm handshakes all around.
for once I can't make a snide comment in response because Belgium made homosexuals legal in 1795. :(

well I guess you guys had King Leopold. he was a right twat and a half. :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Harlequin's Avatar
Harlequin Harlequin is offline
Butterfree
 
Join Date: June 27, 2008
Location: Wales
Age: 28
Posts: 2,020
Pronoun: He
Harlequin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

Britain has a terrible record re: gays anyway. Like, horrible. Gay sex between sixteen year olds only became legal in 2000.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Tarvos's Avatar
Tarvos Tarvos is offline
helt plötsligt blev det tyst
 
Join Date: November 30, 2008
Location: Netherlands
Age: 30
Posts: 3,077
Pronoun: He
Tarvos is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tarvos Send a message via Yahoo to Tarvos
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

i live in homoland homos are welcome here except where the moroccan islam nigres live and bible belters
__________________
Men du om nĺn borde förstĺ att man inte gör sĺhär mot mig
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Vladimir Putin's LJ's Avatar
Vladimir Putin's LJ Vladimir Putin's LJ is offline
your blood flows through my veins
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: Moscow Kremlin.
Age: 66
Posts: 2,838
Pronoun: He
Vladimir Putin's LJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenquagsire View Post
There *are* no gays in Britain. Fact.

so creepy

And yeah I'm not Belgian (just live here) but all these countries invaded by Napoleon got their gay on pretty soon iirc. Portugal actually legalized it back in the late 19th century for a couple of years before it was recriminalized again for some reason :/

EDIT: yeah the Netherlands is pretty much the Land of Gays.
__________________
won can i every be beat
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-03-2009, 08:43 PM
goldenquagsire's Avatar
goldenquagsire goldenquagsire is offline
Rubber dinghy rapids, bro!
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: York, UK
Age: 26
Posts: 1,456
Pronoun: He
goldenquagsire is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to goldenquagsire Send a message via MSN to goldenquagsire
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

Quote:
Britain has a terrible record re: gays anyway. Like, horrible. Gay sex between sixteen year olds only became legal in 2000.
yeah, this sucks. and we still don't have proper gay marriage, right? like, civil unions and stuff. ):

it's really odd when you consider how blatantly gay so much of Britain has been in the past. we've had like, three lesbian queens or something. and loads of gay royalty.

Quote:
And yeah I'm not Belgian (just live here)
yeah i'm not actually British as well (well sorta, I'm half and half I guess? having two passports is fun)

Quote:
but all these countries invaded by Napoleon got their gay on pretty soon iirc.
ooh interesting correlation you make there. :3

Quote:
EDIT: yeah the Netherlands is pretty much the Land of Gays.
amongst many, many other things...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Vladimir Putin's LJ's Avatar
Vladimir Putin's LJ Vladimir Putin's LJ is offline
your blood flows through my veins
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: Moscow Kremlin.
Age: 66
Posts: 2,838
Pronoun: He
Vladimir Putin's LJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenquagsire View Post
yeah i'm not actually British as well (well sorta, I'm half and half I guess? having two passports is fun)
I have three passports, none of them Belgian. Beat that. (it's actually a pain because i keep having to renew them all at the same time ): )
Quote:
ooh interesting correlation you make there. :3
He was a cool guy 'v'
__________________
won can i every be beat
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-03-2009, 09:15 PM
goldenquagsire's Avatar
goldenquagsire goldenquagsire is offline
Rubber dinghy rapids, bro!
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: York, UK
Age: 26
Posts: 1,456
Pronoun: He
goldenquagsire is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to goldenquagsire Send a message via MSN to goldenquagsire
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

Quote:
I have three passports, none of them Belgian. Beat that. (it's actually a pain because i keep having to renew them all at the same time ): )
huh? how did you get three? O_o

i'm guessing, one from your mother's country, one from your father's country and one from where you were born? but no belgian passport? that is really odd.

Quote:
He was a cool guy 'v'
Napoleon was a total badass. he's a hero to short people everywhere. he's like our Martin Luther King. ¦3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Vladimir Putin's LJ's Avatar
Vladimir Putin's LJ Vladimir Putin's LJ is offline
your blood flows through my veins
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: Moscow Kremlin.
Age: 66
Posts: 2,838
Pronoun: He
Vladimir Putin's LJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenquagsire View Post
huh? how did you get three? O_o

i'm guessing, one from your mother's country, one from your father's country and one from where you were born? but no belgian passport? that is really odd.
Nope: I've got a Portuguese one because of my mum, a Dutch one because of my dad and an Australian one (plus birth certificate) because of my dad as well.
He was born there.
I think I don't have a Belgian passport because my mother works in the EU and so I only need a special ID card. Or something. I'll ask her.

And yeah, Napo's cool as hell. He's also the same height as Medvedev huhu
__________________
won can i every be beat
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-03-2009, 10:51 PM
goldenquagsire's Avatar
goldenquagsire goldenquagsire is offline
Rubber dinghy rapids, bro!
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: York, UK
Age: 26
Posts: 1,456
Pronoun: He
goldenquagsire is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to goldenquagsire Send a message via MSN to goldenquagsire
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

Quote:
Nope: I've got a Portuguese one because of my mum, a Dutch one because of my dad and an Australian one (plus birth certificate) because of my dad as well.
He was born there.
I think I don't have a Belgian passport because my mother works in the EU and so I only need a special ID card. Or something. I'll ask her.
you can inherit two nationalities from one parent? interesting.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Harlequin's Avatar
Harlequin Harlequin is offline
Butterfree
 
Join Date: June 27, 2008
Location: Wales
Age: 28
Posts: 2,020
Pronoun: He
Harlequin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indians can be gay now

You don't need a Belgian passport because you're not a Belgian national! or something idk.

but yeah Britain sucks at gay. It's weird considering that like, Britain has a fuckton of gays, past and present.

I guess it's just that we never actually legalise things until we absolutely have to.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lgbt

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Pokémon, Pikachu and all other Pokémon characters © Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. The Cave of Dragonflies, content, styles, etc. © Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis.
Forum now hosted by Eevee's HQ.